Poll

Would you rather live in a diverse area or an area with only your people?

A Diverse Area
14 (66.7%)
An area with your race/nationality
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: A poll just out of curiosity...  (Read 1447 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: A poll just out of curiosity...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 07:04:48 PM »
I just did a search for the most diverse place in the world (because I thought Vancouver was), and the results I got were, (in no order), Queens, San Franciso, Sacramento, Toronto and Vancouver.  So I dunno.

Funny that Los Angeles is not on the list... ???

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 07:25:59 PM »
Los Angeles should mos def be on that list. Isn't there at least 1 person from every single country living here?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 07:56:14 PM »
I just did a search for the most diverse place in the world (because I thought Vancouver was), and the results I got were, (in no order), Queens, San Franciso, Sacramento, Toronto and Vancouver.  So I dunno.

Funny that Los Angeles is not on the list... ???

my bad, yeah LA was listed too

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 10:10:30 PM »

I figured Toronto would be higher, its 50% immigrants and 40% homosexuals there.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 09:18:08 AM »
I live in the most diverse place in America

actually queens ny is the most diverse place in the western hemisphere.

Well then you've never been to Toronto. We don't just have at least one of every type of person we got entire sections of them. Korean, Vietnamese, Chinses, Japanese, Sri Lanken, Somolian, Jamaican, Guyanese, Trinadadian, Latino, Greek, Italian, Russian, rich Jewish, poor Jewish, Black ghetto, Arabic, Persian, Indian, Pakistani, Philipino. I could keep going. It's not just like there is one here and there, it's like I could go to a part of the city and the whole area is catored towards that culture. There's store's with their food, the clothing style, their schools.

Oh a Lincoln, where do you get %40 homosexuals. Sure we got what I think is the second largest gay community next to San Fran but %40 is really high. It's no where near that.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 10:12:44 AM »

Well then you've never been to Toronto. We don't just have at least one of every type of person we got entire sections of them. Korean, Vietnamese, Chinses, Japanese, Sri Lanken, Somolian, Jamaican, Guyanese, Trinadadian, Latino, Greek, Italian, Russian, rich Jewish, poor Jewish, Black ghetto, Arabic, Persian, Indian, Pakistani, Philipino. I could keep going. It's not just like there is one here and there, it's like I could go to a part of the city and the whole area is catored towards that culture. There's store's with their food, the clothing style, their schools.

Oh a Lincoln, where do you get %40 homosexuals. Sure we got what I think is the second largest gay community next to San Fran but %40 is really high. It's no where near that.

I was just fooling around with 40%, just an exageration. But it is pretty high isn't it?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
Yeah I figured you were but some may have taken it literally. There is a large Gay community here though. They have this big parade every year. But it isn't that big. I've lived here 22 years and I don't know one openly gay person, personally. There are a lot of bisexual girls here and there that I know but I think it's a phase they go through. The media shows lesbianism as being a lot cooler than homosexuality. I know a lot of girls that have tried it or at the very least thought about doing it. I can personally say it was never on any of my to do lists. I'm not a homophobe but I can't control th cringe in my spine evertime I think about it.

pappy

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 12:25:31 PM »

you have that in queens too.  Astoria Queens has the largest greek population outside of the mediterrian.  Ozone Park/South Ozone Park/Richmond hill largest indians population outside of india (ruined the southside of queens).  Richmond Hill aka little guyana.  Howard Beach nicknamed little italy an ozone park was called that 2 but the neighborhood changed.  Jackson Heights an East Elmhurst columbian an ecudorian.  Maspeth Queens aka Pollock Alley.  Ridgewodd Queens all german.  Flushing queens all korean n chinese.  Even the Major stores in the area are written in korean an chinese.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2004, 02:57:12 PM »
I would definitely prefer to live in a place that has little to no diversity. I have personally spent all my life here in Ohio where the overwhelming majority of people are white, with a small minority of black people. There are no Hispanics, Middle Easterners, Indians, etc here and that is just the way I like it. I have been to big cities like San Francisco and New York and it was like I had left America and visited a third world country. Nobody speaks English, the neighborhoods are run down, tons of crime....its absolutely horrible. I am much happier living in the Midwest where everyone looks the same, speaks the same language, takes care of our communities, shows patriotism, and shares the same traditional American values. That is the America that I know and prefer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 05:55:33 PM by CWalker187 »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 04:07:56 PM »
^do u know ur racist, or are u in denial?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 04:59:56 PM »

you have that in queens too.  Astoria Queens has the largest greek population outside of the mediterrian.  Ozone Park/South Ozone Park/Richmond hill largest indians population outside of india (ruined the southside of queens).  Richmond Hill aka little guyana.  Howard Beach nicknamed little italy an ozone park was called that 2 but the neighborhood changed.  Jackson Heights an East Elmhurst columbian an ecudorian.  Maspeth Queens aka Pollock Alley.  Ridgewodd Queens all german.  Flushing queens all korean n chinese.  Even the Major stores in the area are written in korean an chinese.

I never meant to imply that Queens or New York wasn't diverse, but you said it was the most diverse. There isn't a single race present in New York that isn't here. However, correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't many Sri Lankens, if any at all, in New York, and not too many Somolians. We have the foriegn language signs on stores here too.

pappy

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 05:41:47 PM »
^do u know ur racist, or are u in denial?

how is that racist.  If a black man or spanish guy said you wouldnt think twice about it.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 06:02:42 PM »
However, correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't many Sri Lankens, if any at all, in New York, and not too many Somolians. We have the foriegn language signs on stores here too.

I can honestly say that I have no idea what in the world a Sri Lankan is (nor do I really want to find out).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2004, 06:12:07 PM »
However, correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't many Sri Lankens, if any at all, in New York, and not too many Somolians. We have the foriegn language signs on stores here too.

I can honestly say that I have no idea what in the world a Sri Lankan is (nor do I really want to find out).

Well I 'll tell you anyway. Sri Lanaka is a war torn country in Asia, near India. Sri Lankan people are very dark skinnined and the ones around here have a rather large asppreciation for Reggae music, the new Reggae. You know the dance hall stuff like Sean Paul. There is a very large population of them in Toronto. Percentage wise it's probably like the amount of Latinos in some US cities. They are also known as Tamils, for their religion I think, and many (but not most) are involved in crime. The Tamil Tigers is a militia in Sri Lanka that attempts to over throw the government there, or something like that, and many of it's members came here and continued their criminal ways, recruiting younger teens into their gangs.

pappy

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 06:18:48 PM »

Well I 'll tell you anyway. Sri Lanaka is a war torn country in Asia, near India. Sri Lankan people are very dark skinnined and the ones around here have a rather large asppreciation for Reggae music, the new Reggae. You know the dance hall stuff like Sean Paul. There is a very large population of them in Toronto. Percentage wise it's probably like the amount of Latinos in some US cities. They are also known as Tamils, for their religion I think, and many (but not most) are involved in crime. The Tamil Tigers is a militia in Sri Lanka that attempts to over throw the government there, or something like that, and many of it's members came here and continued their criminal ways, recruiting younger teens into their gangs.

yea we got sri lanakans in queens.  we dont have a large neighborhood of them in queens tho.  Im not sure of the BK n the bronx tho.  But ive heard the ones in Tdot are crazy in the streets.