Author Topic: 213 Petition for Warren G To remix the album  (Read 1514 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
213 Petition for Warren G To remix the album
« on: August 31, 2004, 03:40:20 PM »
Ok so Engelwood and I were talking today about how cool it would be if Warren G did a remix album for the new 213 and we wrote this petition up. No idea if this will have any impact, but I guess it wont hurt to try, its better than just wait and complain. If you agree please sign the petition

The recent release of the highly anticipated 213 album was hailed by many to be the return of West Coast rap to the mainstream. The album was enthusiastically received by fans debuting Number One in the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and Number Four in The Billboard 200.

The major problem the undersigned had with 213, The Hard Way was that Warren G did not produce one single track on the album. Having waited for nearly 10 years for this album, the undersigned find this unacceptable. 

With the recent release of the superb Groupie Luv G-Funk Grown Up Remix produced by Warren G, and the numerous other classic 213 tracks Warren G has produced in the past, the undersigned were angered even more that Warren G did not produce a single track for the album.

The undersigned wish to communicate to TVT Records, Warren G, Snoop Dogg, and Nate Dogg the following:

1.) We appreciate the effort that went into the making of the new album 213, The Hard Way.
2.) We feel that Warren G should have produced at least one track for the album.
3.) We strongly urge Warren G to take into consideration a remix project for the 213 album where he would remix the entire album.

With the recent popularity of remix projects such as Jay-Z’s The Black Album, and Nas’ God’s son, the undersigned feel that a remix of 213, The Hard Way produced entirely by Warren G would be very popular and a wonderful gesture to life long 213 fans. This remix project could be released on a nationwide scale, or sold on Warren G’s web site and numerous other online retailers. Once again, the undersigned wish to thank 213 for releasing the album and strongly urge Warren G to take into consideration a remix project for the 213 album.

Sincerely,
the undersigned

Click here to sign it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/213remix
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:49:11 PM by l i l j a y »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
Re: 213 Petition for Warren G To remix the album
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 03:43:46 PM »
Got my vote

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 04:00:11 PM »
I dun really care for a remix album, what I really wanted was for WarrenG to have some songs on there, if not all. I'll sign the petition nonetheless.

KEEP IT WC!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 04:06:26 PM »
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 04:15:32 PM »
Back to the subject, sign below!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 05:05:27 PM by l i l j a y »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 04:23:07 PM »
Warren G is a muthafuckin' awesome producer... In fact, I'm one of his biggest fans...I guess the rapping was cool on this album, but some of the beats were straight whack...Overall it was decent, I guess, but not a real 213 album...I WANT 213 PRODUCED BY WARREN G...This is a good idea you came up with, Jay...Warren G should remix the album front to back, and re-release it nationwide...I don't own a copy of the original, I have it burned, but best believe that if Warren produces a remix album, I'll be first in line to buy it...Same with a lot of people I know...Remix the fuckin thing, Warren...Either that, or re-do the album with 80% or more Warren production...PeACe
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 06:22:11 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 04:29:03 PM »
Also, most likely we won't get a NEW 213 album produced by Warren G, so this is way better than nothing for me...PeACe
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 06:23:12 PM by Now_I_Know »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 04:32:34 PM »
lol at 13 signatures... i signed it... this needs to be released, im sure MANY fans feel this way

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 04:33:22 PM »
we wanna keep this thread positive...PeACe

Thanks SOOOOOOO Much for posting that

Please let us know if you CAN'T Sign the petition. (You try to and you sig dosen't show up) We Were having some technical problems earlier...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 04:43:41 PM »
lol at 13 signatures...

we just started an hour ago......if everybody's making fun of it instead of signing it it wont happen. but we'll get some signatures dont worry
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 04:45:51 PM »
Anyways, I signed it, and it got erased, so I signed it again.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 04:51:37 PM »
im not laughing at this.. i think its a great idea

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004, 04:51:52 PM »
NIK and white boy, Did you type a big message the first time you tried to submit it? Do you remember what you put down for the email option?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 05:04:53 PM by Woodrow »

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 04:53:58 PM »
20. Your Daddy kurupt What up G make a mix so freestyle to your beats 
19. Mehdi Ghazi He needs to produce at least one of them.
18. Sccit I dunno why my signature was removed, but I just want this to happen more than anything in the world.
17. Javier   
16. Roccy hell ya man i hate 213 without phat warren beats
15. Natalie Warren G is my favorite.
14. Tom Warren G needs to do this.
13. White_Boy east coast is better
12. Salamaar Warren G producing 213 in its entirity? This would certainly be a good thing.
11. Bones I would definitely support this project 
10. Reggie Gonzalez   
9. Patrick Keep it WC!
8. Sebastien Blanchette REMIX!
7. sYo :D great idea.... best yet for this cd...
6. Mark Falzano Warren is da shizzle
5. Nima www.dubcnn.com I definitely agree with this. Many fans have been waiting for a 213 album for long years. And 213 is Snoop the rapper, Nate the singer and Warren the producer. And as grateful as we are to even get a 213 record, it just is not a real 213 album without a single Warren G produced song on it! So I totally support this petition and urge everybody else to do the same.
4. Eric M Warren G should produce this album
3. Lucien de Vos   
2. Oscar Salgado I agree we need a Warren G Produced . VERY UNFAIR
1. Eric Engelwood A Warren G Remix album would be FRESH!

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »
i put my sig. down,  ;D