Author Topic: 3 Reasons why Mase is going to sell out in stores.....  (Read 1004 times)

infinite59

3 Reasons why Mase is going to sell out in stores.....
« on: August 25, 2004, 06:40:01 PM »
1.  NOSTALGIA!  America is a nostolgic country.  American's love anything that reminds them of their past, when life was simpler, and everything made sense.  Men in this country will be 40 years old still going to a bar with old buddies from highschool and reminiscing about the day their football team won in the last seconds, and how they are still in love with their highschool sweet heart.  That's America.  These probably has something to do with American's being uncertain about their future, or an unwillingness to mature past adolescence, but I don't have time to get into that right now.  Anyway, Mase reminds people of the "good old days" when they were in highschool or whatever, so it's going to sell.

2.  It actually sounds good.  Even that hater from rapreviews had to admit that the album's production had him bobbing his head. 

3.  The whole Christian, pop music thing is really popular right now.  Gospel artists are growing in popularity every year, and hip-hop gospel has also been getting more publicity.  This probably has something to do with Christianity deviating so much from it's origional form (Jesus was just a man, a prophet, who prayed, worshipped and submitted to One God)... Christianity has deviated so much from it's origional form, and comprimised itself so much, that all the eccentric's and non-stop partying of American culture is now unmistakeably mixed with Christianity.  Infact there was a news special on the local news here, talking about how Christian groups were going out to Hooters resteraunt and getting waitresses involved in spreading the word about God to their customers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 06:42:19 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

Re: 3 Reasons why Mase is going to sell out in stores.....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
These probably has something to do with American's being uncertain about their future, or an unwillingness to mature past adolescence.

This is what I feel like everytime I click on one of your posts.

DAYUM

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 06:55:27 PM »
STFU u fucking hater ur just mad cuzz hes Christan bitch but if he was Muslim u would be all up on his nuts

*realizes he just stuck up for ma$e*

pappy

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 07:00:07 PM »
ignore infinite he's nuts

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 07:13:03 PM »
i love the infinite englewood beef

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 07:24:26 PM »
These probably has something to do with American's being uncertain about their future, or an unwillingness to mature past adolescence.

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 08:49:03 PM »

lmao

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 10:01:16 PM »
Remember, Infinite's hero is fuckin' CAT STEVENS.  LOL Think about that for a minute.  CAT FUCKING STEVENS.  The Hypocricy in his threads is at an unbelievable level.  He goes around worshipping Tupac Shakur, saying he was a prophet and he was going to make a religion? Or something revolving around him, and now he has the balls to talk shit about Mase being a Christian.  Brian, I feel sorry for your wife.  She's stuck with your ass. 

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 10:05:32 PM »
Remember, Infinite's hero is fuckin' CAT STEVENS.  LOL Think about that for a minute.  CAT FUCKING STEVENS.  The Hypocricy in his threads is at an unbelievable level.  He goes around worshipping Tupac Shakur, saying he was a prophet and he was going to make a religion? Or something revolving around him, and now he has the balls to talk shit about Mase being a Christian.  Brian, I feel sorry for your wife.  She's stuck with your ass. 
Whats wrong with Cat Stevens? The pre Yusef Islam stage was fucking GREAT.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 10:36:26 PM »

What's wrong with Cat Stevens?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 01:43:12 AM »
What's so bad about reminiscing?...Isn't that what taking pictures and making home videos is about as well? Is taking pictures evil?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 03:53:24 AM »
i still dont get the hype surrounding the Mase album... 8) :-\

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 03:56:08 AM »

What's wrong with Cat Stevens?

nothing.. but infniite wouldnt give 2 shits about him if he weren't a muslim.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 04:52:23 AM »
First of all, if you read my posts, I haven't said anything bad about Mase.  All that I have said is that the lifestyle of most Christians is no different than the lifestyle and attitudes of non-believers.  That Christianity has been comprimised and dilluted in this country.  His video to me still looked like it was celebrating materialism (cars, clothes) and sex (beautiful women dancing and singing, half dressed).

Secondly, I know Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) personally.  He was in my city about a year ago for an Islamic Society of North America confrence.  He's not my favorite musical artist or anything, but because I respect him so much, and because he is my brother in faith, I like listening to his music sometimes. 

I don't know what this has to do with Mase, because since becoming a Muslim, Yusuf Islam has stopped making secular music, and the only music he makes is praising Allah and teaching about the prophets, he doesn't even use wind or string instruments in his song since there is a reported Hadith where the Prophet spoke about his dislike for music that complements our base desires.  You should see a picture of him now, and read about his life and travels since becoming a Muslim.

Last of all, I don't have any beef with Englewood or anybody on this forum.  I would rather we all understood and enjoyed eachother.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 05:18:03 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 12:07:14 PM »
i still dont get the hype surrounding the Mase album... 8) :-\
Then you probably didn't listen to him back in 97, or you were already in your 20s by that time