Author Topic: Dre is wasting time with the GOAT(s)  (Read 1049 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Dre is wasting time with the GOAT(s)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2002, 11:15:43 AM »

Secondly, rushed?
Don't Sweat The Technique came out in '92.
The 18th Letter came out in late '97.  Five years.  

And it's just about three years now since The Master.  That's not too long.  

you mean to tell me that Ra worked on the 18th letter for 5 years?? lol when he released that record i remember him saying he spent the last few months or so puttng together that album on rap city
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2002, 11:26:12 AM »

1- deathrow has released nothing but pure unfiltered SHIT since dre left not one good non pac album has came from that lable since 1995!

2- Aftermath records has relesed 3 albums that speak for themselfs and will be remembered for a long time

3-Dre is not Taco Bell or Mcdonald's he's not going to give you cheap product in under 30 seconds or less......he's going to give you quality product like a quality resturaunt and make you wait and snack on some bread until it's ready

4- it doesn't matter how old you get! you can be as old as Carlos Santana and still put out a great albums (hey it took him 3 years an album as well hey!) I'd rather see an older artist take his time creating a good album than an artist who rushes to put out material that's half assed and only satisfies the ignorant and dimwitted...period

5-rap albums inparticularly old rap albums took longer cuz they stole from other music by sampling therfore taking LESS time! it takes A LOT longer to put out original quality than it does reprocessed material
check it

here a time span of metallica albums

kill em all -1982
ride the lightning-1984

2 year difference

master of puppets-1986

2 year difference

and justice for all -1988 (almost 89')

almost 3 years

the black album -1991

3 and a half years

so as you see when your a younger artist your full of ideas and your creative juices are flowing on the drop of a dime so you are able to put out albums faster but as those ideas run out you need more and more time to reach inside yourself and pull out more and new ideas. now dre's been around for fuckin' 20 years now and has produced god knows how much great material.....it takes more time to make good product now ,becuase he's used so much of it already, but that just shows his genius . someone who's done so much is STILL doing it at his level .

now lets use metallica AGAIN to point out my other point at hand

the black album was a monsterous album and wore them out it took 3years to make and another 2 years of promoting.   so they took some time off (sound familiar) but instead of gradually easing their way back into the studio and taking their time to make ANOTHER classic album they rushed in the studio and made load , the fasted album they ever made to satisfy all the fans who demanded a metallica album NOW! (also does this sound familiar?) well load was nothing short of a disappointment and was half great and half sorry. and if they didn't learn from their first mistake they rushed REload. granted they took a little bit more time ( 1year) to make it  , it was still pretty much the same result a rushed half half album to satisfy demanding fans .....

now i ask you what would you rather choose for your favorite artists legacy? someone who USE to be great  and now rushes out material? or someone who IS great and takes his time to stay that way ?

Rakim rushed his last 2 albums and look what you got....crap,i'm  sure neither ra nor dre nor you want a third dose of that

Oh shit, that hurt, but in some ways your're right but "crap" albums I don't know about. On Rakim's bad day his still better than most, I will admit that those albums were not classics but they were liget. Production has always been suspect with Ra thats why he signed with Dre but lets not cover up the issue of TIME well spent. Dre has persuing other interest rather than consentrating on his artist. I'm sure Ra is not that busy niether was Hittman and all the others, so while we had to watch "The Wash" and here Dre beats on everybody elses albums TIME was quickly passing by for the artist that he signed just so that he could say he had them.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2002, 11:32:08 AM »

Oh shit, that hurt, but in some ways your're right but "crap" albums I don't know about. On Rakim's bad day his still better than most, I will admit that those albums were not classics but they were liget. Production has always been suspect with Ra thats why he signed with Dre but lets not cover up the issue of TIME well spent. Dre has persuing other interest rather than consentrating on his artist. I'm sure Ra is not that busy niether was Hittman and all the others, so while we had to watch "The Wash" and here Dre beats on everybody elses albums TIME was quickly passing by for the artist that he signed just so that he could say he had them.

you do relise the time you spoke of was granted by those artists themself and ra was planning out this album during that time writing rhymes and what not, and dre knew that hittman would't work so that's why he dropped out of that project

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2002, 11:47:44 AM »
GOAT's should stop wasting time wit dre...
hahahahahaha
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2002, 12:56:18 PM »
I agree that Dre takes too long to get albums out, if he gets them out at all...

anyone who doesnt think 18th Letter was dope.. well... ::)
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2002, 01:07:12 PM »
I agree that Dre takes too long to get albums out, if he gets them out at all...

anyone who doesnt think 18th Letter was dope.. well... ::)

the 18th letter was good but was what..

the godfather III is to the godfather
hanible is to the silence of the lambs
jurassic Park III is to Jurassic Park
what Rocky V is to Rocky

get the point

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 01:59:04 PM »

the 18th letter was good but was what..

the godfather III is to the godfather
jurassic Park III is to Jurassic Park
what Rocky V is to Rocky

get the point

Not really.

You said the album was crap.  It's no Paid In Full or Follow The Leader but I'd say it's excellent and the best album of '97.

And I know that he didn't work on The 18th Letter every day for 5 years but I'm sure he didn't sit on his ass for 4+ years then throw the album together.

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2002, 02:47:04 PM »
Really, if Dre takes that much time to release an album, he should be on 100% of the production.  Probably not the case though.

Dominator

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2002, 03:29:58 PM »
Some of you motherfuckers are hard to please..

what would you prefer ?

fewer, higher quality releases

or

rushed, but numerous albums churned out..

dre knows what he's fuckin' doin'..

when you start dropping album after album after album, you lose hype between those releases...

and it ain't like dre and ra are just sitting down doing nothing.. the motherfucker is busy... BOTH of them would be.

and i, for one, don't have a problem at all with dre doing cuts for people like eve, mary j .. or whoever he wants to work with.. he's makin' money.. and doing a fucking good job at it.

try and look at the situation as a whole..

i can just imagine the scenario of what would happen, if dre would say "..shit.. the fans think i'm taking too much time.. i need to drop this album NOW.." .. and he releases it..

and it's below your expectations.. or it's just lacking polish....

you would all be hating on dre "..dre's fallen off.."  etc. etc.

and then i'd LOVE to see the opinions change..

"..why did dre rush it.."

"..i thought dre was a perfectionist.."

"..he shoulda spent more time on it.."

i have faith in the good doctor.. and he very seldomly disappoints me..

so i'm happy.

Peace.
Dominator.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Red Dragon (Manhunter remake)
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2002, 04:00:04 PM »
Hannibal may not've been as good as SOTL (Silence of the Lambs), but it was still a dope movie!

By the way, who plans on seeing the Red Dragon remake (the SOTL prequel)? I'm definitely gonna see it, 'cause Anthony Hopkins is my favorite actor!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Red Dragon (Manhunter remake)
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2002, 05:16:09 PM »

Hannibal may not've been as good as SOTL (Silence of the Lambs), but it was still a dope movie!

By the way, who plans on seeing the Red Dragon remake (the SOTL prequel)? I'm definitely gonna see it, 'cause Anthony Hopkins is my favorite actor!

i know , all of those movies were good movies yo, hell the godfather III was even nominated for movie of the year at the oscars in 90/91 i'm just saying they're crap compared to the originals

the 18th letter was ok i'd give it a 3.5 , but come on you can tell it wasn't as focused and or rushed