Author Topic: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT  (Read 842 times)

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
Re: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 02:52:17 AM »
I fully agree with you.
I have major respect for LL, although I stopped buying his shit after "Mama Said Knock You out". I'm from the era when LL came up in the game and it's an unbelievable achievement to still be relevant after 20 years. LL was on top of the game, fell off, and came back. He won battles and lost battles, but LL is still here now and where is Canibus? Where is Moe Dee?
Out of respect I'll probably listen to his new shit, but I'm quite sure I won't buy it. Still, major props to Cool J ;).
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 03:29:03 AM »
i didn't even bother to listen to the album but i admire him for his longev. Goddamn, 20 years in the game (almost) 11 albums and still sellin like a muhfucka...impressive

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 02:52:14 PM »
Nah, def jam doesn't have to do anything to help him.  LL has tons of fans, older folks who've listened to him for years.  There's probably 500 thousand women in America who buy every album he puts out.  Maybe some of them haven't heard he's got a new album out yet, lol. 

That's great news for LL. He can still push units like anyone else.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 03:38:11 PM »
Cube from the same era, sold more and makes better music nowadays.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 04:22:38 PM »
yep, its not even debatable.

ll never put out bad albums until after mr smith.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 05:18:01 PM »
LL didn't even hit gold with his last album "10" and "G.O.A.T." only went gold. He hasn't been platinum since "Phenomenon". Props to LL though, he still one of my favorite MC's due to his early work since his "B.A.D." album was the first album I ever bought. He still drops hot tracks here and there.

P.S. Pac never sold until his demise? LOL! He went gold with his first album while he was alive and every other album he released during his lifetime went platinum.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 05:20:34 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004, 05:40:55 PM »
LL's shit is 10 times better than anything Ice Cube has released since 98
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2004, 06:02:58 PM »
LL's shit is 10 times better than anything Ice Cube has released since 98

I gotta go with my man on that one.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2004, 10:47:24 PM »
the war disc was better than any of ll's newer works, and cubes singles have been better as well.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2004, 08:13:33 AM »
cube got 6 albums out, not 11 and since the war disc came out he's been quite boring except a few tracks maybe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2004, 04:55:33 PM »
cube got 6 albums out, not 11 and since the war disc came out he's been quite boring except a few tracks maybe

8...You're forgetting "Kill At Will" and "Bootlegs & B-Sides"...Then you got the 2 WSC albums...Then the 2 NWA albums he was part of...All together, Cube has 8 solo albums and 4 group albums...Together that makes 12.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2004, 05:16:54 PM »
What about KRS? I know he never sold that much, but he's been releasing album after album since '87, and I think the count is up to like 13 albums, and I don't think he's ever released a complete flop, critically speaking. Besides going platinum doesn't mean shit to an artist's wallet. They make all their money off tours, and I've never seen LL sell out a football field. Unless your album went diamond you don't see that much money with out touring. Selling albums only means a bigger record contract.

So as far as longevity GOAT I'm going with Kris.

pappy

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2004, 08:51:54 PM »
since 99 both cube an LL have been equally as wack both having a few bright moments since than tho.  Question tech,  where did you hear Cube sold more cuz i could of sworn his tops sales wise is 2 million.  And LL's put up those numbers a couple of times.

pappy

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2004, 08:57:38 PM »
What about KRS? I know he never sold that much, but he's been releasing album after album since '87, and I think the count is up to like 13 albums, and I don't think he's ever released a complete flop, critically speaking. Besides going platinum doesn't mean shit to an artist's wallet. They make all their money off tours, and I've never seen LL sell out a football field. Unless your album went diamond you don't see that much money with out touring. Selling albums only means a bigger record contract.

LL = 85 an kris had a flop called spritual minded.  for the record tho... kris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LL

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2004, 11:17:13 PM »

LL = 85 an kris had a flop called spritual minded.  for the record tho... kris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LL

Okay one flop. Even as a devout christian I wasn't feelin most of that album. But LL's got a whole lot of flops. And 85 compared to 87 isn't that big a deal. It just means Rick Rubin found this guy instead of that guy. Now if Rick had went to South Bronx and picked up KRS then he would been around since '85.