Author Topic: Nearly 200 Arrested In Drug Sting In Compton  (Read 204 times)

mrtonguetwista

Nearly 200 Arrested In Drug Sting In Compton
« on: August 23, 2004, 08:41:01 PM »
LOS ANGELES -- An undercover operation in the Compton area resulted in 184 arrests and netted 35,000 tablets used in making methamphetamine, along with several pounds of meth, cocaine and heroin, authorities said Monday.

The six-month investigation, involving county and federal agencies, "focused on the numerous sources of supply that provided narcotics to gang members and other street-level dealers in Compton," Sheriff Lee Baca said.

Booked into evidence were 35,000 pseudoephedrine tablets and about 25 pounds of methamphetamine, officials said Monday.

Also seized were 41.5 pounds of marijuana, 4.2 pounds of heroin, 6.8 pounds of cocaine, six vehicles, 22 firearms and $87,287 in currency, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department reported.

The joint task force effort, started in February, involved the sheriff's department, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Attorney's Office and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

The arrests involved 140 alleged felonies, Baca said.

"Extensive surveillance and undercover operations resulted in the acquisition of substantial evidence," Baca said.

"Drug-related violent crime is a serious problem," Baca said. "All of us in the field of drug law enforcement are magnifying our resources -- united in the effort to combat drug trafficking and violent gangs in our communities."

In a time of shrinking budgets, he said, it behooves law enforcement agencies to cooperate. He said criminals can expect similar operations in the future.

"We will gut out these gangs -- gang members who think that they can deal in drugs, commit robberies, involve themselves in things that are counterproductive to the well-being of a neighborhood."

He said they have two options: "Either leave town or get arrested."

Trauma-san

Re: Nearly 200 Arrested In Drug Sting In Compton
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 08:58:36 PM »
Nothing more than a hiccup, the drugs will be back on the street by tommorow and somebody will be making just as much money as the other guys were.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 09:39:59 PM »
mannn, dats some shit..... im tellin U, the feds are everywhere. jus yesterday after the car show in my neighbourhood i seen a car wit 2 big ass fools wit binoculars n shit creeping around the block 3 times..... im like wtf.... krayzie shit.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

pappy

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 09:44:37 PM »
i remember when i was a kid an gotti was still free.  My dad used to hang out in this candy store b4 work an get his coffee an shit.  And every1 would kno he each an the feds would come in an act like there normal people from the neighborhood asking what people knew.  It was hilarious.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 10:23:20 PM »
so they arent getting charged, and trauma is so right about the fact that they didnt do much

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 10:24:45 PM »
It's a billion dollar business. It will never stop
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 03:30:27 AM »

they'll just make more for the same shit now... prices'll go up..

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 11:10:48 PM »
yeah that wasnt that big of a bust. i remember in like 2001, or early 20002, in LA they had a 10 ton pot bust, thats 20,000 pounds of weed, and they also found about a million in cash, and 100 kis of coke. shit was crazy, it was just in an empty house in the neighborhood. and the neighbors thought it was hella suspicious because it didnt really seem like someone was living there, it was just people coming and going, and staying for one night all night and not seeing them for a long time.. def some org crime shit.. i guess gangbangers cant really get to that level..

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 02:47:51 PM »
yeah that wasnt that big of a bust. i remember in like 2001, or early 20002, in LA they had a 10 ton pot bust, thats 20,000 pounds of weed, and they also found about a million in cash, and 100 kis of coke. shit was crazy, it was just in an empty house in the neighborhood. and the neighbors thought it was hella suspicious because it didnt really seem like someone was living there, it was just people coming and going, and staying for one night all night and not seeing them for a long time.. def some org crime shit.. i guess gangbangers cant really get to that level..

damnn i remember that one, shti was crazy