Author Topic: Eminem's Album Release Date!!!  (Read 1512 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem's Album Release Date!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2004, 11:26:49 AM »
Well vh1 has a show called Ultimate Albums and it had one episode based entirely around the MMLP. Whether any of you care for the opinions of vh1 is irrelevent. The fact remains that a national cable channel has dubbed it a classic and it is considred by at least the 17 million people that bought it world wide a classic. I'm not talking about the underground rap scene that hails shit albums from Canibus as classics. I'm talking about publications like Rollingstone magazine. So what if they're white guys writing the reviews? Eminem's white, and I bet so are most of the people on this forum.

What I think of the album is irrelevent, and classic is a subjective term, but when it's all said and done 50 years from now I believe Eminem will at least be remebered, and rembered for contraversial lyrics and classic albums. Personally I don't play it much anymore, but I also haven't listened to Doggiestyle or Chronic in literally years.

Personally I feel both of the previous two Eminem albums were better than Ready To Die, Me Agaist the World, Hell On Earth, 36 Chambers, and 2001. Those albums are considred by many to be classics. However, once again my opinion is meaningless. All I was trying to imply is that I believe (because I haven't tried it) if you were to go to a music store and ask if they considered MMLP or Eminem Show classics, that the majority would say yes.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2004, 11:53:48 AM »
Well vh1 has a show called Ultimate Albums and it had one episode based entirely around the MMLP. Whether any of you care for the opinions of vh1 is irrelevent. The fact remains that a national cable channel has dubbed it a classic and it is considred by at least the 17 million people that bought it world wide a classic. I'm not talking about the underground rap scene that hails shit albums from Canibus as classics. I'm talking about publications like Rollingstone magazine. So what if they're white guys writing the reviews? Eminem's white, and I bet so are most of the people on this forum.
vh1's opinion doesnt count.. they have probably never heard 80% of rap's REAL classics... like illmatic, 36 chambers, etc. that goes for all those rollingstones guys too

Personally I feel both of the previous two Eminem albums were better than Ready To Die, Me Agaist the World, Hell On Earth, 36 Chambers, and 2001.
:o

All I was trying to imply is that I believe (because I haven't tried it) if you were to go to a music store and ask if they considered MMLP or Eminem Show classics, that the majority would say yes.
no.. were do u get that number, if u go to a hip hop record store, were people acutally know their rap and hip hop.. they will say eminem's album is good, but not a classic...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2004, 12:25:01 PM »
Yeah but any hard core fan of music hates on successess. Go to a hard core Rock and Roll fan from the 70s and early 80s and ask them about Michael Jackson. They'll tell you he sucks, and sucks huge. Michael Jackson is rock n roll.

It isn't the thing to do to say Eminem makes classics. To be honest most hip hop artists hardly know what an album is. Go to some undergrong hip hop store and tell them Snoop's Doggiestyle better than anything by Common, or Mos Def, and they'll probably denounce DG as nothing more than an easy listen. Rollingstone magazine is a group of very knowledgable music fans. Some times politics come into play, but they do know what they're talking about.

I don't care if you think vh1 counts or not. The bottom line is it's the albums that break away from the hard core audience and make it big that become classics. Ask any hard core Wrestling fan how good a wrestler Hulk Hogan was in his prime and they'll tell you he was shit, but any wrestling journalist has to place him in the top 5 because of his impact, and impact adds to the term classic.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2004, 02:52:34 PM »
eminem will never make a classic album. sslp will always be his best.

He'll never make a classic album to you, but to the general music public MMLP and Eminem Show are both considred classics. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not a classic. I don't care much for Thriller, outside of a couple singles, but I would never deny that it's a classic.

bullshit, mmlp was his closest to a classic in most cats eyes.........eminem show was never considered anywhere near a classic......if u talkin about general people like 14 yr old white kids on some nice clean street then maybe, but where it counts in hiphop.......its a known fact eminem aint hit a classic yet..........all three albums got props.......but eminem show was considered kinda weak..........which i agree, within hiphop he got more props for the 8mile cd than for his 3rd solo......and i can see why.............and smartcat is on point.....eminem to date has not made a cd which niggaz within hiphop ranks would consider classic.......tho sslp got some fire and mmlp was pretty sick all the way......eminem show was annoying more than anything after mmlp....
pz

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2004, 02:56:09 PM »
Whether Personally I feel both of the previous two Eminem albums were better than Ready To Die, Me Agaist the World, Hell On Earth, 36 Chambers, and 2001. Those albums are considred by many to be classics.

^^these eminem groupies need to go.......man whether u dig the album more than those is one thing but to claim its better its both a groupie statement and bullshit........

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2004, 04:59:13 PM »
Whether Personally I feel both of the previous two Eminem albums were better than Ready To Die, Me Agaist the World, Hell On Earth, 36 Chambers, and 2001. Those albums are considred by many to be classics.

^^these eminem groupies need to go.......man whether u dig the album more than those is one thing but to claim its better its both a groupie statement and bullshit........

I'm no Eminem groupie. I don't even like hip hop too much anymore. Also, I never said that MMLP or Show were better than the above albums, I said I felt they were better, meaning I liked them better. I can justfully say that. Just like you probably feel Nas or Biggie are better than Bob Dylan, but to say eithe's lyrics are anywhere near the calibre or significance of Dylan's lyrics just plain stupid, and stupid is what I would call you. However if you said that you felt Nas more than Dylan, then I cannot dispiute that.

As for the Eminem Show, I'm talking about the Rock N Roll community (hip hop is part of Rock n Roll), not 14 year old white kids, but 25-40 men, who's race is irrelevent. Of course if the only music you listen to seriously is rap then you wouldn't understand.

The Watcher

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2004, 05:18:45 PM »
eminem will never make a classic album. sslp will always be his best.

He'll never make a classic album to you, but to the general music public MMLP and Eminem Show are both considred classics. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not a classic. I don't care much for Thriller, outside of a couple singles, but I would never deny that it's a classic.
why you coppin pleas for em? when did i ever say that i didnt like those albums?...and who is this "general music public"? provide some sources, cause like jay said "we don't believe you, you need more people" a classic must have replay value...what eminem album do you still play? if you consider eminem albums personal classics, thats fine by me, but i honestly dont see how any of them could be considered classics. that word gets thrown around on here way too much. theres probably only about 20-30 real classic rap albums.

SSLP is his best album. If any album is considered a classic of his, its that
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2004, 05:36:53 PM »
Dun really care much for Eminem, but I wouldn't mind hearing some new shit from him.

lmfaaaao@ shitty first singles. Yeah man, whassup w/ all the cartoon rap singles?

Dunno about Eminem putting out classic material, but yeah, if anything, I'd consider his first being a classic album.

HIP HOP isn't Rock 'N' Roll. WTF. We're juss talking about RAP (MCing) in here, nothing about Graph, Djing or Breaking mentioned by any1. HIP HOP is a culture.

Why the fuck are u comparing Nas to Bob Dylan? U can't compare the 2 man. This is a rap forum, get yer Rock N Roll bs outta here man! 2 different genre's, 2 completely different artists.

PS. Michael Jackson has never been Rock 'N' Roll, if he was considered RNR back in the day (WTF), thas prolly bcoz the term POP wasn't invented.

Montana00

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2004, 05:51:59 PM »
while i dont like eminems "Poppy singles" i actually think there a brilliant idea.

Think to yourself about all of his poppy singles, My name is, without me, and the real slim shady. I know the lyrics to these songs back to front, because there so fucking over played.

But thats the brilliance. These songs get overplayed so dam much that everyone knows his new album is coming out.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2004, 07:32:02 AM »

HIP HOP isn't Rock 'N' Roll. WTF. We're juss talking about RAP (MCing) in here, nothing about Graph, Djing or Breaking mentioned by any1. HIP HOP is a culture.

Yes it is. Every apsect of Rock and Roll has it traits that make it a "culture". Punk, Metal, Folk Rock, Psychodelic, Rockabilly,or Rhythm and Blues, Hip Hop is no different, and Chuck D knew this. Whether it be the fashion, the types of drugs or alcohol, the types of instruments they played, the style of dancig that went with them, they all had these aspects that were very different from each other and made them a "culture".

Why the fuck are u comparing Nas to Bob Dylan? U can't compare the 2 man. This is a rap forum, get yer Rock N Roll bs outta here man! 2 different genre's, 2 completely different artists.

First of all this is the Outbound forum so I can talk about Dylan with out breaking any guidelines. Second, I can compare Nas and Dylan as far as lyrics are concerened. Explain to me why I can't and what makes them completely different lyrically.

PS. Michael Jackson has never been Rock 'N' Roll, if he was considered RNR back in the day (WTF), thas prolly bcoz the term POP wasn't invented.

Pop isn't a genre it's a status. It only means you're popular. The billboard pop charts have been around for very long time. If the Beatles are Rock and MJ sure as hell is.

P.S. The term King of Pop was created by Jackson himself (what a loser). It wasn't dubbed upon him. I guess he just knew he couldn't surpass Elvis in the public eye, so he pseudo created his own genre and proclaimed to be the King of that.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:56 AM »
Some people in this thread are straight up trippin, thinkin Eminem ain't dope. None of his albums have disappointed, at least not me. I do think that his latest was his weakest in the long run, it played out. He was still a lyrical animal on that one though, it's just the beats that got tiring I guess. But at least I still bump the rest of his shit, plus the dopest Eminem Show cuts. (You can't say Business wasn't dope as fuck.) SSLP, MMLP - they're classic in my opinion.

eS El Duque

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2004, 05:26:01 PM »
Im thinking SSLP should be at least be considered a classic

Becuase his single was something NEW (even though he's done the same thing 3 times now), even though it could be considered pop but, when I first heard it I was impressed becuase it was something most other rappers wern't doing (wasn't a flashy video showing off bling), nice concept, introducing himself to the world.

SSLP, MMLP - they're classic in my opinion.

^^

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2004, 03:14:30 PM »
man we aint talkiin about rock n roll clowns in here, we talkin about hiphop heads....not linkin park and shit.....i like emiinem and i like nas.........but why the fuck u gon comapre him to bob dylan.......cvh1 dont mean shit nor duz rock clowns, we talkin about hiphop heads and what albums is considered classic by hiphopheads......man aintn no manz gon give a fuck about whether some clwon who dont know shit about proper hiphop claim eminem made 3 classics.........within hiphop headquarters........eminem has yet to hit a classic.......its a known fact.......dre got it, snoop got it, nas got it....not eminem......aint nobody sayin he aint dope..........but he aint made a classic yet and thats straight.....

pz

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2004, 03:18:56 PM »
Im thinking SSLP should be at least be considered a classic

Becuase his single was something NEW

^^

somethign new?........dre duz something like this with all his cats........eminems was  mo pop than the rest but snoop did pretty much the same thang

pz

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2004, 05:21:01 PM »
man we aint talkiin about rock n roll clowns in here, we talkin about hiphop heads....not linkin park and shit.....i like emiinem and i like nas.........but why the fuck u gon comapre him to bob dylan.......cvh1 dont mean shit nor duz rock clowns, we talkin about hiphop heads and what albums is considered classic by hiphopheads......man aintn no manz gon give a fuck about whether some clwon who dont know shit about proper hiphop claim eminem made 3 classics.........within hiphop headquarters........eminem has yet to hit a classic.......its a known fact.......dre got it, snoop got it, nas got it....not eminem......aint nobody sayin he aint dope..........but he aint made a classic yet and thats straight.....

pz

What exaclty defines a hip hop head? Who gives a shit what a bunch of losers with back packs and too much time on their hands, who only listen to one type of music, think? Like I said the general public thinks it's a classic and that matters more than some goofball hardcore fan. Like I said about MJ. Most hardcore music fans think he's a joke, and his album sucked, but the general public thinks it's a classic, so it is. There is no facts, it's all opinions. "It's a known fact". What the fuck are you talking about? Here's a known fact; the grass is green in spring. There is no facts when it comes to the quality of music.

In my opinion all of the Eminem albums were good but none were classics. In fact I don't consider any hip hop album ever to be anywhere near a classic. Pink Floyd's the Wall, and Dark Side of the Moon, the Beatles Revolver and Sgt. Peppers, Led Zeppelin 1 through 4, Springsteen's Born To Run, the Beach Boy's Pet Sounds, Bob Dylan's Highway 61: These are classics. Hip Hop is a joke compared to this.

As for Dylan vs Nas lyrically. How about you give me one valid reason why I can't compare them?