Author Topic: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT  (Read 841 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2004, 03:20:47 PM »
"NWA & The Posse" is listed as NWA's debut album... ::)

Okay, where is this official list?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2004, 03:36:24 PM »
"NWA & The Posse" is listed as NWA's debut album... ::)

Okay, where is this official list?

Go into any record store...Look in the "Artist" section...Look under "NWA"...That album will be there!! :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2004, 05:56:15 PM »
What about the Beastie Boys? They don't have as many albums as LL but they have been dropping albums since 86 and everytime they do it's significant. 5 Boroughs was more significant than any LL album in the past couple years.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2004, 07:05:45 PM »
What about the Beastie Boys? They don't have as many albums as LL but they have been dropping albums since 86 and everytime they do it's significant. 5 Boroughs was more significant than any LL album in the past couple years.

i was just about to bring them up, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2004, 04:08:05 PM »
i dont like LL's new album.

btw, how many copies sold young buck in his first week? which was his best chart position though?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2004, 06:43:56 PM »
Newsflash: LL wouldn't have pushed 187,000 if he didn't have Timbo on the beat. That is a club song through and through. That chorus gets stuck in your head like a motherfucker.  I don't give LL ANY credit for this song blowing up, its all timbaland. You could have put any rapper on that song as long as you kept the beat and that hook, it would be blowing up.  LL figured the same thing out with 10. He had the neptunes do a couple of singles for that, and it resulted in sales.

I guess I shouldn't say I don't give LL any credit, he flashes his muscles and licks his lips every 3 seconds, and chicks dig that.  But as far as his lyrical prowess, it ain't the reason.

Too Short has had several gold albums and 3 or 4 platinum. On the intro of get in where you fit in he says "5 nationwide, 2 gold, 2 platinum, and that was clear back in what 93 - 94?.  Get in where you fit in went plat, I believe cocktails went plat. He's done his thing. Short ain't never had mind blowing lyrics, but he's put together dope albums.