Author Topic: Top 5 Albums Of The Year So Far??  (Read 996 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Top 5 Albums Of The Year So Far??
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 02:45:06 AM »
1. Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
2. Murs - 3:16 9th Edition
3. The Roots - The Tipping Point
4. Cee-Lo Green Is The Soul Machine
5. Sabacolypse / College Dropout (they so different i don't wanna compare)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 03:23:19 AM »
Ill Bill & Sabac are the top 2.
a long hot summer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ill bill an sabac's album combine

LMAO...I bet you haven't even heard Ill Bill and Sabac's albums...
LMAO...... i bet you haven't even heard a long hot summer....... waits for nik to say yes i have N than i reply stfu ive heard ill bills album an the cycle continues lol.

What the hell do YOU know about Masta Ace? I own every Godamn Masta Ace album...Ill Bill's shit AND Sabac's shit are both better.

why do you always have to attack people or try an put them down.  Or question there knowledge or what they kno.  Why do you have to act like a know it all?  does it make you feel good?  Im goin to sleep now hopefully when im online again i come back to some decent answers instead of the usual your dads a farmer or some stupid come back.

How did I attack you? You said the Masta Ace album was better than Sabac and Ill Bill's combined, I said you probably haven't heard Sabac and Ill Bill albums...Then YOU attacked ME, so don't get it twisted...PeACe

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 03:30:29 AM »
^^to each his own i guess...

imo Masta Ace and Kanye West are the 2 best albums of the year, Murs, Mobb Deep and The Roots probably make up my top 5 (so far)...altho one of these will almost def. be gone once Talib Kweli releases The Beautiful Struggle

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 05:42:25 AM »
Cormega - Legal Hustle.
Kanye West - College Dropout.
Brand Nubian - Fire in the Hole.
Masta Ace - Long Hot Summer.
Erick Sermon - Chilltown New York.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 06:56:31 AM »
not in order

1. kanye - college dropout
2. royce - death is certain
3. mobb deep - amerkaz nightmare
4. the streets - a grand dont come for free
5. knocturnal - the way i am

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 08:40:50 AM »
1. Masta Ace- A Long Hot Summer ( this album has a dope feel to it)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 09:23:05 AM »

Erick Sermon - Chilltown New York.

i think ure pretty much the only person who really felt that one

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »
royce
twista
hi-c
d12
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 11:42:18 AM »
skinnyman - council estate of the mind
kanye west - college dropout
bad azz - executive descions
knocturnal - way i am
jadakiss - kiss of death

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
1 ) Royce da 5`9 - Death is certain
2 ) Masta Ace - A long hot summer
3 ) Ill bill - Whats wrong with Bill ?

4 and 5 ... I think 4 will go to Jedi mind tricks , and 5 a tie between the new royce album / the alchemist album

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 01:50:19 PM »

HONORABLE MENTION: Devin The Dude - To Tha X-Treme

- NIK only jocks those albums cause he's gotta stick by the jews
- I like the Erick Sermon album too, but it's not in my top five or even ten this year
- If you have Bad Azz, Jadakiss or Knoc-turn'al in your top five you should start listening to more albums
- Cormega's album was ruined by that female rapper
- 2004 is a great year
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 02:31:43 PM »
If you have Bad Azz, Jadakiss or Knoc-turn'al in your top five you should start listening to more albums

Well i guess that line is aimed at me. How the hell u gonna come up here and tell me to listen to more albums. This year i have probbaly bought 40-50 albums ranging from artists like talib kweli, raekwon, skinnyman (who u prob never heard of) ghostface, tragedy khadfi. jedi mind tricks, bad azz, knocturnal, jadakiss, lif flip royce da 5'9 etc.

I personally think it has been a poor year 4 hip hop with only 2 real descent albums released those been skinnymans and kanye wests.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 02:34:08 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »
It was directed at anyone who has any of those albums on thier lists because there are many albums that are better, the six I mentioned plus, The Roots, Pete Rock, Ghostface, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Brother Ali, Mobb Deep, Cee-Lo, The UN, Chief Kamachi and probably a couple others.  Either you haven't listened to those albums or you have a shitty opinion.

No, I've never heard of Skinnyman.

Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

pappy

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 02:59:30 PM »
oooo shit i forgot about ghostface,  that album was great.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 04:18:24 PM »
Masta Ace- A long hot summer
Royce Da 5'9''- Death is certain
Mobb Deep - Amerikaz nightmare
213 - Hard Way
Kanye West - College Dropout

Switch Ace and Royce, and that's my top 3 + #5.
Cormega - Legal Hustle @ #4 and Kanye @ #5.

I think maybe Alchemist, Nas or The Game might make this list soon..

Mine wasnt in order.. i was just saying the ones that i rememberd off the top of my head.