Author Topic: Top 5 Albums Of The Year So Far??  (Read 1012 times)

Jome

Re: Top 5 Albums Of The Year So Far??
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 09:23:07 PM »
Mine wasnt in order.. i was just saying the ones that i rememberd off the top of my head.

I guess I gotta put up my list again then..  ;D

1. Royce Da 5'9''- Death is certain
2. Masta Ace- A long hot summer
3. Mobb Deep - Amerikaz nightmare
4. Cormega - Legal Hustle
5. Kanye West - College Dropout

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2004, 03:50:33 AM »

- NIK only jocks those albums cause he's gotta stick by the jews

Not true at all...If that were the case, I'd be stickin' up for Beastie Boys and a bunch of other muthafuckaz too...I started listening to Non-Phixion and Necro before I even knew they were Jewish...And as you can see, a lot of people agree with me that it's one of the best of the year...So it's not like I'm just pulling some whack ass albums from this year out my ass, and claiming them to be the best...LOL

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 05:39:04 AM »
oooo shit i forgot about ghostface,  that album was great.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2004, 10:05:19 AM »
Masta Ace - Long Hot Summer
Kanye West - College Dropout
Murs and 9th Wonder - 3:16
Foreign Exchange - Connected

Five is kinda open, I think any of the albums from Kweli, Mos, De La Soul and Nas may make the five.

DAYUM

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 01:18:33 PM »

Not true at all...If that were the case, I'd be stickin' up for Beastie Boys and a bunch of other muthafuckaz too...I started listening to Non-Phixion and Necro before I even knew they were Jewish...And as you can see, a lot of people agree with me that it's one of the best of the year...So it's not like I'm just pulling some whack ass albums from this year out my ass, and claiming them to be the best...LOL

a bunch of other muthafuckas? i dont think there that many jewish rappers...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 05:44:16 AM »
It was directed at anyone who has any of those albums on thier lists because there are many albums that are better, the six I mentioned plus, The Roots, Pete Rock, Ghostface, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Brother Ali, Mobb Deep, Cee-Lo, The UN, Chief Kamachi and probably a couple others.  Either you haven't listened to those albums or you have a shitty opinion.

No, I've never heard of Skinnyman.

Oh yeah i forgot about, bunk, banks and ghostfaces album.

People need to get up on Skinnyman, he is a great talent.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 07:55:30 AM »
The Skinnyman album is heat!!

SGV

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2004, 09:27:08 AM »
1 Person said Ill Bill, aside from you NIK. 1 Person said Sabac, aside from you NIK. It doesn't look like the entire board is agreeing with you. But, as sure as Jome loves 50, we know NIK loves Necro. No suprise. I knew if he posted in here, those names would come up for sure. To each is own...

Kanye West - College Dropout <-------Safe to say, no album has touched it yet.

Murs - 3:16

Masta Ace - A Hot Long Summer

Outerspace - Blood And Ashes

Those four stand out the most. Right now it's hard to round out the 5, it's been a real good year. A lot of good albums. I also dug the Young Buck, Pitbull, Mobb Deep, Planet Asia, San Quinn, Messy Marv, Visionaries, 2Mex, Crime Mob, and a ton of other albums this year.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2004, 10:33:09 AM »
long hot summer
legal hustle
college dropout
pretty tony
tough love

i dont listen to that nerd rap shit.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 10:36:15 AM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jome

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2004, 10:55:54 AM »
But, as sure as Jome loves 50, we know NIK loves Necro. No suprise. I knew if he posted in here, those names would come up for sure. To each is own...

NAME OUT of your mouth, bitch.
Go stalk E-40 or something, I'm not famous.

SGV

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2004, 11:43:49 AM »
LOL @ E-40. How often do I bring his name up? Big fan, but not a dickrider. Unlike you with Dre and 50. P.S., don't ruin this thread with your jargon.

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 10:58:09 PM »
1. N.E.R.D. - Fly Or Die (Wasnt as good as In Search Of .. but was dope_
2. 213 - The Hard Way (Simply for the fac that i been anticipating this since i heard of snoop)
3. Kanye West - College Dropout (Great production but too many skits.. something fresh in hip hop)
4. Rahsaan Patterson - After Hours (Great neosoul music)

can think of anything else .. nerd was ahead by a mile imo

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2004, 02:45:14 AM »

1. devin- to tha xtreme ( dont make albums like this nomore, jus a breath of fresh air)
2.prince -musicology ( tha fonz still has it )
3.cee-lo - the soul machine ( would be number 2..but prince has senority..sugar lo shits on kanye's album..kuz kanye sounded like he was tryin 2 hard be a lyricist..yet cee- lo jus flowed like water with it)
4.ghostface- pretty tony ( didnt get let down on this..was what i expected)
5. method man- the prequel- ( was a better than what i expected..it was pure comedy)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2004, 02:21:37 AM »

a bunch of other muthafuckas? i dont think there that many jewish rappers...

Remedy
Blood of Abraham
Beastie Boys
Non-Phixion
Necro
Mr Hyde
Subliminal
Danny Hoch

Dude...there are a lot more that have slipped my mind...But I only really give a shit about the Uncle Howie Records crew...I like their music, and it's not like the albums I listed aren't contenders...Seriously, ask most heads, and they'll tell you how ill the Non-Phixion shit is...3 people listed Ill Bill, and 2 listed Sabac, so I can't be far off...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2004, 02:39:47 AM »

Dude...there are a lot more that have slipped my mind...But I only really give a shit about the Uncle Howie Records crew...I like their music, and it's not like the albums I listed aren't contenders...Seriously, ask most heads, and they'll tell you how ill the Non-Phixion shit is...3 people listed Ill Bill, and 2 listed Sabac, so I can't be far off...PeACe

You and Neap listed Ill Bill. You and Kill listed Sabac. Which means, it's 2 and 2. LOL. I don't think it's the general concensus that Ill Bill and Sabac dropped the best albums this year. You weren't exactly far off, but you weren't very close either. It's coo to dig those cats, fuck it, that's your taste. But, honestly, I really don't know many cats who dig them. And, I keep my ear to the Underground...

Masta Ace, Murs, Ghostface and Kanye so far seem to be the most popular picks in this thread. Rightfully so. Real dope albums.