Author Topic: biting overseer's post... do you europeans think all americans.......  (Read 856 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: biting overseer's post... do you europeans think all americans.......
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 03:26:54 PM »

Owning a weapon here in Norway, usually means 3 things:
1. You're a hunter or in a shooting club.
2. You're a policeman or in the military
3. You're a criminal

OMFG THOSE ARE THE 3 MAIN REASON PEOPLE OWN GUNS IN AMERICA... WELL I'D BE DAMNED

That's not true...I own a gun just for the hell of it and/or saftey reasons.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 03:58:27 PM »
Lest there be any doubt, I own several guns.  I have pistols, I have rifles, I have shotguns, I even have guns that are almost impossible to fire because they're antiques.  I have a Russian machine gun, too, LOL. 

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 04:13:32 PM »

nah we think americans are  fat red neck lazy mcdonalds eating slobs..

coz we get shown that jerry springer and oprah..

either that or they're ultra nice white people.. like on friends, will and grace. etc...

lol.. know its not true.. but its how it looks!

do they show any english soaps in america?

Nope.  I think we can get BBC comedy? Or something like that... I think it's called BBC America, I dunno.  I saw a commercial for one of the shows one time, looked hilarious.  There was some fat guy @ an office, with people standing around, and he was like, I've got good news, and I've got bad news... the bad news is, 5 of us are going to be laid off.....  the good news is, I just got a raise.  Everybody's quiet, and he goes "Eh.... still  miffed about the bad news, eh?"  Or something like that. 

bbc america.. i know about that.. u should check out the american version of "top of the pops"  :)

that programs called "the office".. it won lots of awards. the guy that wrote it is also comedian...

btw check out the cover for his stand up DVD..  up your street.. lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 05:35:44 PM »
LOL, that pictures gangsta

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2004, 06:13:20 PM »
[that programs called "the office".. it won lots of awards. the guy that wrote it is also comedian...
The Office is my second favorite show of all time. I own the DVDs. 

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »
I don't have a gun. But I know alot of people that do...  I do think some of the laws are bullshit too. I got charged with Assault and Battery today. Get this it was some dudes that came into my neighborhood to jump me.  I went outside alone and 4 of them were in there car and when I got like 3 feet from the car the started it up. I knew they were there earlier with bats and shit. So I popped the dude in the face while he was in the car and he drove off and i smashed there back window out. This was Wednesday night. I get a call this morning that I am being charged with assault and battery becuase the dudes went to the cops. Now what kind of pussies come to jump me and then when I punch one of them they call 5-0. Granted I did break the bone under his eye and his nose, So he is pressing charges. The cops don't care one bit that they were down there with bats just that i defended myself. Thats gay. 

Jome

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 08:43:33 PM »
Owning a weapon here in Norway, usually means 3 things:
1. You're a hunter or in a shooting club.
2. You're a policeman or in the military
3. You're a criminal
OMFG THOSE ARE THE 3 MAIN REASON PEOPLE OWN GUNS IN AMERICA... WELL I'D BE DAMNED

Oh well, you get the impression it's mostly #3, with some additional #2..

That's not true...I own a gun just for the hell of it and/or saftey reasons.

That's what you always hear in those gun arguments.
"I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF, MY CHILDREN, AND MY HOUSE"
lol

^ Yeah, "it's not needed at all", until they steal the most valuable property IN YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING COUNTRY, lol. 

LoL
The general Norwegian doesn't give a shit about some crappy painting.
It's the tourists loss anyways, we're not losing any money on that either way...  ;D

It's not like there's a actual risk of somebody breaking into your house or getting robbed in a backalley..  :D
Whenever the politicians discuss gun politics, this argument is always brought up: "We DO NOT want American conditions".  :)

DAYUM

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2004, 10:37:10 PM »
in america every city has a ghetto and every city has a rich side... some have gangs some just have drugs some have guns it all depends where you live my city has mainly all but gangs have been cut down alot and so has guns.. but drugs are still bad...

DAYUM

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2004, 10:38:17 PM »
P.S. i live in Texas and we get alot of drugs cuzz looks whos right below us... ;)

mauzip

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2004, 01:30:15 AM »
In Arizona you have those plants or trees (I don't know what they are) and they grow really high in the air, about 4 or 5 meters. We used to cut them off with a samurai sword :D

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2004, 01:39:40 AM »
i dont think the people on this board can speak for EVERYone from their country tho. I mean, i dont think shit about Europeans really. Obviously they arent all the same. Ask the Germans if they are the same as the Polish lol. But its silly to think we all the same too. Shit, like Tom said...just in one neighborhood....it can be ghetto as hell, and nice on tha other side. I understand tho why people might believe what they see on tv or hear on cd's about us. For someone who never been here, thats all they have to know what its like here.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 11:37:43 PM »
it's funny how ignorant europeans like jome make america out to be when they havn't even been to the most gun affluent cities in america

compton? not 90% as bad as people make it out to be......the most unsafe place to be in LA at night is not compton, watts,e. LA, long beach or inglewood, but skidrow.

Detroit? pretty much the crime capitol of the US BUT it's no more less safe than london is

New york? IMO new york gets the worst rap as this "home of the mafia" 'rough neck" "ghetto of all ghettos" NY ain't nothing like that ...if anything it's one of the safest , the only scary thing is all those people on the side walk ....mu fucker might scuff my jordans.

Jome you're an ignorant idiot...

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

pappy

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2004, 12:19:37 AM »
it's funny how ignorant europeans like jome make america out to be when they havn't even been to the most gun affluent cities in america

compton? not 90% as bad as people make it out to be......the most unsafe place to be in LA at night is not compton, watts,e. LA, long beach or inglewood, but skidrow.

Detroit? pretty much the crime capitol of the US BUT it's no more less safe than london is

New york? IMO new york gets the worst rap as this "home of the mafia" 'rough neck" "ghetto of all ghettos" NY ain't nothing like that ...if anything it's one of the safest , the only scary thing is all those people on the side walk ....mu fucker might scuff my jordans.

new york aint nothing like it was.  Through out the 70's an 80's you had 2000 muderes a year.  Shit was crazy.  But that all went away basically.  Drug Turf is settled now an all the big time dealers in ny went down south.  and the mafia is more legit than in years an arent as reckless where there pop off at the drop of a dime.  seriously,  the best tho was when jome said loyd banks cd is telling a story of growing up in jamaica queens lol.

Jome

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2004, 06:12:25 PM »

Why.. ??
Because I'm breaking down the stereotype American for you.. ?
And neither I nor Europeans make that stereotype, AMERICANS CREATE IT, you moron!

But then again, you probably never set your foot outside U.S., and neither do you understand the term "stereotype".
Americans like to describe Englishmen as "Americans except wack dental hygiene, without proper sports, and without good looking women" and Frenchmen as "Feminine pussies with a stupid language, closet homosexuals and what worse is".

IF ANYBODY shouldn't be talking about other cultures and stereotypes, it's Americans !!!
The stereotypes Americans have of other cultures, are the least educated and dumbest stereotypes there is, this board should be proof enough. (Like always, this doesn't go for every American, there are smart ones, but then again there's dumbasses like Jake who ruins for the smart Americans)

And for the last time, let me make this simple for you:
When you ask for the term "Stereotype American", it does NOT EQUAL "my opinion", it's the picture the rest of the world have of Americans based on Americans actions, behavior, culture, etc.

ster·e·o·type 
n

1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
   2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.

Feel free to not reply, take a history or geography class instead.
Jake, you're a dumbass.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2004, 08:56:19 PM »

The stereotypes Americans have of other cultures, are the least educated and dumbest stereotypes there is, this board should be proof enough.

I never knew there was a well educated, smart stereotype
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE