Author Topic: Dre did "Multiply"!  (Read 1915 times)

Woodrow

Re: Dre did "Multiply"!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2002, 07:02:24 PM »

If Dre mixed it, I can guarentee he Produced at least half of it...Remember "Dogg Food"? Half of that album was Dre...

I'll take you up on that "guarentee"

Prove it to me...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

LyRiCaLmAsTa

• Lil Geezy
  • G'd Up from da feet up
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2002, 07:12:39 PM »
Yall didn't know dre produced multiply dre did most the major production on Man Vs Machine

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2002, 11:11:48 PM »
whoever laced it gets my stamp of approval......which is hard to get sometimes

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2002, 11:13:20 PM »
lol this is very funny how some people claimed to KNOW and  GUARANTEE that Dre produced Multiply when he didnt do anything for the beat. (except mixing which is basically the same as producing  ::) )
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Murrow

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2002, 09:50:30 AM »
(except mixing which is basically the same as producing  ::) )

Wrong.  Listen to Truth's album.  He mixed that whole thing besides 3 tracks.  Take "Bullshit" for example, which is produced by Organized Noise.  It sounds nothing like a Dre beat, yet your saying if someone mixes something that produced the track too?  Producing isn't making a beat, niether is mixing.  I bet when Dre mixed her album she wasn't in the studio.  Cause she doesn't need to be.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2002, 10:48:35 AM »

Wrong.  Listen to Truth's album.  He mixed that whole thing besides 3 tracks.  Take "Bullshit" for example, which is produced by Organized Noise.  It sounds nothing like a Dre beat, yet your saying if someone mixes something that produced the track too?  Producing isn't making a beat, niether is mixing.  I bet when Dre mixed her album she wasn't in the studio.  Cause she doesn't need to be.

umm if you didnt get it, this face here  ::) was being sarcastic...umm,. yea..ok anyway
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Murrow

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2002, 11:36:00 AM »

umm if you didnt get it, this face here  ::) was being sarcastic...umm,. yea..ok anyway

LoL, it is hard to tell, but this wasn't just directed towards you.  Later...

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2002, 11:53:15 AM »
hahahahahahahaha.  It's funny how much people THINK they know about their music.  

props to the peeps came with correct news.  

peace.  

Woodrow

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2002, 12:58:55 PM »
Let's take a trip down memory lane...

Of course I knew Dre produced it...I mean, just listen to it...It sounds JUST like Dre...A person who knows his music would automatically know it was Dre produced (or at least co produced)...

BUUUUT, Incognito spread some rumor saying Dre didnt produce it (in another thread), and a bunch of people were like "I KNEW IT WASNT DRE!"...So I had to clear it up....PeACE

U probably didn't check the Co-Production credit (or it didnt list it), cuz Dre AT LEAST Co-Produced it with this guy...and if it dont list Dre, that's a lie...

Thank YOU!...I bet Kon Artist did a little co-production though...But it's definently 90% Dre...PeAcE

The booklet doesnt list co-producers, don't u see? Basically if it says Dre Mixed it, than he at least co-produced it...PeACE

If Dre mixed it, I can guarentee he Produced at least half of it...Remember "Dogg Food"? Half of that album was Dre...

Murrow

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2002, 03:10:15 PM »
What other proof you want?  Dre calling you up and telling you he did not make that beat?  God, lol.

Woodrow

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2002, 03:13:56 PM »
What other proof you want?  Dre calling you up and telling you he did not make that beat?  God, lol.

Nah, He should call up NIK...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2002, 04:09:03 PM »
You guys are idiots...Dre is know for giving others credit (aka Ghost-Producing)...

* First lets start with the album "Dogg Food"...Dre produced at least half of that album, but he wasn't credited for any production. Most heads will agree that Dre had a lot of shit to do with beats like "Let's Play House" etc...The reason Dre wasn't credited as a producer was because he wasn't allowed to produce on that album (something to do with Death Row and Interscope)...

* Now let's take it to "Bad Intentions" and "On The BLVD"...Both of these beats have Dre rapping on them, and both of these beats sound 'DRE AS FUCK'..."Bad Intentions" has the same bass line and drums as previous Dre tracks had in the past...Dre did at least 90% of "Bad Intentions", but AGAIN, he was only credited for minimum production..."On The BLVD" is clearly a Dre beat (even Mellowman said this), but Dre wanted to help out his homie Jelly Roll, who barely did shit for the beat, and got the credit...

* "Year 2000" by Xzibit off of the 'Black and White' OST is EASILY Dre...The credits go to his protege` Mel-Man, but Dre clearly did this...It gives Dre credit as "Executive Producer" (WTF is that?) and Mel-Man credit as the Producer...

* "The Way I Am" by Eminem...Dre clearly had something to do with this beat, because u can even hear Em saying "Dre just let it run" in the begining...Dre wasn't credited for anything, not even mixing...

* Most of the Eminem productions u've heard is Produced 50% by Dre...

And the list goes on and on and on...All I'm trying to say is that Dre Ghost-Produces a lot...Especially with beats that he mixes...

Here's some proof Dre did at least half of Multiply...

* MTV (and plenty of other sources) have listed Dre as the Producer, which means that the Promotional versions of the album must have listed Dre as the Producer...They wouldn't just say Dre produced it for no reason (especialy MTV)

* Xzibit WOULD NOT say "Dre bring that shit back in one more time" only because Dre mixed the song...Come on now...

* Dre mixed the song, and like I said earlier, when Dre is listed as a mixer, most of the time u can bet your ass the beat will sound like Dre (which means Dre does more than a little towards production)...

* Kon Artist is Eminems protege`, and again, Dre helps out Eminem productionwise a lot, which probably means he would help out Eminems homie's as well...

Whatever, I listed enough shit...If u dont belive me, oh well...I dont care, fuck it...Think what u wanna...But I can bet anyone here Dre had a lot to do with the beat for "Multiply" whether he's listed on the final version or not...PeACe

Marc Ambush Solo

• Lil Geezy
  • The Truth
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2002, 11:31:39 PM »
::)

[sarcastic]Hmmmm... I thought Dre was the one who used Ghost-Producers, and not being one himself...[/sarcastic]  :D

teecee

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2002, 06:31:14 AM »
I have NEVER called anyone a DICKRIDER, but i feel situations like this is when it is warranted.  Saying shit like "most of the Eminem productions you heard is produced by Dre 50 percent" is just ridiculous!  Just are just like those idiots who say Daz and Warren G produced most of Chronic and Doggystyle, and Mel man did 2001, except you are reversing the situation.  Dre does not do everything that sounds like his shit, this much is true.  He did help on Bad Intentions and On the BLVD (although that DOES NOT sound like a Dre beat, i remember when it came out everyone thought Dre produced it and was like "dre came origial on that one, some new shit")....I mean, cmon man, just cuz Dre's beat are a little flat right now (hes still my fav), you gotta GUARANTEE Dre produced Multiply and Devin's Some of Em?  That is pretty weak.....

Damn NIK, i used to respect you as one of the best/most knowledgeable posters on this board, get your mind right man.  Peace

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2002, 07:12:30 AM »
Come to think of it, I think Dre ghostproduced for Rza on Enter The Wu-Tang.  Think of it.  ::)