Author Topic: biting overseer's post... do you europeans think all americans.......  (Read 874 times)

pappy

are gun toting, gang bangin, mob boss, drug dealin criminals.  like just on this board for instance.  When someone brings up crime stats in america, i get the vibe they think everyone in america is involved in some illegal act.  When they talk about rappers they say stuff like he is just talking about daily events in his neighborhoods.  And its like that shit dont happen every minute.  Like i saw someone say loyd banks album is just telling stories about his neighborhood jamaica queens.  an its like do you realize how big jamaica is.  Do you realize you have rich neighborhoods in jamaica an slums.  And in the slums it aint raining bullets like rappers say it is.  I dunno i got a lot to say but i cant put it into words lol.  Jus like seer asked do us americans think europe is some giant 3rd world country.  Do you europeans think america is some giant gang territory where everyone owns a gun or sells drugs. 

mauzip

Re: biting overseer's post... do you europeans think all americans.......
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 11:34:38 PM »
No, but I think I can say out of experience Europeans have a better picture of the USA than Americans have of Europe.

hector

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 12:03:45 AM »
hmmm, well I'm actually from America, and I thought that was true.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 12:38:07 AM »
You just get the general impression that near all Americans have weapons, and it's 100 times easier to purchase weapons there, like e.g. selling it in malls and shit, wether you're mentally fit to own a gun or not.

E.g. on the Munch "Scream & Madonna" theft today, 2 of the witnesses was from America, this is what they told press:

50-60 year old dude:
"This guy was waving around with a, well you know I'm from Texas so I know my guns hehe, I think a .37 caliber or .40"

Woman:
"The man looked crazy and confused, he pointed around with a, I think it was a 40 caliber, it's actually the first time I seen a gun in Norway"

Owning a weapon here in Norway, usually means 3 things:
1. You're a hunter or in a shooting club.
2. You're a policeman or in the military
3. You're a criminal

We don't keep guns for security reasons over here, it's not needed at all.  :)

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 03:28:24 AM »

nah we think americans are  fat red neck lazy mcdonalds eating slobs..

coz we get shown that jerry springer and oprah..

either that or they're ultra nice white people.. like on friends, will and grace. etc...

lol.. know its not true.. but its how it looks!

do they show any english soaps in america?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 03:49:31 AM »
Every state in America is completely different.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 06:27:43 AM »
yes  I do think americans own WAY too many guns. from crackers in ohio to niggaz in compton.. everybody. too many guns.
thing is.. if someone is drunk or an asshole or whatever in other countries, there are fistfights in which the fighters are pulled away from each other in a second.
but, if everybody owns 6 guns, the fights are "different"... I can tell from experience that if certain ppl who attacked someone when I was around had guns, I  might be dead by now lol. but since this isnt the case at all, it's all good.
guns are a true problem in the US, yes, I think that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 06:35:14 AM »
Every state in America is completely different.

just like every state, in every country in europe..

thats a lotta difference..

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 07:03:03 AM »
No, but I think I can say out of experience Europeans have a better picture of the USA than Americans have of Europe.
yeah ::) some ppl honestly think polar bears walks in streets of Finland, and thats retarded..

and no i dont think all they got guns and shit and bullets flying in every corner, but still america got way more guns and crimes then all europe probably together..*sarcasm*
but u get the idea..

some1 must b very young or very stubid to think that all what tom gotti said is true.. :P

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 07:41:42 AM »
You just get the general impression that near all Americans have weapons, and it's 100 times easier to purchase weapons there, like e.g. selling it in malls and shit, wether you're mentally fit to own a gun or not.

E.g. on the Munch "Scream & Madonna" theft today, 2 of the witnesses was from America, this is what they told press:

50-60 year old dude:
"This guy was waving around with a, well you know I'm from Texas so I know my guns hehe, I think a .37 caliber or .40"

Woman:
"The man looked crazy and confused, he pointed around with a, I think it was a 40 caliber, it's actually the first time I seen a gun in Norway"

3. You're a criminal

We don't keep guns for security reasons over here, it's not needed at all.  :)

^ Yeah, "it's not needed at all", until they steal the most valuable property IN YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING COUNTRY, lol. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 07:43:46 AM »

nah we think americans are  fat red neck lazy mcdonalds eating slobs..

coz we get shown that jerry springer and oprah..

either that or they're ultra nice white people.. like on friends, will and grace. etc...

lol.. know its not true.. but its how it looks!

do they show any english soaps in america?

Nope.  I think we can get BBC comedy? Or something like that... I think it's called BBC America, I dunno.  I saw a commercial for one of the shows one time, looked hilarious.  There was some fat guy @ an office, with people standing around, and he was like, I've got good news, and I've got bad news... the bad news is, 5 of us are going to be laid off.....  the good news is, I just got a raise.  Everybody's quiet, and he goes "Eh.... still  miffed about the bad news, eh?"  Or something like that. 

pappy

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 10:55:36 AM »

3. You're a criminal

OMFG THOSE ARE THE 3 MAIN REASON PEOPLE OWN GUNS IN AMERICA... WELL I'D BE DAMNED

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »
Everybody knows the biggest difference between Europe and America is the size of the egocentral view of their citizens.. :)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 03:03:29 PM »
I know alot of gun toting Americans thats for damn sure
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »
yeah ::) some ppl honestly think polar bears walks in streets of Finland, and thats retarded..

and no i dont think all they got guns and shit and bullets flying in every corner, but still america got way more guns and crimes then all europe probably together..*sarcasm*
but u get the idea..

some1 must b very young or very stubid to think that all what tom gotti said is true.. :P

Why did you use the rolleyes smilie?