Author Topic: KRS1 says WHY HE RAPS OVER so many WACK BEATs!  (Read 760 times)

wildgremlin

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
KRS1 says WHY HE RAPS OVER so many WACK BEATs!
« on: September 26, 2002, 09:37:29 AM »
saw this on another board and thought I would pass it on.

KRS1 EXPLAINS WHY HE RAPS OVER ALL THOSE WACK BEATS!!!SOMEBODY HELP HIM!!

YO, I WAS READING THIS INTERVIEW WITH KRS AND IN PART OF THE INTERVIEW HE TALKS ABOUT WHY HIS BEATS ARE WEAK AND HOW HE HAS NO SUPPORT FROM NO ONE. ALL YOU PRODUCERS OUT THERE NEED TO HOOK KRS UP WITH SOMETHIN CAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS HE'S LOOKING FOR HELP!

ThaFormula.com - Are you aware that most of the original BDP fans hear a big difference in the music and beats you have chose to perform your lyrics on over the past few LP’s and are either very disturbed, confused, sad, or all of the above?… And, is there anything you would like to say to the KRS-One fans that loved everything you made from 86-to-95 until somewhere between 96 and 2002? The fans that will always love you for what you have contributed to this art and this society, but wonder ‘why is he rhyming on those beats’ and ‘why would he ever work with a biter, a Hiphop enemy, like Puffy’?…

KRS-ONE - You are the 1%. And that 1% keeps changing… I have to compete; this is the whole real issue. People don’t want to ‘submit’, or give credit when it’s still fresh. The majority of the people have dissed everything I did when I made it. All of the records they call ‘classic’ now, where were they when I made ‘The Blueprint’, where were they when I made Sex and Violence? They said this and that, “Oh KRS, you’re being too preachy’… The real title of this interview should be ‘DO YOU RESPECT KRS-ONE OR DO YOU RESPECT KRS-ONE’S MUSIC’, that’s how I feel… I may not be able to continue my legacy as a classic Hiphop record maker. It’s like, either I get with the Neptunes and let them produce a hit LP for me or… I don’t know… I am not being supported. They (the 99%) are not spending on the soul music. So now it’s about the message.

ThaFormula.com - What about Premier and Pete Rock? A lot of your true fans (the 1%) think that your last classic LP in the tradition of classic BDP tradition was Return of the Boom Bap, which Premier worked on with you…

KRS-ONE - When I did Boom Bap, Premier was much less known and he charged about $5000 a beat back then. Now Premier charges $35,000 a beat. Everybody knows KRS-One never sold enough records to be able to afford to pay for beats like that. I feel like my hands and feet have been nailed to the cross… I might as well go and let the Neptunes produce for me…

ThaFormula.com - What if today’s future classic record producers, Hiphop’s current generation of tomorrow’s classic record makers, like People Under The Stairs, Stoupe (of Jedi Mind Tricks), J Zone or Edan came to you and said they wanted to ‘resurrect’ your legacy as a classic Hiphop recording artist?

KRS-ONE - I doubt they would care. I don’t think anybody cares. Call them and ask them. I bet they say no. But my next album, which will be titled the Kristyle LP, is about KRSs’ style, it WILL feature harder beats and it will prove a point. I might work with the Beatminerz, we’ll see…

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
Re: KRS1 says WHY HE RAPS OVER so many WACK BEATs!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 12:14:48 PM »
intersting...

I used to hang around B-boys when I started breakdancing that were something heavy into KRS1, personally I never liked him too much.

I dont mind listening to him but i would never purchase his shit. I feel ppl make more out of him 'as a legend that contributed to hip hop culture' than an artist. Personally I dont give two fucks about 'contributing to hip hop culuture'. I love the 4 elements because they're fun and I enjoy taking part BUT some ppl take it out of context about 'staying true to hip hop'. And those ppl listen to KRS1 and they turned me off on him.

:(

CITY I RIDE FOR...

wildgremlin

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 06:07:12 PM »
he needs some gangsta shit to rock over!

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 06:12:59 PM »
i think what krs needs to do is sign with a major label with some nice producers and let them let him do his own thing
aftermath, work with rza, bad boy, ruff ryders, timbaland and his label, so so def, murder inc, ill will recirds, tha row
peace

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 06:52:05 PM »
KRS 1 iz Church material he doesnt need to rap anymore

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 03:00:33 AM »
KRS 1 iz Church material he doesnt need to rap anymore

hehe
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 05:14:20 AM »
You guys are trippin.  I have all of his albums OG except his last two (got the rips.)  He is and always will be CLASSIC. He was the first rapper to be on the cover of his album holdin a gun.  1986, Criminal Minded.  I mean, c' mon.. is that not GANGSTA??

KRS One started that Gangsta Shit if you really wanna break it down.  Him and Scott La Rock on the cover holdin guns and bullet ribbins..  (KNOW ABOUT IT!)

I totally remember being in the Navy in 1991 and looking for this album on CD.  It hadnt yet been pressed up so I kept this album on the radar for like 3 years.. and finally ran into a CD copy of it in 1994.  Imma always support "Tha Teacha"

More info on his legacy:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?p=amg&sql=B92135

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2002, 05:28:51 AM »
he needs some gangsta shit to rock over!

Don't be stupid, that would be terrible. He needs more beats from producers like DJ Premier.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2002, 12:52:45 PM »

Don't be stupid, that would be terrible. He needs more beats from producers like DJ Premier.

yea
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
How much do these producers charge for beats...???
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2002, 03:42:15 PM »
...Premier was much less known and he charged about $5000 a beat back then. Now Premier charges $35,000 a beat.
DJ Premier charges $35,000 per beat?!? Holy crap, that's a lot of money!!!

Does anybody know how much other producers charge for their beats? For example, does anybody know how much Dr. Dre, Timbaland, or The Neptunes charge? (I'm also curious as to how much Mel-Man, Hi-Tek, Pete Rock, Cut Chemist, DJ Nu-Mark, Prince Paul, Dan "The Automator," Domino, and Jay Dee charge, just in case anybody here knows).

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2002, 02:23:56 AM »
I don't think his production is that bad, his production always suits his style imo. I think he's starting to feel pressured into doing what everyone else is doing nowadays though, which I hope he doesn't give into because he's always been the exception when it comes to hip-hop, he's always stuck to his roots and never strayed and I know that means weak sales but atleast he's being true to real hip-hop.

Hey, I don't know if y'all remember this but a few months ago, back when he was beefing with Nelly, he said in an interview that he might be hooking up with Dre, that would be a good move for his career I think, 'cos alot of younger fans still don't know who he is and given the chance I think he could make quite an impact on them, he got some party shit too ya know.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How much do these producers charge for beats..
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2002, 08:17:20 AM »

DJ Premier charges $35,000 per beat?!? Holy crap, that's a lot of money!!!

Does anybody know how much other producers charge for their beats? For example, does anybody know how much Dr. Dre, Timbaland, or The Neptunes charge? (I'm also curious as to how much Mel-Man, Hi-Tek, Pete Rock, Cut Chemist, DJ Nu-Mark, Prince Paul, Dan "The Automator," Domino, and Jay Dee charge, just in case anybody here knows).

i remember someone posted
dr. dre gets 250 000 per beat !
and dj premier just 35 000 ???
cant believe that..
anyone holla
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2002, 08:38:37 AM »
I don't think that Dre gets that much per beat.  I would assume that The Neptunes would charge the most for obvious reasons.  

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Dr. Dre gets a ¼ of a mil per beat?!?
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2002, 10:11:58 PM »
i remember someone posted
dr. dre gets 250 000 per beat!
???!!! Man, if Dr. Dre really gets that much, then...damn!!! :o

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2002, 12:43:28 AM »
yea

i dont know for sure !
but i really think i saw some shit bout this ammount some time ago...

Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent