Author Topic: West Coast 2002.....  (Read 588 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: West Coast 2002.....
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2002, 07:49:39 AM »
It sure does feel a bit like we here are cowboys when the wild west era is over, riding to our final sunset...

But there's always tomorrow, always another sunrise. WC has serious potential to be big, Ice Cube just got back together with Dre to make an album when we all thaught he was just gonna act from now on, Crooked I is comin' up - loads of talent right there, more an' more rumors on a 213 album (sadly, just rumors), Snoop's got E-white & Soopafly under his wing, maybe Snoop himself will come back to his roots, there's always hope in Detox...

It's not that there wasn't talent on the west coast. The the Likwit Crew, all dem DPG's, Dre ain't retired yet, Xzibit still got time to get his act together, Tha Eastsidaz, all dem new cats comin' up...

But it's a raw game. It's a money game. It's about what appeals to the mainstream. It's like a rollercoaster - up, down, up, down & up again. When Chronic 2001 came out - that was another up. The next stage is a down. Right now I think we're coming to another up again, dem niggaz is gettin' hungry, dem niggaz is realisin' what's goin on. Right now they're working their way towards another peak. Comin' down is easy. When that happens, we look at the rise before us and feel like we lost. But now we're rising again. It starts out small, step by step. Occasionally we slip and slide down a bit. But we're gonna keep on tryin'. We're steady climbin' that hill. We don't even see the peak, but when we do, it'll give such a boost nuthin' will stop us. Oh yes, the west will be king of the hill once again. I think WC will give us a boost with Ghetto Heisman. Crooked I will give another.

I don't know when we'll be at the peak. Maybe it's when Detox comes out. Maybe it's when Cube's album comes out. Maybe it's when Snoop drops another album after Paid the Cost... Maybe it's when some dude we never heard of drops his first album. I don't when we'll be there, but I do know we eventually will be on top again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »