Author Topic: what was your reaction to 9/11  (Read 1314 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: what was your reaction to 9/11
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 08:14:04 PM »
Where was M Dogg... asleep with his girl until she heard the TV was too load next door so she made him get outta bed and ask the guy to turn down the TV, then he saw the second plane hit was like oh my god.

What did M Dogg think... oh shit, it's on and popping now. He couldn't believe that someone had done this, and was trying to figure out what to think for the whole day. As the day went on, and more information was found out, the first responds was, well, Afganistan has got to go, it will be a long and brutal war because the Afgans are a strong people that fought off every invader they've had, but we have got to win this war because killing that many people can't go unanswered.

What does M Dogg think now... Why in the blue hell are we in Iraq, I understand Afganistan, but Iraq seems to be a ploy since we can't catch a muthaphukka that's 6'10" and hooked to a machine.

Like Ice Cube said, on 9/11 niggaz got patriotic, on 9/12 I said fuck it nigga, blaze the chronic.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 08:36:23 PM »
Where was M Dogg... asleep with his girl until she heard the TV was too load next door so she made him get outta bed and ask the guy to turn down the TV, then he saw the second plane hit was like oh my god.

What did M Dogg think... oh shit, it's on and popping now. He couldn't believe that someone had done this, and was trying to figure out what to think for the whole day. As the day went on, and more information was found out, the first responds was, well, Afganistan has got to go, it will be a long and brutal war because the Afgans are a strong people that fought off every invader they've had, but we have got to win this war because killing that many people can't go unanswered.

What does M Dogg think now... Why in the blue hell are we in Iraq, I understand Afganistan, but Iraq seems to be a ploy since we can't catch a muthaphukka that's 6'10" and hooked to a machine.

Like Ice Cube said, on 9/11 niggaz got patriotic, on 9/12 I said fuck it nigga, blaze the chronic.

What's wrong with you? Why do you always refer to yourself in the 3-rd person???

I was totally shocked by this event. It was rainy in LA, and it made it all even more depressing. On this day a relative was also diagnosed with cancer. This day was one of the worst in my life. Rest in Peace to all the victims of the September 11 attacks of 2001
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

eS El Duque

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 09:04:57 PM »
The guys were happy in class? I'm surprised they didn't get murdered, I would have beat the shit out of them, and I'm not a violent person. 

It's canada, and the part I live in has a mosque/church/sikh temple alll 1-2 blocks away from each other. Plus, my school is like 85% east-indian/arab...not much you can do about it.

But the mosque got like burned down a couple of months later, but it's built up agian.

:-\

Thirteen

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 09:07:10 PM »
i had sent flowers home and had them delivered to my girlfriend that morning. she said that she was watching the news and she heard the doorbell ring. when she answered the door, there was the flowers, and she read the note where i said i was going to the gulf but i'd be allright... she told me she broke down crying...

on the ship we had to wake people up and we had a huge meeting, all we knew was that it was a terrorist attack and that loads of people were dead...and i still remember this one bitch named Bunton said "why the hell are we getting woke up when some people are dying over in New York?...i don't care about that shit" and the Chief cussed her ass out right on that spot...

i still remember when the cheif took leave back to the states after the war with afghanistan....he said there's american flags everywhere you look, shop windows, cars, houses.... he said it was beautiful how everyone came together even if it was just for a little while.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2004, 11:54:52 PM »
What's wrong with you? Why do you always refer to yourself in the 3-rd person???

Nah dogg, I never refer to myself in 3rd person. I just wanted to do something different with the post 'cause everyone knows it's a 9/11 post, and it's a very serious topic, and I wanted to post something a little lighter. After all, 9/11 was one of the few times I agreed with war, but since our lovely president has taken advantage of the situation, and that's way on the 3rd year, no one is really talking about it as much as they should, because everyone has cheapen the meaning. We are going to false wars, we have new enemies, and lost plenty of allies, and lost our own civil rights, all because people have taken 9/11 and cheapen it's meaning, made people afraid of their own shadow, their own neighbor. 9/11 was the most tragic day in the United States history, more so than any day they killed Natives, slaves or the civil war. On 9/11, thousands of innocent people lost their lives for reason they had nothing to do with, and it's our government's job to protect us from further damage, and to get the people responsible. The results was that, instead of our government taking care of us, they abused their power to take advantage of us. 9/11 is suppose to be a day of reflection, a day we look back and realize that the world around us is not as safe as we think, and it's time to move on to a future were we don't isolate people but try to do what's right for the world, because doing just for the United States has caused us great harm. But instead, people use 9/11 to scare us into obeying them. I sad day is now overexposed, our leaders took that and abused their powers and us. What was suppose to be, has now been cheapen.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2004, 11:56:34 PM »
i still remember when the cheif took leave back to the states after the war with afghanistan....he said there's american flags everywhere you look, shop windows, cars, houses.... he said it was beautiful how everyone came together even if it was just for a little while.

It should have been for longer.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 03:57:07 AM »
I was wondering how they were supposed to know that it was a so-called "bin laden" who was behind the attacks - especially when they, however, were not able to prevent those attacks. I thought that to be really weird from the moment I heard some dude say shit about Bin Laden just a few minutes after those attacks happened. after that, I was suprised of how many things around me referred to 9/11, although I wasnt even in the US.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2004, 05:54:49 AM »

Nah dogg, I never refer to myself in 3rd person. I just wanted to do something different with the post 'cause everyone knows it's a 9/11 post, and it's a very serious topic, and I wanted to post something a little lighter. After all, 9/11 was one of the few times I agreed with war, but since our lovely president has taken advantage of the situation, and that's way on the 3rd year, no one is really talking about it as much as they should, because everyone has cheapen the meaning. We are going to false wars, we have new enemies, and lost plenty of allies, and lost our own civil rights, all because people have taken 9/11 and cheapen it's meaning, made people afraid of their own shadow, their own neighbor. 9/11 was the most tragic day in the United States history, more so than any day they killed Natives, slaves or the civil war. On 9/11, thousands of innocent people lost their lives for reason they had nothing to do with, and it's our government's job to protect us from further damage, and to get the people responsible. The results was that, instead of our government taking care of us, they abused their power to take advantage of us. 9/11 is suppose to be a day of reflection, a day we look back and realize that the world around us is not as safe as we think, and it's time to move on to a future were we don't isolate people but try to do what's right for the world, because doing just for the United States has caused us great harm. But instead, people use 9/11 to scare us into obeying them. I sad day is now overexposed, our leaders took that and abused their powers and us. What was suppose to be, has now been cheapen.

I totally agree with you here... except where you say it was more tragic than the day they killed Natives, slaves, or the civil war.  Killing off an entire people is pretty tragic.  Treating people like animals for centuries (and it's still going down) is tragic.  Slammin' a plane full of civilians into a building full of more civilians is tragic.

Peace damnit!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2004, 05:58:16 AM »
wow.. as i come to think of it.. i just rember us being told in school.. yet we were not allowed to watch it on tv.. i just vividly rember english class, 3rd period, 9:11-9:57, these hand out were given out to the teachers, basically saying we were atacked.. the rest of the day i dont rember

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2004, 07:38:06 AM »

I totally agree with you here... except where you say it was more tragic than the day they killed Natives, slaves, or the civil war.  Killing off an entire people is pretty tragic.  Treating people like animals for centuries (and it's still going down) is tragic.  Slammin' a plane full of civilians into a building full of more civilians is tragic.

Peace damnit!

oh the events of slavery, and indian removal, and the civil war, they are were really tragic, but not in any single day did something as deadly as 9/11 happen. My grandmother is 100% native, and I can tell you, what was done to her tribe is beyond belief, but it happened over time. A nation of people reduced to 19 people in 1919, though there was no one day that everyone was killed, it was happening over time. On one day, thousands of innocent people died because we had a false sense of security, we thought we were untouchable, and we are not. With a day that everything changed, our leaders took advantage and cheapen it.

Read the sig and see what I think of 9/11 now.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2004, 07:54:45 AM »

Peace damnit!

oh the events of slavery, and indian removal, and the civil war, they are were really tragic, but not in any single day did something as deadly as 9/11 happen. My grandmother is 100% native, and I can tell you, what was done to her tribe is beyond belief, but it happened over time. A nation of people reduced to 19 people in 1919, though there was no one day that everyone was killed, it was happening over time. On one day, thousands of innocent people died because we had a false sense of security, we thought we were untouchable, and we are not. With a day that everything changed, our leaders took advantage and cheapen it.

I don't want you (or anyone else) to get it twisted... I feel the same way you do about the pimpin' of the 9/11 tragic events that is going on by the US government to create fear and submission of the American people.

But as to the killing of people in a single day as opposed to over time... let us look at the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan.  I don't know the number dead in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but I'm sure it is way higher than the 3000 (or so) we lost on 9/11.  Most of those people were civilians too.

Shit is deep... I'm glad we talking about it.

Peace  8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 02:48:19 PM »

Peace damnit!

I don't want you (or anyone else) to get it twisted... I feel the same way you do about the pimpin' of the 9/11 tragic events that is going on by the US government to create fear and submission of the American people.

But as to the killing of people in a single day as opposed to over time... let us look at the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan.  I don't know the number dead in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but I'm sure it is way higher than the 3000 (or so) we lost on 9/11.  Most of those people were civilians too.

Shit is deep... I'm glad we talking about it.

Peace  8)

I did say in America, but it is true, the Atomic bombs killed way more than 9/11. And the A-bombs hit large targets, they are something that Japan will never forget, and we would forget for doing. As the old saying goes though, Karma is a bitch, and 9/11 I feel is our wake up call, it was suppose to tell us that we are getting arrogent, we need to change who we are. You know the rest.. lol. But yeah, I know where you coming from. In world history, many events compare, or surpass 9/11 in terms of impact in death, the Atomic Bombs, The Night of Broken Glass, and many more.

Woodrow

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 02:51:13 PM »
As the old saying goes though, Karma is a bitch

LOL

And to think you're gonna be a college graduate.

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »
Even Worse, he's going to be teaching our children the bullshit

1. he didn't learn
2. his twisted logic comes up with
3. his political party supports

you know, all the various niceties about how us getting bombed by terrorists, and our children wives and businessmen burning to death in crumbling buildings is a 'wake up call' because we're 'arrogant'. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2004, 05:11:33 PM »
As the old saying goes though, Karma is a bitch

LOL

And to think you're gonna be a college graduate.

actually I did graduate and I am working for the San Bernardino County Schools now.

And Trauma, why was the Twin Towers targeted, and it's not because of their size. What have we done to other countries in the past to deserve this, other than train the terriorist that attacked us, funded governments that we eventually overturned and take a day that was worst the bloodiest day in this countries history, and used that as a political tool to control the people, to take away their rights and take advantage of their weakness. And if you look closely, that's what they did to you, and to the rest of the United States.

What did I not learn. I learned a lot. Considering that I came for a shitty ass high school to graduate from a high regarded college says I must have learned something. My logic doesn't seem twisted to me. It makes sense when you realize that on the other side, people are not evil, but think of themselves as a people fighting against the greatest power in the world, who they consider evil. Now when I teach, I will not teach in a liberal manner for a few reasons, one, I believe in giving people every angle I can put out there. So it's like having MSNBC and Fox News in one classroom. Two, this country is built off capitalism, and I actually agree with it. And three, I hated when teachers used to push their politics and religion in my high school classrooms, even if I was a Christian, so I am not pushing my politics and my religion to my students.