Author Topic: Has Snoop & Dre Ever Dissapointed?  (Read 1421 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Has Snoop & Dre Ever Dissapointed?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 10:44:48 PM »
It's simple. They both got huge ass egos. Probably Snoop more so than Dre. Snoop just doesn't wanna be looked at like he relies on Dre to make hot shit. It's the same shit from off that skit on Tha Doggfather. Plus, Snoop gonna get his paper anyways because us dumbass fans got his back regardless of how many weak or mediocre albums he put out. Neither one of em are stupid, they know they are possibly the best duo in rap history.

I think it comes down to 1 thing, really, it's a power trip.  Dre don't like to work with people that he can't tell what to do in the studio, because basically, what Dre hears in his head, usually sounds pretty fucking good.  So on the chronic and doggystyle, he was literally telling Snoop "sing it like this, say it like that".  Snoop don't like that shit, because Snoop is as big as Dre, career wise, now.  Snoop @ his peak was bigger than Dre was at HIS peak, because when Dre got big with the Chronic, everybody knew Snoop wrote it.  Of course Dre's had a more respectable career, but Snoop knows he's as big as Dre is in the world of rap, whether yall wanna admit it or not.  Snoop's also lazy as fuck, and knows if he freestyles some song, he can finish a track in 30 minutes over some beat somebody threw him, and it'll make as much money as if he spends 5 days on a song like he did on Doggystyle.  So he don't give a fuck.  If he's making millions a year making tracks in 30 minutes, and just freestyling verses, going back and double tracking some of it, why would he sit down and focus and spend a week doing a song like the old days? He ain't gonna do that.

Dre is, though.  Dre aint' gonna let any truly wack shit come out, so when he goes in the studio with Snoop, he's gonna spend 2 or 3 days on 1 fucking song until it sounds good. 

Snoop's ego is "I'm big enough I can make anything and people will buy it because I'm one of the greatest freestylers alive"

and Dre's ego is

"Everything I put out is going to be perfect or I'm not gonna put it out"

Remember, when Michael Jackson was making his album, Dr. Dre turned him down when Michael asked him to produce for him, because Dre said he thought Michael wouldn't listen to him in the studio or some shit.  Dre's on a power trip, but I can't really blame him because he generally knows what's gonna sound the best and sell the most. 

Very true. Snoop's next album will be very important when it comes to his future as a major rap artist. If he fucks up, I hope he goes back home to Dre.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 03:31:14 AM »
i dont think we'll eva hear dre and snoop on a track again (actually thats fucked cus i heard westside story is bein released as a single feat snoop not 50) but no dre and snoop collabos.
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2004, 04:05:22 AM »
It's simple. They both got huge ass egos. Probably Snoop more so than Dre. Snoop just doesn't wanna be looked at like he relies on Dre to make hot shit. It's the same shit from off that skit on Tha Doggfather. Plus, Snoop gonna get his paper anyways because us dumbass fans got his back regardless of how many weak or mediocre albums he put out. Neither one of em are stupid, they know they are possibly the best duo in rap history.

Yea you know its kinda funny, they asked Snoop in one of those magazine interviews why Dre didnt do nothing for the 213 album and Snoop said "ask him that". they ask Warren why Dre didnt do nothing for the 213 album and Warren said "ask him that". I bet if you would ask Dre why he didnt do nothing for the 213 album Dre would say "ask them". its all about egos, they dont wanna be the one to make the first step and approach the other. I would bet my life that if one of them asked for a beat Dre wouldnt say no
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »
i also think that, as well as everything that you guys have said, pressure and expectations may have a lot to do with it. i mean, everything that Dre/Snoop have dropped together has been heat, theres bound to be a huge amount of pressure on them to continue that and release more shit as dope, but if the chemistry aint there, i would rather they didnt bother...kinda like the NWA reunion situation i guess... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2004, 05:09:14 AM »
I'd say Snoops got an ego but I wouldn't say its because he thinks hes too big to take direction. In interviews Snoop comes across very humble in regards to the superstars hes worked with, especially Dre. Back when P Diddy was in the running to produce Snoops next LP, I recall reading in an interview where Diddy was saying he went to Snoop wanting him to get Dre to produce Snoops album and Snoops attitude in the studio.

Heres a Diddy quote from the article, "His presence, his confidence onstage, in the studio ... he's just so special and his energy is so positive. If you know Snoop, he's really a comedian. I get motivated by people that help to make me better and enlighten me to stuff. Whenever we've worked in the studio, which is a couple of times, he's open to taking direction. He doesn't feel he's too big to take direction."

Since the Last Meal came out, Snoop has publicly stated he's getting/would like Dre to produce on his albums but its never happened. I remember a couple of years back when PTCTBTB was gonna be called Doggystyle 2 and Dre was meant to be producing the majority of it. Never happened though.

Its a sad state of affairs when Eve, Busta and Obie Trice can get Dre beats and Snoop and 213 can't.

Shit, I'd even be happy if they just put out a album with 50% new tracks and the rest filled with unreleased tracks they've done over the years like 'Doggystyle','G'z & Hoes' and "The Next Episode OG.' Dre must be sitting on some classic tracks/beats from back in the day. If any two artists can meet the expectations of a full collab album it'd be Dre and Snoop.

Okka

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2004, 08:02:02 AM »
PS: 'Buck Em'  off NLTD is tight as hell and doesn't seem to get enough respect as a Snoop & Dre collab. The beat was on point and Snoops flow was crazy on that track.

I always thought that song was one of the best on the album.

Yeah it was, ''Fuck Em'' had a tight beat and yeah SNoop's flow was crazy...The real name of the track is ''Fuck 'Em'' but it was on the back cover called ''Buck Em'' and ''Bitch Please'' was ''B Please'' and ''Down 4 My Niggaz'' was ''Down 4 My N's'', they censored the whole shit...

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2004, 08:12:52 AM »
PS: 'Buck Em'  off NLTD is tight as hell and doesn't seem to get enough respect as a Snoop & Dre collab. The beat was on point and Snoops flow was crazy on that track.

I always thought that song was one of the best on the album.

Yeah it was, ''Fuck Em'' had a tight beat and yeah SNoop's flow was crazy...The real name of the track is ''Fuck 'Em'' but it was on the back cover called ''Buck Em'' and ''Bitch Please'' was ''B Please'' and ''Down 4 My Niggaz'' was ''Down 4 My N's'', they censored the whole shit...

Are you sure bro? Cuz I could've sworn the real track name is "Buck Em", obviously talking about shooting peeps up, which is basically what the whole track is implying?

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »
the tracks on the wash soundtrack were juss terriible

Woodrow

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2004, 01:01:37 PM »

1-800-miracle-ear

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2004, 06:54:08 PM »
Yeah I think it boils down to ego's.  I hope one of them swallows their pride and they start doing music again.  This bullshit needs tostop.  I mean really they are IMO the best rapper /  producer duo ever. (guru and primo #2). But as long as people keep supporting Snoop, then he'll continue to go this bullshit route. 

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2004, 07:16:03 PM »

1-800-miracle-ear

lol...

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2004, 08:25:16 PM »
hhaahaha o shit

Bomb-A®

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2004, 11:09:58 AM »
on the blvd is the weakest dre/snoop track. maybe bcoz dre didnt produce it. but its still a cool track.

peace

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2004, 11:28:46 AM »
everyone is just guessing.. yall dont know shit.. and neither do i...

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
on the blvd is the weakest dre/snoop track. maybe bcoz dre didnt produce it. but its still a cool track.

peace

I thought that wasn't a bad track, wasn't the song I listened to the most between them but its good