Author Topic: WHERE DID  SHIT GO WRONG!!!!!!!  (Read 491 times)

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
WHERE DID  SHIT GO WRONG!!!!!!!
« on: September 24, 2002, 07:10:41 PM »
It seems like the whole board got divided when snoop and xzibit started beefing.  Snoop fans stoped liking Xzibit, and Xzibit fans started hatin Snoop.  It seems like lately we have been spending more time bringing Xzibit and Snoop down instead of giving them props.  
    We all have different feelings about their singles, but I think there are some good reasons for that.  We built up so much hype and drama around the singles that we did not know what to expect.  We had our own thought's about the what the song's should sound like, that when they finally came out we was like "this is not what I thought the song would sound like."  Instead of listening to the song's for what's good in them we just herd what was bad.  Both songs have their flaws, wether it's the beats, the rhmes, or its the hooks.  But at the same time both songs are cool.  
    For some reason we are still waiting for Xzibit to make another "what you see is what you get"  were still waiting for Snoop to make another "what's my name"  that shit is not going to happen.  We gotta take their new shit for what it is "some cool as music."  
  Why is it we always find something bad to say.  Then if someone says something good, we jump all over them and start calling them a dickrider.  If we hear a song and it's not the greatest song we ever herd, instead of saying "yeah, that shit is cool, I like this part and I like that part" we say " yeah, I herd that shit, not what I expected, it's aiiight, the beat was wack, the rhymes were aiight, he needs to go back the old days, this song is not better than his other one, I wont be buying his album."  At the same time we all got different taste, if you aint feeling it you ain't feelin it.  But don't force yourself to hate one cuz he's beefing with your favorite m.c, or he diddnt make the song how you wanted it.  We gotta at least give shit a chance, but after that if you don't feel it than hey it problly aint for you.
  If we dont talk good about west coast hip-hop at a west coast hip-hop site, than who will?  why do we try to put west coast artist in a box, like they can't work with anybody else?  Just cuz Xzibit came in the game with the liks dosnt mean he can't do songs with dre, and just cuz snoop does a song with Jay-Z we call him a sell out?  Shit we gotta branch out.  If Snoop did a song with Nelly or JaRule I would agree with the sell out shit, but shit Jay-Z is a true M.C.  he makes songs for MTV but who makes more shit for MTV than Eminem, and it seem like everyone around here loves him.  
Lets be real, Snoop Xzibit are the biggest artist on the west, if we dont pump they shit than no one else will.  Their beef don't have shit to do with us.  They beef is some bullshit anyway,  the'll be in the magazine together next month huggin and shit, who knows.  But lets keep open minds when we listen to new music, no matter who it is.    
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: WHERE DID  SHIT GO WRONG!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 07:32:03 PM »
Come on now man if it aint broke dont fix it.We all want the best so wouldnt you want phil jackson coaching your team or wouldnt you want Michael Jordan to play guard on your team.Thats why I dont understand why Dre isnt on his album,

teecee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 07:34:03 PM »
Excellent post DNARROW, i am glad someone is thinking in here.......you make a lot of great points.

If anyone has started hating on either Snoop or Xzibits music because of the beef, that is too bad. But i think i speak for many people when i say i just don't feel Xzibit's new stuff at all, although a couple of songs are really good.  I could care less if they are beefing, cuz they never came in the game together, unlike Kurupt and Snoop (that is a different situation).......

I don't think everyone has to like something just cuz its westcoast....i can see why many people don't like Snoops new single too, even though i personally love it.  Its all a matter of opinion and preference (and bias), and everyone is entitled to their own thoughts.  When people are straight ignorant with their opinions, that is when the terms dickrider and HATER should come up.......otherwise, we are all fans who are allowed to think what we want.  And i personally think the westcoast mainly sucks right now, although so does everywhere else...........
  I think both Xzibit and Snoop will drop fairly nice commercial albums, but i just wish only one of them was dropping a commerical album............as the other MC is better suited to real hardcore hiphop........

budsmokeronly

aRe: WHERE DID  SHIT GO WRONG!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 08:08:13 PM »
yeah word up DNarrow, word up.  I know I will still buy both X's and snoops albums.  I haven't even d/l X album yet just cause I kind of want to wait, and some other reasons.  IMO multiply is a good song, but nothing special in my eyes.  snoops new song I haven't listened to much.  What I will say about it is that I do not like the beat at all, but I do like snoops flow.  Definately nowadays artists albums get hyped up so damn much for me that I am almost always dissapointed.  They really get hyped up on here, and from rumors and news, and from the artists themselves.  They also get hyped up from guest appearances.  Take for instance snoop and the last meal.  Look at some of his guest appearances within the year that the last meal dropped: fuck you, next episode, chin check, bitch please II, a lot of songs on the eastsidaz, songs from the bootleg like hot pursuit and catastrophic, cali chronic, and more.  He came better on all of these songs than 85% of the songs on the last meal IMO.  Not only that but before every one of his album drops since da game, so many people on the net say that he is back to his doggystyle flow, or this is gonna be the next doggystyle.  Perfect example is the song pimp slap.  So many people on here said he is back to his doggystyle flow on that song.  IMO he is far from it on that song.  I just hope he puts out a banger this year, just an album where I can be satisfied with listening to the whole album without skipping a track.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 08:30:53 PM »
I haven't liked snoop 4 a while now (used to be my favourtie). Just listen to his new single, pure trash!

Xzibit is still alright. But from what ive heard from his new album :P, i know xzibit can do a lot better.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 11:29:24 AM »
word i noticed alot of groupies dissin either x or snoop over this shit, its stupid really, ppl should just judge on the quality of musix

mafia_fox

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2002, 08:32:14 AM »
but why are they beefing?

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 04:40:41 PM »
DNARROW has a point, personally i could give a fuck less about who hates who on the west, i'm gonna support everyone who comes out with decent music, be it DPG, Tha Row, Aftermath, Dogghouse, Sik wid it. i don't care if E-40 said fuck everyone one the westcoast, called out my favorite rappers, i'm still going to support him because he's always came correct IMO. some of you act like you roll with snoop, xzibit, kurupt, dre, eminem, 2pac and so on. fools you either bootleg thier cd's or buy them just like me. ain't too many of you special when it comes to the rap game. so take a step back and just enjoy the music. don't take this shit personally. until a rapper comes out and calls ME out on a mic i'm gonna support them.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2002, 04:46:05 PM »
Ive noticed the diss's.. but I'm seein it more as a compare / contrast on the new music thats dropped.  They both are droppin new albums and everybodys waitin to see who the King Of The West will be.  I see it as healthy talk.. a little dissin and hatin wont hurt.. far from out of control.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Jome

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2002, 06:07:40 PM »
Ive noticed the diss's.. but I'm seein it more as a compare / contrast on the new music thats dropped.  They both are droppin new albums and everybodys waitin to see who the King Of The West will be.  I see it as healthy talk.. a little dissin and hatin wont hurt.. far from out of control.

Ax