Author Topic: Is Mozart Really The Best Composer Ever Lived??  (Read 500 times)

Liquid-Dogg

Re: Is Mozart Really The Best Composer Ever Lived?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2002, 01:41:45 AM »
It's funny to me, when I'm called closed minded, and I'm a white Muslim convert living in the states.

that's got nothing to do with it tho.
u could be a gay turned lesbian, and still everyone(almost) would dissagree with ur views on this topic

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2002, 05:27:37 AM »
Infinite do you only like music made by people who are in some way repressed?

All of your favourite Hip Hop artists all moan about the establishment and what it does to them, you want to listen to music from Native American tribes etc.

I would be certain that if any of the classical composers most admired were muslims or from a country that had been ethnically cleansed.

STOP MAKING EVERYTHING POLITICAL!!!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2002, 08:19:48 AM »
Infinite do you only like music made by people who are in some way repressed?

All of your favourite Hip Hop artists all moan about the establishment and what it does to them, you want to listen to music from Native American tribes etc.

I would be certain that if any of the classical composers most admired were muslims or from a country that had been ethnically cleansed.

STOP MAKING EVERYTHING POLITICAL!!!!

Jay, you always try to come at me personal because you have no argument.  It's simple as this, I understand that the shit Mozart and those cats did was difficult, complicated, and hard to duplicate, and I still don't like it and think it's wack as hell, how can you possibly argue that?  You can't so you attack me personally, I never come at you personally I argue objectively.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2002, 10:00:04 AM »
^
|

I have to come at you personally because that's the whole point.  You don't like classical music. Aight.  You could have said it's not your personal taste.

But instead you bring politics into it. "I'd rather listen to the music of Native Americans tribes, that's the real shit.  Fuck that European glorified bullshit."  

You give the impression that you won't listen to anything endorsed by the so called establishment.

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2002, 10:18:17 AM »

I never come at you personally I argue objectively.

Sigh... Time for another vocabulary lesson.

ob·jec·tive  
adj.
1.)Of or having to do with a material object.
2.) Having actual existence or reality.
3.) Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic.

You do NOT argue objectively...

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2002, 04:33:09 PM »
Dre's an iller composer than Mozart.

HAHAHAHA.  You're drunk.  You'll probably burn in hell or something just for that 1 comment, LOL (Just kidding)

But seriously.  I had a vision last night, it was more like a dream.  Mozart was there.  Mozart had a baby grand, Dre had a Trinity Sinth.  Dre was begging him if he could teach him something about composing, and Mozart said "Bitch, I can't pour the ocean in a tea cup.  Get the Fizz Out Before I have to pull my Strizz Out, Playa".  Dre wrote down what Mozart said, gonna loop it on his next single.  

Then, I Was transported, magically, to a time, 6 years later.  Dre was still in the same place, still trying to bang out a beat with Mozarts help.  Mozart had fell asleep, and his wig fell off, hit a few keys, and landed on the ground.  Dre recorded it, looped it, sold 2 million copies.  After Mozart sued him for Plagerizm, he blamed it on Scott Storch.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2002, 04:53:38 PM »
You can't sit here and tell me that I'm supposed to like this music, and think it's magnificent and groundbreaking, when I listen to that classical bullshit my mind blacks out, my nerves tighten up, and I become real angry....if this is the reaction I'm supposed to have to "great music" then I only want to listen to bullshit.

So just because you're messed up, Classical music is Crap, and Mozart is untalented?  Grow up, and Accept responsiblity.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2002, 05:03:17 PM »
Man,this thread just really pisses me off.  Infinite, when will you realize you're a hypocrite?  

1. You bitch when people stereotype people, but you do the same thing of all composers, by saying they're all European upper class (you told me this before).  After I explained to you that most of them started out dirt poor, you still claim it.  

2. You just said that you didn't like it because they're european.  That's kind of prejudiced, isn't it?  

3.  You do INDEED not like anything mainstream.  You feel like *sniff *sniff Boo Hoo your FREEDOM is being opressed.  GET A F*cking CLUE!!!! You're White!  You're *NOT* being opressed, in ANY friekin' slight imaginary definition of the word.  

4.  "I'm not gonna like it just because some teacher told me too".  Of COURSE you're not.  Instead of being open minded, and not having an opinion, since the teacher "told you to", you're gonna hate it, because you're a cripple who can't make his own decisions.  You just take everybody elses decision, and roll with the oposite, then dare somebody to say something, because you're a screw-up.  

----------------------------------------------------------

I'll explain a normal person to you, maybe you could shoot for it.  Take me for example.  Personally, I don't like mozart very much, but I realize he was talented.  I love beethoven, and especially like Bach, because I like how emotional their music was.  Beethoven put a lot of passion in his music, and Bach put a lot of great melodies in his.  Beethoven's is fierce and depressing, Bach's is sad and beautiful.  Notice, I don't like all classical music, and don't hate all of it, but like what I like.  I don't generalize what I haven't heard... and I'm not afraid to be man enough to enjoy pretty music, or man enough to go against the popular vote (I don't like mozart).

Tupac?  I love some of his songs, think some of them suck.  I don't care what other people think about it, and I don't hate all his music just because I think he was a hypocrite.  Puffy? I can't stand him, but love a few of his songs.  I even like some of the pop crap that comes on the radio, and hate other parts.  

In other words: Stop just taking the tails side of the popular vote.  It's gay.  Don't do it.    

infinite59

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2002, 06:32:20 PM »
Man,this thread just really pisses me off.  Infinite, when will you realize you're a hypocrite?  

1. You bitch when people stereotype people, but you do the same thing of all composers, by saying they're all European upper class (you told me this before).  After I explained to you that most of them started out dirt poor, you still claim it.  

2. You just said that you didn't like it because they're european.  That's kind of prejudiced, isn't it?  

3.  You do INDEED not like anything mainstream.  You feel like *sniff *sniff Boo Hoo your FREEDOM is being opressed.  GET A F*cking CLUE!!!! You're White!  You're *NOT* being opressed, in ANY friekin' slight imaginary definition of the word.  

4.  "I'm not gonna like it just because some teacher told me too".  Of COURSE you're not.  Instead of being open minded, and not having an opinion, since the teacher "told you to", you're gonna hate it, because you're a cripple who can't make his own decisions.  You just take everybody elses decision, and roll with the oposite, then dare somebody to say something, because you're a screw-up.  

----------------------------------------------------------

I'll explain a normal person to you, maybe you could shoot for it.  Take me for example.  Personally, I don't like mozart very much, but I realize he was talented.  I love beethoven, and especially like Bach, because I like how emotional their music was.  Beethoven put a lot of passion in his music, and Bach put a lot of great melodies in his.  Beethoven's is fierce and depressing, Bach's is sad and beautiful.  Notice, I don't like all classical music, and don't hate all of it, but like what I like.  I don't generalize what I haven't heard... and I'm not afraid to be man enough to enjoy pretty music, or man enough to go against the popular vote (I don't like mozart).

Tupac?  I love some of his songs, think some of them suck.  I don't care what other people think about it, and I don't hate all his music just because I think he was a hypocrite.  Puffy? I can't stand him, but love a few of his songs.  I even like some of the pop crap that comes on the radio, and hate other parts.  

In other words: Stop just taking the tails side of the popular vote.  It's gay.  Don't do it.    

1.  There's plenty of things I like that are considered "mainstreem."

2.  I never said those composers weren't talented, but to me, it's still wack.

3.  Yes I am white.  What is your point?  Islam has nothing to do with race.  You should know that.  If you weren't so brief and narrow minded.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2002, 06:39:29 PM »
Uhhh, yeah what death said...

infinity, u jus got shit on!!! take it like a man and except defeat

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2002, 07:26:45 PM »

3.  Yes I am white.  What is your point?  Islam has nothing to do with race.  You should know that.  If you weren't so brief and narrow minded.

Weren't you the one who taught us all that, "Black people should convert back to Islam" because that's what they were in Africa?  LOL.  You're such a hypocrite.  Roll over and die.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2002, 02:45:32 AM »

Weren't you the one who taught us all that, "Black people should convert back to Islam" because that's what they were in Africa?  LOL.  You're such a hypocrite.  Roll over and die.  

^^

that statement is actually tru... but lets keep the beef outta this thread...

Trauma.. what do you think of Tchaikovsky  ??  ;D

min0rity

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2002, 06:20:22 PM »
classical music had influenced music of yesturday, the music of today, and will have the music of tomorrow...think about it, this motherfucking composers had NOTHING to work with, cuz today any jack could make a beat in 5-10 minutes but back then...everything was pen and paper..i also heard that one of the great composer correct me if i'm wrong but i heard he was deaf for christ sakes!!!! but yet still came with timeless masterpieces...the point is..this motherfuckers are the blueprints of what music is today....every music genre has some if not a lot of classical music influence..even hip-hop....i mean personally, i can't stand classical music period. but you gotta give credit where its due...i even went to see this classical music show in university of minnesota twin cities campus (it was free ;D) and they were performing music from fucking no-names of that time and it was still pretty fucking good..so imagine peeps like mozart, bach, beethoven, they are fucking geniuses...i mean i hate the music but you gotta respect the art they created..

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2002, 08:56:47 PM »
to Me the best composer is between Mozart and Beethoven
i had to do a research paper on Beethoven, but I got a lot of information on Mozart as well.. both genius men
but...to me I think maybe Beethoven just his styles and everything and learned to do everything......plus he was deaf throughout some of his best work

infinite59

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2002, 09:09:13 PM »

Slaves were taken from Northern Africa, much of Northern Africa then and now practices Islam, therefore many of those slaves were Muslims.  I would recommend Islam to any descendant of the trans-atlantic slave trade, but it isn't like I would persecute them if they said no..... it's no different than you sendin me PM's to try to get me to open up to Christianity, Muhammad tried to convert people to Islam, just like Jesus tried to convert people, there's nothing wrong with that.