Author Topic: So, you think the media's not biased?  (Read 160 times)

Trauma-san

So, you think the media's not biased?
« on: September 09, 2004, 10:58:20 PM »
Funny shit: Dan Rather & 60 minutes have devoted 4 shows to this deal about President Bush being AWOL from National Guard duty.  They keep throwing it, but it won't stick, lol.  So, Bush released all of his records from his time in the Guard, everybody thought that was the end of that.

Anyways: Rather & Co. mysteriously get 4 documents that weren't in the stuff Bush released, and ran a big special on it Sunday night, right? The documents are from the 70's, and say things like Bush was released because he didn't take a physical, etc... 

So, the family of the guy who supposedly wrote all of the documents comes out and says 1. he wouldn't have wrote or kept anything like that, and 2. the wording is all wrong, he didn't talk or write like that, and 3. He had remarked to them before about what a great guy Bush was. 

Some net geek figures out that the font used on the papers, supposedly from the 70's, is actually a font that wasn't invented or used until Microsoft Word came out in the 80's... the line spacing is impossible on a typewriter, it has superscript not availiable on typewriters, apostrophes not available on typerwriters, basically, the whole thing was typed up in Microsoft Word. 

?

So, CBS is doing an 'internal investigation' since apparently THEIR WHOLE FUCKING STORY WAS FRAUDULENT.  LOL  They're passing it off as official documents from the 70's, printed up on Microsoft Word.  Brilliant.  Somewhere @ CBS, somebody's packing up their cubicle. 

Oh yeah, the media's not biased.  They're just to the point where they falsify and invent documents to slander the President of the United States. 

Trauma-san

Sikotic™

Re: So, you think the media's not biased?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 11:24:16 PM »
Of course the media is biased, they're human like the rest of us. It surprises me that Dan Rather is against Bush. Rather is a Texan afterall and most Texans are for Bush.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:35:58 PM »
I believe Fox News is admittedly Republican biased.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 03:30:23 AM »
All major news networks are incredibly biased. That's why its only OK to read news online on sites like the Christian Science Monitor, which is considered one of the most objective news sources today. It has nothing to do with Christian Science though, thankfully.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 08:26:53 AM »
^ man, it's not 'o.k.' to totally trust anybody's news, because it always has a slant.  ESPECIALLY the ones who claim not to have a slant, becuase they're telling you they're arbitrators of truth.  "The other guys are slanted, we're not" that tells me they're trying to tell me what's correct and what isn't.  Come on now. 

pappy

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 08:54:20 AM »
an like fox news you have them republican bias.  It goes both ways

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 11:59:39 PM »
 alot  more news outlets are more bias to the liberals, fox news is the only station i can think of that is bias to conservatives so in a way it correct for them to say "fair and balanced" watch some report on MSNBC then watch the same story on Fox news....and you can get the whole story,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 12:33:21 AM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 01:20:30 AM »
That's why anybody that gets their political news off of the TV is stupid as hell.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

pappy

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2004, 12:53:57 PM »
That's why anybody that gets their political news off of the TV is stupid as hell.

you gotta form you own opinion.  B/C even news papers are very biased.  Everywhere you go there is going to be a bias.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 02:23:47 PM »
yeah unless you're right THERE to witness shit , you got to rely on one form of news

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09