Author Topic: - FUCKED -  (Read 755 times)

Trauma-san

- FUCKED -
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:15:53 PM »
Expert: Hair in Peterson boat consistent with Laci's
Wednesday, September 8, 2004 Posted: 5:41 PM EDT (2141 GMT)

REDWOOD CITY, California (AP) -- Two strands of dark hair found on Scott Peterson's boat could not have come from him and are consistent with strands taken from his slain wife's hairbrush, a prosecution expert testified Wednesday.

Karen Korsberg, an FBI trace evidence expert, took the stand as testimony turned to the hairs, a key piece of physical evidence to bolster the prosecution's contention that the boat was used to dispose of Laci Peterson's body.

Prosecutors say the hair found on the boat is significant because, they contend, Laci Peterson was never on the boat and was even unaware her husband had bought one.

Korsberg said her tests excluded the possibility that the hairs, found on a pair of pliers on the boat, came from Scott Peterson. She said they were consistent with the hair on his pregnant wife's brush.

Laci Peterson, eight months pregnant, vanished just before Christmas 2002 from the couple's home in Modesto. Her remains and that of her fetus were found on the shore of San Francisco Bay several months later.

On cross-examination, Korsberg acknowledged that she was unaware of a pubic hair collected from duct tape found on Laci Peterson's remains and never compared that to the samples she was given from Laci's hairbrush.

Korsberg said she forwarded the two hairs to another FBI lab for further testing, a technique known as mitochondrial DNA. Defense lawyers have attacked the mitochondrial testing, calling it the unreliable subject of "raging debate" among scientists.

Defense lawyers also have attacked the way police collected the hairs from the pliers. Detectives testified that they took one hair from the pliers, but months later discovered two strands inside the evidence envelope.

Sarah Yoshida, a state criminalist, testified Tuesday that she found no signs of blood or tissue on two pairs of Peterson's pliers seized by police, including the tool where the hair was discovered. Under cross-examination, she said the pliers were rusty and showed no signs of recent use.

Testimony on Laci tip
Prosecutors allege Peterson killed his wife in their Modesto home on or around December 24, 2002, then drove to San Francisco Bay and dumped her body from his boat. Peterson says he went on a fishing trip that day and returned home to discover that his wife was missing.

Defense lawyers contend someone else abducted and killed Laci, then framed their client after learning of his widely publicized alibi.

Also Tuesday, prosecutors presented evidence intended to bolster the prosecution's contention that police exhausted all leads in their investigation of Laci's disappearance. Two investigators said that they pursued a tip that Laci Peterson was being held in a rural area about 30 miles from her home.

Modesto police officer Eric Beffa testified about an anonymous tip police received in early January 2003, just weeks after the disappearance, that Laci was being held captive near Tracy, a suburb west of Modesto.

On cross-examination, defense lawyer Mark Geragos noted the tip also included mention of a van.

Neighbors of the Petersons told police they saw a "suspicious" van with three men in the area around the time Laci Peterson vanished. It's a detail Geragos has continually brought up as he works to create reasonable doubt.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: - FUCKED -
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:19:39 PM »
dont do the crime, if u cant cover it up

pappy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 10:35:57 PM »
throw the cock sucker away for life.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 10:56:59 PM »
you want to know something creepy?

scott peterson looks EXACTLY like my 6th grade teacher....and his name was mr. peterson. lol.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 04:03:22 AM »
who the hell are Scott and Laci Peterson? Random people?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 04:11:53 AM »
naww the guy a celeb i think

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 06:30:02 AM »
No he's not

He's just rich

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 06:47:19 AM »
Yeah, really nobody important.  The case gained national media attention whenever his wife went missing, pregnant, and the family spent so much time and effort trying to find her.  Her husband sold her car while she was 'missing' (why would you sell her car if you think she's coming back?), he had bought a boat and not told her about it, he had made some concrete weights in his garage, that were now missing, LOL I mean, the shit looked BAD.  Now they've found hair of hers, on the boat.

- FUCKED -

pappy

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 10:36:08 AM »
No he's not

He's just rich
he wasnt rich,  he was a your average shmuck.  He was a salesman for a living.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 11:38:45 AM »
Then how does he have Geragos as his lawyer?

And how did he have a boat?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!

pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 11:45:51 AM »
He's well off, but not mega rich

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cache:pHvpdVBIIh8J:abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/Scott_Peterson_040729-1.html+Scott+Peterson+money&hl=en
where in the article does it say he is well off.  the article said he was out money for legal fees.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 01:34:59 PM »
Because he hired Geragos in the first place.  Do you think Mark Geragos, Michael Jackson's original lawyer, is going to work for someone with nothing?  The article shows that DNA tests cost $10,000.  It's patently obvious that he had enough to pay Geragos, but now the costs are running too high for him.  He's probably spent about a million already.  And again, he has a boat.

Montana00

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 01:48:37 PM »
Am i missing something?

They found some hair from his WIFE's head in HIS boat.

If i had a family, and owned a boat. im 90% sure my wife would be on my boat once in awhile.

How is that evidence? Or am i missing something.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 01:50:28 PM »
He found hair in the boat, big deal. First of all, the hair wasn't pulled out violently or anything, it was just shed. It was his fuckin wife, I'm sure she was in the boat before and the hair could of fallen out at any time.

They have no concrete evidence, it's all circumstancial. Eventhough I feel he did it as well as everyone else does, they shouldn't convict him. He probably will though because the media made him guilty until innocent to begin with.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE