Poll

Just wanted to know how many of you have even heard of this...

I know the story behind it
7 (38.9%)
I heard about it
3 (16.7%)
are u serious? It's a damn shame Turkey is denying it!
2 (11.1%)
never heard of it, don't care
4 (22.2%)
who are Armenians?
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 18, 2004, 04:31:07 PM

Author Topic: The genocide of Armenians in Turkey (1915-1922)  (Read 259 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
The genocide of Armenians in Turkey (1915-1922)
« on: September 04, 2004, 04:31:07 PM »
I was watchin Ararat the other day and decided to make this poll. Few people know about the Armenian genocide during which nearly 2 million armenians were brutally massacred and starved by the turks.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Sikotic™

Re: The genocide of Armenians in Turkey (1915-1922)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 04:36:11 PM »
The word genocide came out from this massacre. It's a damn shame no one knows about it. I lost my great grandfather to the Turks.

BTW, how was Ararat? I never got to see it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 04:53:17 PM »
Ararat is a pretty good movie. It has lots of depressing moments, but for the most part its a fictional movie and there's somethin in it for everyone so i'm surprised it never blew up. I suggest you see it if you have Armenian roots

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 05:50:25 PM »
I've heard about it many times, but I dont know all the facts and exact story. Sad though  :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 10:50:24 PM »
Don't know a thing about it, sadly, I don't really care. 

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 10:56:41 PM »
I'll sum it up a little bit: Modern Day Turkey is Historically Armenian land and up until the early 20's there were millions of Armenians residing in Turkey. Many people of high rank and economically well off people were Armenians. Then the situation in Turkey became bad, socially and economically when WWI broke out. Armenians got in the way of the Turks and they decided that they should get rid of the Armenians by driving them out of the country. In a matter of a couple of days after the decision was made by the Turkish Pasha all of the Armenian Elite were publically executed, their houses were burned, and their relatives tortured. The rest of the people were forced to leave their homes and march across the desert to Syria, Iran, and other surrounding countries. In the process of this genocide almost 2 million armenians died. To this day the Turkish government is denying the authenticity of the armenian genocide. They say that a few people were killed by accident, but that there was no systematic plan of extermination of the nation. During WWII during the extermination of many undesired races in the Third Reich Hitler had said "After all who remembers Armenians today." Some European countries have accepted the Armenian genocide, but the United States still hasn't accepted, although every president in the past 20 years had promised to accept the Armenian genocide prior to being elected. April 24th was agreed upon by all Armenians as a mourning day to the victims of the Armenian genocide and on this day Turkish embassies around the world close due to demonstrations and marches.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 11:06:13 PM »
Hmmm... well how do I know it really happened? 

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 11:32:28 PM »
There is a lot of proof. For one, my great grandmother's whole family died in the desert and her brother and she were the only survivors from a family of 7 children, so go figure. There are also lots of photographs of the massacres and even some documentaries shot with early cameras. i'm sure if you're in doubt you can find lots of information online if you just search for it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 11:48:57 PM »
The only reason the US won't accept it is because they don't want to piss off Turkey and their relations with them. We're not Jewish so no one gives a fuck.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 12:41:56 AM »
It really is sad that only 3-4 people have posted an opinion on this issue...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 04:08:41 AM »

that's because the masses dont know and also dont give a shit about genocides besides the one Hitler did.
the Armenian related genocide was bad as fuck, so was the shit Stalin did. but who talks about these things?
all ppl care about is the murder of Jews by Nazis. this thing will never be forgotten. germans will always be considered Nazis by retards, while retards dont even  know about those other genocides.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 01:56:43 PM »

that's because the masses dont know and also dont give a shit about genocides besides the one Hitler did.
the Armenian related genocide was bad as fuck, so was the shit Stalin did. but who talks about these things?
all ppl care about is the murder of Jews by Nazis. this thing will never be forgotten. germans will always be considered Nazis by retards, while retards dont even  know about those other genocides.

Yeah, the stuff goin' down with Stalin was terrible as well.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »
Yeah, I know about this....I used to go to an Armenian Populated school....had some Armenian friends that told me about it....fucked up shit

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 04:53:39 PM »
The Holocaust was a lot harsher than the Genocide...You had hundreds of millions of people snatched from their homes by force to live in concentration camps, and over 10 million killed for NO REASON OTHER THAN THEIR RACE...Kids weren't given food, everyone was separated from their families, people were made slaves, they made them dig their own graves, and then were killed off...I HATE when people compare the Genocide to the Holocaust.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 05:06:59 PM »
Both tragedies took place during different eras. At least the Halocaust gets recognition. This government completely blows off the Genocide which disgusts me.

THA SAUCE HOUSE