Author Topic: Wu Tang Clan-Enter The Wu  (Read 483 times)

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
Wu Tang Clan-Enter The Wu
« on: September 01, 2004, 08:17:28 AM »
I got this album yesterday and after reading a few reviews was expecting something really special with the beats on it-I kept hearing how dark it was but I gotta say I'm not too impressed-wu tang are good on it but It sounds pretty dated which is not suprising seeing as its 10 years old-Will it grow on me? To me it sounds a bit like Amerikkkas Most Wanted-I dont really like the music on that and Ive had it for 5 years and its never grown on me.. I do like dark beats but im just not feeling this..So is this just a first impresson and the more i listen to it,the more ill like it?

Don Seer

Re: Wu Tang Clan-Enter The Wu
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 08:37:16 AM »
i hadnt bumped it for a long time till early this year.. its a real rough sounding album...
it sounded great in its day.. and there are a few that still sound awesome in a club..

give it a chance i guess.. i loved it when it came out coz it really was fresh and raw then..

looking back now, i love the stuff like CREAM and Can It Be All So Simple

i quite like a lot of tracks on the 'Forever' album which got hated on big time

production was a lost more refined on that...

oddly.. the other Wu 'must have' is raekwons cuban linx album but i dont feel a lot of that one
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 08:40:29 AM by Overseer »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 08:50:46 AM »
I can almost replicate the CREAM beat in 5 minutes. Its a jacked sample with some filters looped.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 08:55:39 AM »
yeah it sounds raw alright, maybe its just because im a bit late on hearing it- if i heard it 5 or 6 years ago i might have a different opinion- maybe cause i was expecting something special- nearly every review of the album is 5/5,classic ect..i was thinking of exchanging it for Forever cause i have heard a few songs on that and it does sound a bit more refined like you said,but that seemed to get a lot of mixed reactions about being a lot of filler on it which is always the problem with double albums.. maybe cause it didnt sound like Enter The Wu people didnt warm to it as quickly..I really wanna get into this album-i guess ill probably give it another few listens before i do anything

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 11:07:07 AM »
Yeah its really good but at first I wasnt feeling it, cause I was so used to newer stuff that sounds different, but after you keep listening and getting into it it sounds way way better.. classic stuff

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »
u know originally i thought similar things about ready to die.. then it grew on me.. keep it around and play it sometimes :)

ps.. why trade? buy both  :D  .. ok i'mma klepto... if i have one album from a artist i have to have em all.. lol
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:18:48 AM by Overseer »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:58:40 PM »
u know originally i thought similar things about ready to die.. then it grew on me.. keep it around and play it sometimes :)

ps.. why trade? buy both  :D  .. ok i'mma klepto... if i have one album from a artist i have to have em all.. lol

I actually listened to Ready To Die for the first time in ages yesterday, and I forgot just how raw it was, had my head nodding frantically from start til end. I love it when you rediscover albums you haven't listened to in ages.

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 02:15:45 PM »
both 36 chambers and ready to die are dope albums.  outdated or not, they are classics which most people can agree on. too bad none of their later albums were close to as good as these. peace.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 03:09:21 PM »
Word. It is very rough sounding. It's some raw explicit shit, so ya gotta love it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 05:51:06 PM »
LOVE THIS ALBUM... so raw.. so grimey.. i love the production.. love the lyrics... cream... god... i can just listen to that instrumental.. and get lost in it... this cd is hot as shit.. i love every track

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 06:14:08 PM »
Great album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »
CLASSIC IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU HIP HOP PASS WILL BE REVOLKED.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 09:31:46 PM »

can it be all so simple.. is 1 of my favorite songs of all time.. rza showed his naked ass on the entire cd.....i hit up columbia house and bmg all the time 4 this cd..had like 10 of them hoes... and u-god still wasnt shit...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 05:03:55 AM »
CLASSIC IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU HIP HOP PASS WILL BE REVOLKED.

word ;D

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 05:00:50 AM »
best album ever from the east imo