Author Topic: It's official: Em & Rakim are the best MCs ever  (Read 2795 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: It's official: Em & Rakim are the best MCs eve
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2002, 03:35:53 PM »

he's your fav MC..... it ain't about "the truth", it's about your personal feelings.

no i'm not jsut sayin that because snoops my fav mc, i'm sayin snoop has more charisma because everyone in the hip hop work knows thas one thing snoop is known for havin a lot of and eminem does not have/or ever will have as much charisma as the top dogg.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Luuurrk

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2002, 03:41:21 PM »

Thats exacly what your talkin about. Your personal feelings. Welcome to the real world. Not everyone has the same opinion. Therefor ALOT of people dont agree that em is the best.

Once more: I don't like Eminem, I don't even own one of his CDs. If my judgement was based on my personal feelings I'd go with Rakim, Spoonie G and some French Mcs.

Luuurrk

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2002, 03:42:40 PM »

no i'm not jsut sayin that because snoops my fav mc, i'm sayin snoop has more charisma because everyone in the hip hop work knows thas one thing snoop is known for havin a lot of and eminem does not have/or ever will have as much charisma as the top dogg.

If Em lacked of charisma you wouldn't hate on him so much.

Trauma-san

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2002, 03:43:35 PM »
Eminem can't even give an acceptance speech without cussing out Moby.  Now compare that to Snoop Dogg dissing the whole friekin' east coast at the source awards in 96 or whatever.  No contest, anything Snoop does is charmismatic.  He needs his own talk show.  

Luuurrk

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2002, 03:48:46 PM »

Juice doesnt have charisma?.

he lacks of charisma.

Ill put it like this. Ive heard an eminem vs Juice battle and Juice RIPPED HIM UP. Eminem was offbeat as hell and Juice was killin him. So theres somthin eminem lacks. Freestyling. And that is a very important part of rap/hip hop. Also how can you say bad shit about Juice? He can rhyme like hell and he hasnt come with anything groundbreaking cause everything he does is slept on. Just listen to "sincerely" and tell me what you said before.

cuz he lost to juice he lacks of freestyling skills? what kind of logic is that? Btw, I didn't say "bad things" about Juice! I just said he lacks of charisma. People are quick to call someone a gimmick Mc or garbage, but when it comes to their favs they're actin just as if it was some kind of personal insult.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2002, 03:48:53 PM »
It's official Eminem is the Greatest White rapper of all-time by the opinion's of million's of kid's from the suburb's who barley got into hip-hop in the late late 90's.

remember this....

Ten million copies were sold in 1990 alone with more than 17 million copies sold by the year 2000. Despite all of the critics, this record has yet to be topped by another hip-hop artist.

Remember when ure' older bro's & sister's were bangin' this shitt like everyday in the Burb's...... it was slammin' right!!!
Deja Vu!!

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

Trauma-san

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2002, 03:51:18 PM »
Hey, don't pick on Ice.  He's coool.  LOL.  (yes, i'm serious).  

JAE

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2002, 03:54:49 PM »

he lacks of charisma.

Juice doesnt have charisma?.

cuz he lost to juice he lacks of freestyling skills? what kind of logic is that? Btw, I didn't say "bad things" about Juice! I just said he lacks of charisma. People are quick to call someone a gimmick Mc or garbage, but when it comes to their favs they're actin just as if it was some kind of personal insult.

Yeah why else would he have lost? And juice isnt one of my favs but when it comes to lyrics I think Juice is a strong Lyricist.

PS. Why are you callin Em the greatest if you dont really like him? I think DJ Quik is the greatest. You should post your own opinion insted.

Luuurrk

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2002, 03:57:14 PM »
Eminem can't even give an acceptance speech without cussing out Moby.  Now compare that to Snoop Dogg dissing the whole friekin' east coast at the source awards in 96 or whatever.  No contest, anything Snoop does is charmismatic.  He needs his own talk show.  

How come that Em got beef with an artist like Moby? Moby ain't involved in the whole HipHop thing...... Em transcended HipHop.

Luuurrk

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2002, 04:07:19 PM »

Juice doesnt have charisma?. .

I repeat: he lacks of charisma! A lack of charisma doesn't necessarily mean that someone has no charisma at all.

Yeah why else would he have lost? And juice isnt one of my favs but when it comes to lyrics I think Juice is a strong Lyricist..

cuz Em was below par? cuz Juice had a better day? Is Larry Holmes a better boxer than Muhammad Ali cuz he beat him once?

PS. Why are you callin Em the greatest if you dont really like him? I think DJ Quik is the greatest. You should post your own opinion insted.

cuz I got respect for mad talent.

JAE

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2002, 04:19:07 PM »

I repeat: he lacks of charisma! A lack of charisma doesn't necessarily mean that someone has no charisma at all.

cuz Em was below par? cuz Juice had a better day? Is Larry Holmes a better boxer than Muhammad Ali cuz he beat him once?

cuz I got respect for mad talent.

Juice would beat em again. Trust me. Juice would kill eminem in a freestyle and Juice can write too. The reason No one would ever say Juice is better? Dr dre isnt producing for him and he isnt one of the biggest rappers in the world.

I have respect for mad talent also. Thats why I think Quik is the greatest. With Celly Cel close behind him.

Luuurrk

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2002, 04:20:56 PM »
ok now, let's squash the whole thing.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2002, 09:20:45 PM »
I'm only going to add two things to this debate.  First off.

So theres somthin eminem lacks. Freestyling. And that is a very important part of rap/hip hop.

Can't believe I saw this.  Em can't freestyle?  Didn't he come in second in the '97 rap olympics?  I'd say it's a FACT that Em can freestyle AND battle with the best of them.  

And I'm certain that most people here don't know what charisma is.  This is not a very important aspect of being a complete emcee.  
Check a dictionary.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2002, 09:56:58 PM »
Eminem isnt all that because, there are lots of rappers that can rip em in a sec but they dont mean shit because nobody knows them? lol c'mon man... Eminem is just an attention seeker who dresses up him self as bin ladin to get some fuckin' attention, now how sad is that???????  :P
40oz Graphire

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2002, 11:52:54 AM »

How come that Em got beef with an artist like Moby? Moby ain't involved in the whole HipHop thing...... Em transcended HipHop.

because Eminem is the only hip-hop artist dumb enough to say shit like "nobody listens to techno"...

Snoop trancended hip-hop without the constant airplay on commercial radio that Eminem gets.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  Eminem is good, not great. vastly overrated by many.  he didn't "change hip-hop"... although he did help populate its fanbase with 15 year old white kids from Idaho.

Who or what has he influenced any more than Jay-Z or previous mega-popular MCs.  Calling Eminem the greatest is laughable.  How's he fucking with;

Rakim
KRS One
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Common
Del The Funkee Homosapien
Q-Tip
Posdonus
Guru
Gza
Ras Kass
Chino XL