Author Topic: Dre is wasting time with the GOAT(s)  (Read 1032 times)

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dre is wasting time with the GOAT(s)
« on: October 03, 2002, 04:11:31 AM »
Dre will never use want he has in these arist. All this talent and we will most likely never hear them together or get a "Aftermath" album. Dre is so busy trying to be perfect that he's letting precious time pass away. Dre, Cube and Ra are all closer to forty than thirty, time is of the essence. If Dre takes three years to produce every Aftermath album then Cude will be in his forties before we see his album drop. And this might be Rakim's only full LP on Aftermath because when will his turn come back around, 2010? Dre has assembled and legendary squad but why wait until dinner gets cold to eat, isn't it better while it's hot. Dre has a opportunity to do something great and it doesn't have to take years to do so. Rakim is the greatest MC ever and he's been on the shelf since 2000 because Dre thinks he has all the time in the world
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Dre is wasting time with the GOAT(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 04:16:17 AM »
Dre will never use want he has in these arist. All this talent and we will most likely never hear them together or get a "Aftermath" album. Dre is so busy trying to be perfect that he's letting precious time pass away. Dre, Cube and Ra are all closer to forty than thirty, time is of the essence. If Dre takes three years to produce every Aftermath album then Cude will be in his forties before we see his album drop. And this might be Rakim's only full LP on Aftermath because when will his turn come back around, 2010? Dre has assembled and legendary squad but why wait until dinner gets cold to eat, isn't it better while it's hot. Dre has a opportunity to do something great and it doesn't have to take years to do so. Rakim is the greatest MC ever and he's been on the shelf since 2000 because Dre thinks he has all the time in the world

i TOTALLY agree

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 04:48:47 AM »
You can't rush perfection.

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 04:57:45 AM »
You can't rush perfection.

The second half of Doggystyle was done in a week or two BY DR.DRE and if you dont call Doggystyle a perfect album then i dont know what you are talking about man...

All this shit started after the "Dr.Dre Presents The Aftermath" flop (well it sold platinum, but this nigga named Dre called it a flop) cuz it was after that Dre started to work in slow-mo.

The nigga is scared, scared that someone will tell him that he´s not No.1 nomore, he´s so fukkin scared!!!
Back in the death row days he produced more cuts a day than he took a piss goddamit....

He produced 2 PERFECT albums in a 3 year period (Doggystyle & The Chronic) so time has nothing to do with perfection, not when it comes to this nigga named Dre.

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Nemesis

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha Nemfather.
...!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 05:40:37 AM »
When the nigga makes the biggest Hip Hop albums ever, twice (Chronic and 2001). When he brings out the biggest selling Hip Hop Artist ever twice (Pac and Em, Dre had stuff to do in All Eyes on me) I'm sure he can take as much time as he wants to make sure he does better than before. Who cares how old they get? If anything, it's better than the 20 year old rapper who raps about 'Bling-Bling' and shit.

Rappers are like fine wines, best left till after dinner.

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: ...!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 06:08:27 AM »
When the nigga makes the biggest Hip Hop albums ever, twice (Chronic and 2001). When he brings out the biggest selling Hip Hop Artist ever twice (Pac and Em, Dre had stuff to do in All Eyes on me) I'm sure he can take as much time as he wants to make sure he does better than before. Who cares how old they get? If anything, it's better than the 20 year old rapper who raps about 'Bling-Bling' and shit.

So your saying Run-DMC got better Chuck-D etc. Not that they compare to Ra but with age come decline in anything that you do whether physical or mental. Rakim and Ice Cude are great rappers and Dre is a great producer but they are not immune to the affects of time. Lets not forget how long they have already been here. There comes a time when they will move on. Cube has acting but Rakim's entertainment career only lies in his music and I'm sure that rap is not his only interest. As a Rakim fanatic I want as much Ra that I can get so that means wasting no time trying to perfect perfection.

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: ...!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 06:15:13 AM »

Yeah, i feel you, but 3 years 4 an album by an artist that already is established in da game is too much time + i will go nuts if they dont release that shit before february.

Snoop was a new cat when Dre produced the second half of his album in a week, Rakim is a fukkin OG man...

Look at it this way, maybe the album is nothing but crap?? What will u muthafukkas be claiming then? That Dre didnt produce it? That Dre and Rah doesnt fit each other?? etc etc

When it take this long 4 an album to drop, people gets more and more excited and will not accept an average album.

Dre just fucks himself when he does shit this way, cuz people expect so much from him when he´s been in the studio 4 three years, feel me?

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Quikstar

• Lil Geezy
  • Westcoast/Hip Hop Pioneer
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 06:49:15 AM »

The second half of Doggystyle was done in a week or two BY DR.DRE and if you dont call Doggystyle a perfect album then i dont know what you are talking about man...

All this shit started after the "Dr.Dre Presents The Aftermath" flop (well it sold platinum, but this nigga named Dre called it a flop) cuz it was after that Dre started to work in slow-mo.
I agree!
The nigga is scared, scared that someone will tell him that he´s not No.1 nomore, he´s so fukkin scared!!!
Back in the death row days he produced more cuts a day than he took a piss goddamit....

He produced 2 PERFECT albums in a 3 year period (Doggystyle & The Chronic) so time has nothing to do with perfection, not when it comes to this nigga named Dre.

Peace

America's Most Complete Artist

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 06:54:01 AM »
I agree with you 100% Rob Dogg!!I couldn't of said it better,I always said that Dre was faster during the Death Row days.He's taking way to long with Rakim,I dont know when or if we will ever see that album.

DPGC2001

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2002, 08:04:22 AM »
Dre has always taken a lot of time to record albums...Suge was getting on his ass cause Dre was taking hella time with Doggystyle so he let other cats produce the whole 2nd half of Doggystyle and then he went back and perfected some tracks...I rather Dre take his time, when he does he produces classic shit like 2001, when he doesn't he produces garbage like the shit we've been hearing of late like on the Eminem Show...He's taking his time with Rakim and Detox so that's a good sign...

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2002, 08:24:27 AM »
Dre has always taken a lot of time to record albums...Suge was getting on his ass cause Dre was taking hella time with Doggystyle so he let other cats produce the whole 2nd half of Doggystyle and then he went back and perfected some tracks...

Are u really DPGC2001? Cuz u really sounds like Daz Dillinger...

Peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2002, 10:05:00 AM »
Apparently Dre's always taken his time, I don't know if you remember but around the time he left DR 2Pac did an interview and said that he felt Dre was a dope producer but he took far too long. Plus guys, it's not just Dre, it depends on the artist too, I mean back when Dre & Snoop were working on "Doggystyle" and "The Chronic" everyone was so hungry that they really were doing their best, it's really no suprise that they didn't take as long as some of the records Dre has worked on recently. I mean do you remember when Snoop said some of the songs on "Doggystyle" were 1 take freestyles, thats pretty impressive. You have to be willing and ready to work hard together to make something happen in a short period of time, don't just take this shit out on Dre.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2002, 10:31:55 AM »
Well if Dre stopped putting non AFTERMATH artists before his, then maybe we would see AFTERMATH release an album,

It makes me laugh when people call this the best rap label, just cos it has Dre on it, yeah they talented, but what have they released, they aint released many albums which aren't Dre or Em's

Am I right, well Dre needs to concentrate on his camp and more West Coast peeps, then worrying bout bein pop/r+b
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2002, 11:02:44 AM »
Well if Dre stopped putting non AFTERMATH artists before his, then maybe we would see AFTERMATH release an album,

It makes me laugh when people call this the best rap label, just cos it has Dre on it, yeah they talented, but what have they released, they aint released many albums which aren't Dre or Em's

Am I right, well Dre needs to concentrate on his camp and more West Coast peeps, then worrying bout bein pop/r+b

1- deathrow has released nothing but pure unfiltered SHIT since dre left not one good non pac album has came from that lable since 1995!

2- Aftermath records has relesed 3 albums that speak for themselfs and will be remembered for a long time

3-Dre is not Taco Bell or Mcdonald's he's not going to give you cheap product in under 30 seconds or less......he's going to give you quality product like a quality resturaunt and make you wait and snack on some bread until it's ready

4- it doesn't matter how old you get! you can be as old as Carlos Santana and still put out a great albums (hey it took him 3 years an album as well hey!) I'd rather see an older artist take his time creating a good album than an artist who rushes to put out material that's half assed and only satisfies the ignorant and dimwitted...period

5-rap albums inparticularly old rap albums took longer cuz they stole from other music by sampling therfore taking LESS time! it takes A LOT longer to put out original quality than it does reprocessed material
check it

here a time span of metallica albums

kill em all -1982
ride the lightning-1984

2 year difference

master of puppets-1986

2 year difference

and justice for all -1988 (almost 89')

almost 3 years

the black album -1991

3 and a half years

so as you see when your a younger artist your full of ideas and your creative juices are flowing on the drop of a dime so you are able to put out albums faster but as those ideas run out you need more and more time to reach inside yourself and pull out more and new ideas. now dre's been around for fuckin' 20 years now and has produced god knows how much great material.....it takes more time to make good product now ,becuase he's used so much of it already, but that just shows his genius . someone who's done so much is STILL doing it at his level .

now lets use metallica AGAIN to point out my other point at hand

the black album was a monsterous album and wore them out it took 3years to make and another 2 years of promoting.   so they took some time off (sound familiar) but instead of gradually easing their way back into the studio and taking their time to make ANOTHER classic album they rushed in the studio and made load , the fasted album they ever made to satisfy all the fans who demanded a metallica album NOW! (also does this sound familiar?) well load was nothing short of a disappointment and was half great and half sorry. and if they didn't learn from their first mistake they rushed REload. granted they took a little bit more time ( 1year) to make it  , it was still pretty much the same result a rushed half half album to satisfy demanding fans .....

now i ask you what would you rather choose for your favorite artists legacy? someone who USE to be great  and now rushes out material? or someone who IS great and takes his time to stay that way ?

Rakim rushed his last 2 albums and look what you got....crap,i'm  sure neither ra nor dre nor you want a third dose of that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 11:08:46 AM »
Rakim rushed his last 2 albums and look what you got....crap,i'm  sure neither ra nor dre nor you want a third dose of that

:o

First off The 18th Letter is an excellent album, The Master wasn't as good but still very dope nevertheless.

Secondly, rushed?
Don't Sweat The Technique came out in '92.
The 18th Letter came out in late '97.  Five years.  

And it's just about three years now since The Master.  That's not too long.