Author Topic: More Than 1,000 Military Deaths in Iraq  (Read 884 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
More Than 1,000 Military Deaths in Iraq
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:47:57 PM »

More Than 1,000 Military Deaths in Iraq

29 minutes ago

By HAMZA HENDAWI, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. military deaths in the Iraq (news - web sites) campaign passed 1,000 Tuesday, an Associated Press tally showed, as a spike in fighting with both Sunni and Shiite insurgents killed seven Americans in scattered clashes in the Baghdad area.

The count includes 998 U.S. troops and three civilian contractors killed while working for the Pentagon (news - web sites). The tally was compiled by the AP based on Pentagon records, AP reporting from Iraq, and reports from soldiers' families.

It includes deaths from hostile and non-hostile causes since President Bush (news - web sites) launched a campaign in March 2003 to topple the regime of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites). A few deaths occurred in neighboring Kuwait.

The grim milestone was surpassed after a spike in clashes that has killed 14 American service members in the past two days. Two soldiers died in fighting Tuesday with militiamen loyal to rebel Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr. Five other Americans died Tuesday in separate attacks, mostly in the Baghdad area.

Earlier Tuesday, during a news conference at the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld sought to play down the impact of the milestone, saying the "civilized world" had long passed the 1,000th death at the hands of terrorists.

The Bush administration has long linked the Iraq conflict to the war on terrorism. The Sept. 11 Commission concluded that Iraq and al-Qaida did not have a "collaborative relationship" before the 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, and some have questioned to what extent foreign terror groups are involved in the anti-U.S. insurgency in Iraq.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: More Than 1,000 Military Deaths in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 02:04:27 PM »
it was like 9xx several weeks ago, so I guess that doesnt suprise anyone. just because 1000 is a cool looking number (optical) it shouldnt be too much of a news when it was like 980 weeks ago.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 02:23:20 PM »
and youre still voting bush

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 02:29:20 PM »
o, i didnt know... but it broke 1000, so, its big news... btw.. vote bush 04 :)

Montana00

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 04:40:52 PM »
Come on guys. Can you for once forget about Bush and iraq for a second.Think about it.

1,000 lives have been lost. Most of these people are 18-22 year olds. 1000 families have lost mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, etc.
My condolences go to the familes of the lost.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:00:54 PM »
Come on guys. Can you for once forget about Bush and iraq for a second.Think about it.

1,000 lives have been lost. Most of these people are 18-22 year olds. 1000 families have lost mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, etc.

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 05:42:03 PM »
Whats your point?

All i was saying is that i really dont want this to be about bush or iraq.

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 05:55:56 PM »

All i was saying is that i really dont want this to be about bush or iraq.

BUT IT IS

HOWEVER

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 06:55:02 PM »
How is your fuckin country not OUTRAGED and engulfed in fuckin rage at 1000 lives being sacrificed for the interests of ANOTHER country? Puppets.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 08:14:59 PM »
How is your fuckin country not OUTRAGED and engulfed in fuckin rage at 1000 lives being sacrificed for the interests of ANOTHER country? Puppets.

because we have over 15,000 iraqi's killed it's like spending a dollar and making $15

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 08:40:55 PM »

because we have over 15,000 iraqi's killed it's like spending a dollar and making $15

Damn, you may actually be Cartman, only he could think of someting that funny, LOL.

1000 deaths.  That's no worse than 1, you're still talking about young men, all dead, because of a war.  It's 1000 individuals, take any one of those families and their 1 is more important than the other 999 combined... so an inclusive number doesn't mean much, each death is as important as the other.  1000 isn't a milestone, and it's disgusting to talk of it that way, when 999 was just as important. 

Bush has MAJOR BALLS going through with this.  I wonder if he's ever thought of pulling out?  Politically, it's destroying him......... but he don't give a fuck.  That ought to tell you something.  It tells me he thinks it's the right thing to do, but as usual, I think on a higher plane than most of the assholes around here. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 04:39:08 AM »

Damn, you may actually be Cartman, only he could think of someting that funny, LOL.

1000 deaths.  That's no worse than 1, you're still talking about young men, all dead, because of a war.  It's 1000 individuals, take any one of those families and their 1 is more important than the other 999 combined... so an inclusive number doesn't mean much, each death is as important as the other.  1000 isn't a milestone, and it's disgusting to talk of it that way, when 999 was just as important. 

Bush has MAJOR BALLS going through with this.  I wonder if he's ever thought of pulling out?  Politically, it's destroying him......... but he don't give a fuck.  That ought to tell you something.  It tells me he thinks it's the right thing to do, but as usual, I think on a higher plane than most of the assholes around here. 

Hitler killed uncountable numbers of Jews just for the hell of it and thought it was the right thing to do, he didnt give a fuck what others think neither. So I guess you wouldve re-elected the dude. Cool.

Higher plane my ass.
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 05:41:39 AM »
^so u trully think bush is hitler, meaning, he is in iraq, for the sole purpose to rid the world of Muslims...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 06:00:08 AM »
I mean Bush is like Hitler in the sense of doing something fucked up but still thinking to do the right thing.
Cause Trauma admires Bush because he thinks it's the right thing to do. And I prove that thinking to do the right thing doesnt make it better.
Like when one thinks it's the right thing to kill all children who aint Muslim, he's cool ass dude. Stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

Supporting a President because he doesnt give a fuck. I havent heard something that retarded in a while.
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 02:50:26 PM »
Nah i think your wrong about that. "Politically, it's destroying him." The only people are against the war are (most of the time not all)
Democrats and people who dont live in america. Most of the republicans are with him on his decision to go into iraq. It's surprising, but alot people in america arent against the war.