Author Topic: It's official: Em & Rakim are the best MCs ever  (Read 2824 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: It's official: Em & Rakim are the best MCs eve
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2002, 01:45:44 PM »
No.

LOL @ no one knowing Snoop Dogg or Ice Cube. If you were listening to hip hop back in '92/'93 you would definitely know that Snoop Dogg was just as big as Eminem is now. Take into consideration that hip hop wasn't as popular then as it is now. No one knows Ice Cube? LOL! Eminem is great and is qualified to be considered a G.O.A.T. but the best ever? LOL!

i agree wit everythin u just said except for the fact that eminem is considered qualified to be one of the goats? i dont' think so. He never will be qualified unless he can stay consistently popular in the rap game and not fade away 5 years from now like other rappers like snoop and cube.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2002, 01:50:02 PM »

umm actually not really. i wuz watchin mtv diary on snoop and they said snoop has sold 24 million so yeah thas more then eminems 16 million.

Where did that 24 come from? Must have been worldwide sales or they must have included The Chronic, both Eastsidaz, Doggy All-Stars, and everything else he was on...etc.

Cause there is no way he sold 24 on his solo album in the U.S.  

He has five (six if you count DMW) I'll be very nice and give him 8 for Doggystyle and he didn't sell 4 a piece for the last four albums which would give him 24.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2002, 02:09:50 PM »

i agree wit everythin u just said except for the fact that eminem is considered qualified to be one of the goats? i dont' think so. He never will be qualified unless he can stay consistently popular in the rap game and not fade away 5 years from now like other rappers like snoop and cube.

I don't think longevity plays that much of an important role because many G.O.A.T.'s have came and went quickly like Kane and Biggie but are considered the best because the amount of impact and influence they had on hip hop in that short period of time. I think it has to do more with:
1. Skills - Eminem has this without a doubt.
2. Albums - No classics yet but a pretty consistent discography and definitely has the potential to create a classic.
3. Impact - Can't deny his impact in bringing respect back to the white M.C. and the new "trend" of signing white M.C.'s
4. Subject Matter - He can write classic songs with great subject matter but that is rare. "Lose Yourself" is an example of a creative approach to writing a song.

Luuurrk

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2002, 02:10:28 PM »

what da fuck are you talkin bout ???

" those dudes " ???
you're talkin bout OG ICE CUBE !!!
show some respect and get yo fuckin ass outta here

I don't need a teenager to tell me what do. Stop ranting.

Luuurrk

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2002, 02:12:39 PM »

That doesnt mean a fuckin thing. Fame aint got shit on talent.

it does. If you're good people pay attention to your stuff.

Luuurrk

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2002, 02:19:00 PM »
No.

LOL @ no one knowing Snoop Dogg or Ice Cube. If you were listening to hip hop back in '92/'93 you would definitely know that Snoop Dogg was just as big as Eminem is now. Take into consideration that hip hop wasn't as popular then as it is now. No one knows Ice Cube? LOL! Eminem is great and is qualified to be considered a G.O.A.T. but the best ever? LOL!

Compared to Em they are "unknown". Em transcended the genre of hiphop. That's just what made him so big. It's far too easy to ascribe his success to his skin colour. He is a damn good MC.
Btw, I don't think Dresta, Spice 1 are that versatile.... they got their subject matter and wouldn't be able to change it. Em can change his subject matter - whenever and wherever he wants to. He's a both a good storyteller and battle MC.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2002, 02:26:58 PM »

Compared to Em they are "unknown". Em transcended the genre of hiphop. That's just what made him so big. It's far too easy to ascribe his success to his skin colour. He is a damn good MC.

ROTFLMAO! Please take a time machine back to '92/'93 and see the impact Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg had on bringing in more white people in the suburbs into hip hop. They were the first to bring most of the people on this board into hip hop. Please don't be blind and understand that if Eminem wasn't white these little white girls and hard rockers wouldn't give two fucks about him. Even he understands that so why can't you? Being an ill M.C. has shit all to do with being successful in hip hop. The rappers selling the most records are usually garbage for example Ja Rule, Nelly, Big Tymers, etc. Rakim, KRS, Kane, Chuck D, Slick Rick, Kool G Rap and many other GREATS have not gone multiplatinum in their life and they are the illest that hip hop has to offer so don't give me this BULLSHIT that Eminem sells most of his records and gets over-exposure because he's an ill M.C.

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2002, 02:38:33 PM »
Eminem is nothing more than a watered down Chino XL.

Chino would rip Em a new ass in all categories....

And i don't care if im the only one who thinks this but Both of Chino's albums are better than all 3 of eminems.

:)

JAE

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2002, 02:44:20 PM »

it does. If you're good people pay attention to your stuff.

No one pays attention to Dresta, Knoccout, Ice Cube, Spice 1, Celly Cel ? Hmmm thats funny since Celly Cel and Spice 1 are 2 of my fav rappers ever. You just made the biggest idiot of yourself. People pay attention to these guys. I couldnt give a fuck about eminem compared to these guys. I pay attention to them.

Oh yeah and you said If they good people will pay attention. You sayin Dresta, Knoccout, Ice Cube, Spice 1, Celly Cel arent good? If so then keep your damn account deleted,=.

One more thing. Juice would and HAS ripped the fuckin shit out of eminem. Why is em the "legand"? Cause Juice is unsigned. EMinem is famous.

Luuurrk

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2002, 02:53:47 PM »

ROTFLMAO! Please take a time machine back to '92/'93 and see the impact Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg had on bringing in more white people in the suburbs into hip hop.

They paved the way for Em, but face it, he transcended the whole thing....

They were the first to bring most of the people on this board into hip hop..

uhm, sure .. yes.. this is a westcoast forum.

Please don't be blind and understand that if Eminem wasn't white these little white girls and hard rockers wouldn't give two fucks about him. Even he understands that so why can't you?

Listen man, I'm tired of arguing. Em didn't choose white girls & hard rockers to be his fans. That ain't his fault and doesn't make him a less credible & good MC. Obviously you guys are only focused on his image in public and his fanbase. I repeat it once more: I don't like him. Nevertheless Rakim & him are the best MCs I've ever seen/listened to.

Being an ill M.C. has shit all to do with being successful in hip hop. The rappers selling the most records are usually garbage for example Ja Rule, Nelly, Big Tymers, etc. Rakim, KRS, Kane, Chuck D, Slick Rick, Kool G Rap and many other GREATS have not gone multiplatinum in their life

agree

and they are the illest that hip hop has to offer.

nope

so don't give me this BULLSHIT that Eminem sells most of his records and gets over-exposure because he's an ill M.C.

Did I ever say that? No. His skin colour plays an important role, but it's not the only reason why he's that successful.

Luuurrk

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2002, 03:07:27 PM »

No one pays attention to Dresta, Knoccout, Ice Cube, Spice 1, Celly Cel ? Hmmm thats funny since Celly Cel and Spice 1 are 2 of my fav rappers ever. You just made the biggest idiot of yourself. People pay attention to these guys. I couldnt give a fuck about eminem compared to these guys. I pay attention to them..

Do you know Grandmaster Caz? He's one of my fav MCs ever. Nevertheless he can't even compete with Eminem.

Oh yeah and you said If they good people will pay attention. You sayin Dresta, Knoccout, Ice Cube, Spice 1, Celly Cel arent good? If so then keep your damn account deleted,=...

I don't think they're standout MCs. So What?! Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. You're takin this thing way too serious.

One more thing. Juice would and HAS ripped the fuckin shit out of eminem. Why is em the "legand"? Cause Juice is unsigned. EMinem is famous.

Just like Kane would've ripped the shit outta Ra more than a decade ago. Does it make him a better MC? No.

Trauma-san

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2002, 03:07:44 PM »

Ice Cube & Snoop Dogg?! I know you don't like Em (I don't like him either), but he's better than those dudes.

LURKA PLEASE!!!!

JAE

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2002, 03:09:09 PM »

Just like Kane would've ripped the shit outta Ra more than a decade ago. Does it make him a better MC? No.

I think Juice is a better MC. But like you said opinions are like assholes so should I even argue with you over this?

Luuurrk

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2002, 03:09:55 PM »

LURKA PLEASE!!!!

he is.... as a former Eminem hater it was hard enough for me to say it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2002, 03:12:59 PM »
Eminem can't carry Cube's mike.