Author Topic: Has Snoop & Dre Ever Dissapointed?  (Read 1432 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Has Snoop & Dre Ever Dissapointed?
« on: August 29, 2004, 05:03:20 PM »
I was thinkin back to some classic tracks that have both Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg on them, and I can't think of any tracks, that has both of them on it, where I've been disapointed. Has anyone else ever been disapointed with any tracks that they were both on?

Wild_Elmo

Re: Has Snoop & Dre Ever Dissapointed?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 05:25:05 PM »
the wash soundtrack

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 05:31:49 PM »
the wash soundtrack
I was anticipating someone to use that as an example, but I thought both tracks they did together were off the hook!

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 06:22:08 PM »
Nah, they brought the only heat to The Wash soundtrack. It should of been a Dre Snoop soundtrack but they fucked that opportunity up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 06:40:39 PM »
I cant think of a bad Snoop & Dre track, thats why its so FUCKED UP that they don't work together anymore. They bring the best out of each other. If they were smarter Snoop would be signed with Aftermath right now instead of Star Trak. Even the skits they've done together on albums are tight IMO. Snoop on Aftermath would do 4 things:

1) Get the rap industry/fans excited about a Snoop album again. Just as we were back in 92/93/94.

2) Help bring West Coast rap back.

3) Give the fans what they want, and what they deserve.

4) Send this forum into fuckin overload!!!!!!!!!!

But instead, we've got Eve and Busta on Aftermath and a Neptunes produced Snoop album thats probably gonna end up being rushed.

PS: 'Buck Em'  off NLTD is tight as hell and doesn't seem to get enough respect as a Snoop & Dre collab. The beat was on point and Snoops flow was crazy on that track.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 06:46:55 PM »
It's simple. They both got huge ass egos. Probably Snoop more so than Dre. Snoop just doesn't wanna be looked at like he relies on Dre to make hot shit. It's the same shit from off that skit on Tha Doggfather. Plus, Snoop gonna get his paper anyways because us dumbass fans got his back regardless of how many weak or mediocre albums he put out. Neither one of em are stupid, they know they are possibly the best duo in rap history.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 07:16:44 PM »
PS: 'Buck Em'  off NLTD is tight as hell and doesn't seem to get enough respect as a Snoop & Dre collab. The beat was on point and Snoops flow was crazy on that track.

I always thought that song was one of the best on the album.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 08:49:41 PM »
I was sayin this before, I have never heard a song with these two that was anything near wack. Even their worst songs together, like "Just dippin" are damn near classic songs. When they both rap on the same track it's a guaranteed banger. Maybe it is their egos...maybe they got the Shaq Kobe (before the breakup) thing goin on, but shit they are only losin if that's the case. Snoop sounds best when Dre produces because Dre doesn't let him talk any babble bullshit on it.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 08:56:29 PM »
Zoom zoom zoom I didn't like too much, but it's unreleased so it dosen't really count.

Everything else = FIRE

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 09:11:42 PM »
Zoom zoom zoom I didn't like too much, but it's unreleased so it dosen't really count.

Everything else = FIRE
Damn I'm actually feeling that Zoom Zoom (Got My Mind Made Up) track.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 09:48:22 PM »
They need to get back 2gether.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 09:51:02 PM »
I didn't really like Just Dippin', but it was alright because I believe it was the first time Dre acted 'gangsta' on a song since starting Aftermath. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 09:52:15 PM »
Nah, they brought the only heat to The Wash soundtrack. It should of been a Dre Snoop soundtrack but they fucked that opportunity up.

I heard somewhere that Dre had scheduled studio time for them to record more songs for it, but Snoop got caught up doing a movie, or it had something to do with 9/11 ? and couldn't make it to the studio, forever leaving us with only 2 songs on the soundtrack. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 09:58:14 PM »
It's simple. They both got huge ass egos. Probably Snoop more so than Dre. Snoop just doesn't wanna be looked at like he relies on Dre to make hot shit. It's the same shit from off that skit on Tha Doggfather. Plus, Snoop gonna get his paper anyways because us dumbass fans got his back regardless of how many weak or mediocre albums he put out. Neither one of em are stupid, they know they are possibly the best duo in rap history.

I think it comes down to 1 thing, really, it's a power trip.  Dre don't like to work with people that he can't tell what to do in the studio, because basically, what Dre hears in his head, usually sounds pretty fucking good.  So on the chronic and doggystyle, he was literally telling Snoop "sing it like this, say it like that".  Snoop don't like that shit, because Snoop is as big as Dre, career wise, now.  Snoop @ his peak was bigger than Dre was at HIS peak, because when Dre got big with the Chronic, everybody knew Snoop wrote it.  Of course Dre's had a more respectable career, but Snoop knows he's as big as Dre is in the world of rap, whether yall wanna admit it or not.  Snoop's also lazy as fuck, and knows if he freestyles some song, he can finish a track in 30 minutes over some beat somebody threw him, and it'll make as much money as if he spends 5 days on a song like he did on Doggystyle.  So he don't give a fuck.  If he's making millions a year making tracks in 30 minutes, and just freestyling verses, going back and double tracking some of it, why would he sit down and focus and spend a week doing a song like the old days? He ain't gonna do that.

Dre is, though.  Dre aint' gonna let any truly wack shit come out, so when he goes in the studio with Snoop, he's gonna spend 2 or 3 days on 1 fucking song until it sounds good. 

Snoop's ego is "I'm big enough I can make anything and people will buy it because I'm one of the greatest freestylers alive"

and Dre's ego is

"Everything I put out is going to be perfect or I'm not gonna put it out"

Remember, when Michael Jackson was making his album, Dr. Dre turned him down when Michael asked him to produce for him, because Dre said he thought Michael wouldn't listen to him in the studio or some shit.  Dre's on a power trip, but I can't really blame him because he generally knows what's gonna sound the best and sell the most. 

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 10:32:58 PM »
Remember, when Michael Jackson was making his album, Dr. Dre turned him down when Michael asked him to produce for him, because Dre said he thought Michael wouldn't listen to him in the studio or some shit.  Dre's on a power trip, but I can't really blame him because he generally knows what's gonna sound the best and sell the most. 

What the hell??? Thas crazy as hell.

Yesterday on the VMAs, Ludacris was talkin about when he jumped on the "Yeah" track with Usher and Lil Jon, and he was like "This is what happens when superstars work together" and that is probably the realest shit I ever heard him say. Seein how humongous of a track that was, because it was three big artists on it, these big headed mafuckers need to do the same.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:15:19 PM by R-Tistic.com »