Author Topic: We need a military recruiter here  (Read 395 times)

ecrazy

Re: We need a military recruiter here
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 12:49:01 AM »
for the record i'm not voting for either bush or kerry, i actually agree with infinite this is an election where you'll have a clearer head not voting at all.

, i  got so many grants and scholorships and financial aid i could be going to USC almost full ride.

finacial aid is a beautilful thing lol.

Yup Yup...Oh so True....Education should be Free Anyways....Thats Some Bullshit having to pay $26 A Unit..and im only in JC...Bullshit

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 06:51:27 AM »
you're flip flopping.. vote kerry :D

Have you made a shift to the right recently?

Cause you were moderate left in the way you came across but now you seem very pro - Bush on a lot of posts.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 07:14:52 AM »
for the record i'm not voting for either bush or kerry, i actually agree with infinite this is an election where you'll have a clearer head not voting at all.

, i  got so many grants and scholorships and financial aid i could be going to USC almost full ride.

Yup Yup...Oh so True....Education should be Free Anyways....Thats Some Bullshit having to pay $26 A Unit..and im only in JC...Bullshit

It really is a beautiful thing. The greatest thing, it doesn't look at race, ethnicity, gender, it just says if you're poor, we'll pay, if you're middle class, we'll pay most of it since the middle class pays most of the taxes. It's the greatest use of tax money that anyone has ever thought of.

And for Overseer, I think his being sarcastic.

pappy

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 11:55:37 AM »

It really is a beautiful thing. The greatest thing, it doesn't look at race, ethnicity, gender, it just says if you're poor, we'll pay, if you're middle class, we'll pay most of it since the middle class pays most of the taxes. It's the greatest use of tax money that anyone has ever thought of.

actually race does play a role in how much you get.  If a white an black kid goin to the same school  takin the same classes in the same finacial situation the black kid would get more money.  Not much but he would get more money b/c he is black.  I could careless tho im getting a check back for almost 1300 b/c i got that much extra this year lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 12:04:31 PM »

actually race does play a role in how much you get.  If a white an black kid goin to the same school  takin the same classes in the same finacial situation the black kid would get more money.  Not much but he would get more money b/c he is black.  I could careless tho im getting a check back for almost 1300 b/c i got that much extra this year lol.

the race is a meth. My sister couldn't receive much aid because I was already in college and they don't hand out that much money per family. Though since most white people go to college, it is easy to see race. Just like anything else, we look at race when race has nothing to do with it at all. I am happy you are getting so much for aid. I tell you, aid is the best use of tax dollars we could ever think of. All we need is a way to get health care to everyone, and I think we are set, oh, and better workman's comp. My dad needs surgery for a hernia he got, and he is going to miss 3 weeks of work and they only want to cover 60% of his pay, when we need the money really, really badly. Little kinks in the system.

Back to the main topic at hand. When are all the conservatives going to respond why they are not in the military fighting terrorist. Trauma, Woodrow, CWalker, all of you conservatives who support war, and are of war age, were are you? If you believe in a cause, you better be willing to die for it to protect your families. Women are over there dying, if a woman can fight for their family, then anyone of you cowards should too.

Thirteen

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 12:14:04 PM »
i'm pro war, i did 4 years active duty and i signed up for 4 years in the reserves, so i guess you can't say shit to me  ;D

plus the military is the best way to pay for college, the reserves pay up to $6,000 for tuition and the G.I. Bill pays me $400 a week to attend classes

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004, 12:28:32 PM »
i'm pro war, i did 4 years active duty and i signed up for 4 years in the reserves, so i guess you can't say shit to me  ;D

plus the military is the best way to pay for college, the reserves pay up to $6,000 for tuition and the G.I. Bill pays me $400 a week to attend classes

my father was a Vietnam Vet and he was against that war. I was about to take that path, but if it was one thing my dad wouldn't let me do, it's join the military. He let me do whatever I want, but the slightest thought of me in the Marines (I would only join the Marines) got him very angry. The thought still goes through my head, but I know that would crush my father and my love for him keeps me home. I don't know what he saw back in the early 70's but it has scared him to never let his children go to the military. Though I do have college loans to pay.

Thirteen

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2004, 12:39:16 PM »

my father was a Vietnam Vet and he was against that war. I was about to take that path, but if it was one thing my dad wouldn't let me do, it's join the military. He let me do whatever I want, but the slightest thought of me in the Marines (I would only join the Marines) got him very angry. The thought still goes through my head, but I know that would crush my father and my love for him keeps me home. I don't know what he saw back in the early 70's but it has scared him to never let his children go to the military. Though I do have college loans to pay.

swallow your pride and join something else and be smart about it.  do a job in the military that can easily transfer to a civilian job, and have them pay off debt. there's tons of good things to come from the military...

- i have free health and dental
- $250,000 life insurance and i only have to pay $16 a month for it
- i'm approved for a low interest home loan through the military for up to $150,000
- paid school
- pay me to go to school
- 26 college credits without having to do one college course
- a lovely credit card with no interest rate as long as i pay $1 a month, low interest rate if i don't
- i can always re-enlist for $30,000
- military experience during a time of war and a top secret clearance looks great on resumes
- retire when i'm 40

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2004, 01:53:36 PM »
I'll die for my loved ones and that's whar the list stops.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2004, 06:04:28 PM »
I'm singlehandedly protecting all of the piedmont area of the Carolinas from terrorist invasion.  I think I'm doing quite enough for my country. 

Jome

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2004, 09:06:01 PM »
- i'm approved for a low interest home loan through the military for up to $150,000
- paid school
- pay me to go to school
- a lovely credit card with no interest rate as long as i pay $1 a month, low interest rate if i don't
- military experience during a time of war and a top secret clearance looks great on resumes
- retire when i'm 40

That's a nice deal..
Is this because you've been 4 years in the military, or is there different deals for different officers/grades/privates.. ??

Thirteen

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2004, 09:23:31 PM »
- paid school
- pay me to go to school
- retire when i'm 40

That's a nice deal..
Is this because you've been 4 years in the military, or is there different deals for different officers/grades/privates.. ??

free health and dental applies for anyone in the military so does the life insurance.

the amount of the loan changes with your paygrade  and i've made rank every time i was eligible (4 times)

pay me to go to school is because when i enlisted i decided to take the navy college fund instead of the $3000 enlistment bonus

reserves pays for my tuition (doesn't apply to all states)

26 college credits applies to my my rate and rank

credit card is for any navy/marine personel

re-enlistment bonus is due to my rate

experience is common sense, the top secret clearance is due to my rate

and retiring when i'm 40 is due to me taking 2 years off between active duty and the reserves

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2004, 09:28:33 PM »
You've really got a great deal going on there, keep it up.  Don't you get like 30 grand (or 40?) a year when you retire, too? Plus, you can get another job, and still get the pay from being retired military, I believe (I may be wrong, but I think that's all right)

Thirteen

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2004, 09:35:42 PM »
You've really got a great deal going on there, keep it up.  Don't you get like 30 grand (or 40?) a year when you retire, too? Plus, you can get another job, and still get the pay from being retired military, I believe (I may be wrong, but I think that's all right)

yep and if i can get a civilian job with the state of federal government, i can stay in the reserves and "double dip". all that means is while i'm doing the things for the military and getting paid by the military, my job would pay me their rate and give me the time off. so i'd eat up tax payer's money twice as fast  ;D

i decided that i don't want to be a state trooper so now i'm looking at immigration, DEA, border patrol, or FBI

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2004, 10:39:48 PM »

yep and if i can get a civilian job with the state of federal government, i can stay in the reserves and "double dip". all that means is while i'm doing the things for the military and getting paid by the military, my job would pay me their rate and give me the time off. so i'd eat up tax payer's money twice as fast  ;D

i decided that i don't want to be a state trooper so now i'm looking at immigration, DEA, border patrol, or FBI

Hey man, I ain't gonna knock it.  Take advantage of the opportunities to the fullest extent you can, man... it's all legal, I don't have any problems with you double dipping.  I don't really even have a problem with that system, we need to keep our military and govt. officers well paid, when you're talking about the lines of work you're talking about.  Those benefits are REDICULOUS, man, lol.  You're doing good.  Mine don't stack up as well...

Free company vehicle
Free gas
Free phone
$14.00 a day meal allowance
Free Medical
Free Dental
$25,000 Life Insurance
Commission

Not too bad, though I guess.  I need to look into my retirement options, I haven't given much thought to that, other than to buy a 400 grand life insurance policy in the event I don't GET to retire.  LOL.  That's about the extent of the planning I've done, though, I need to pay off some credit card bills first.