Author Topic: I finally make an anti-capitalism post  (Read 181 times)

Trauma-san

I finally make an anti-capitalism post
« on: September 11, 2004, 09:23:15 PM »
Alright, just to show I'm very balanced, I'm actually going to make an anti-capitalism post.

Now, generally, I believe that businesses should be able to do whatever they want whenever they want to make money, with little restriction from the government.  I gotta throw a red flag up on this one, though.

They're buidling a Wal-Mart @ Teotihuacan.

Yes, you heard me correct, they're building a Wal-Mart on an ancient Mexican archaeological site.  I don't know what the fuck they're thinking, or who said this is cool, but destroying ancient, Pre-Aztec ruins so you can put a Wal-Mart RIGHT THERE is rediculous.  They're actually building it on the edge of the site, but during construction, they found a small buried altar.  LOL Wal-Mart's solution? Since it's going to be in the parkinglot, they're going to cover that area of the parking lot with plexi-glass, so you can see the altar.  I am not fucking kidding you.  They're building a wal-mart, around an altar @ Teotihuacan in Mexico. 

On one hand, I see Wal-Mart's dillemma, they've already committed millions of dollars to this, but sometimes enough is enough.  They need to move the fuck down the road a little bit. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: I finally make an anti-capitalism post
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 09:46:36 PM »
Wal Mart made like 250 billion last year I think they can afford to lose a few mil on one store in Mexico not going up. I'd like to see Toyota attempt to build a car plant over the land where the trade towers used to be, and see how well that would go over. There are some things that just aren't neccessary, and building over ancient ruins is one those things.

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 10:31:41 PM »
There are some things that just aren't neccessary, and building over ancient ruins is one those things.

agreed

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 11:39:06 PM »
I can't agree more... good damn. And I shop at Wal Mart too. Fuck that though, if they are gonna build on Aztec ruins, then there has to be a boycott.

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 12:09:06 AM »
I think they can afford to lose a few mil on one store in Mexico not going up.
Who are you to tell somebody how much money they can/can't make?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 01:54:24 AM »
God damn, i really find it hard to believe they can do shit like that! it's like selling the Mona Lisa to 50cent so he can hang it in his garage. fuckin ridiculous; i can't believe that land isn't protected by the Mexican government. People should be outraged! if i were living in Mexico city, i would get a group of people to go and burn down the wall-mart!!!!!!!!!!!!! burn the wall mart!!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 03:40:10 AM »
wal mart is a shady fucking company

you know how wal mart got so big?

they went into small communities with their "we sell everything , but cheaper" approach and forced all sorts of businesses out of business. then after driving all the businesses out , they raised their prices

then once they became this POWER they started demanding that their suppliers sell to them cheaper than their suppliers sell to other places. you'd think that "oh this is why wal mart is rolling back prices all the time" or "it's just a good business fighting for the consumers" but what wal mart is/was doing (i don't know if they're still doing this) was keeping their price relatively the same even though they were getting a deal from the supplier......more money for wal mart. also the reason why the suppliers didn't/don't refuse to sell to wal mart is ......wal mart is their biggest customer

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 04:01:50 AM »
My area needs a fuckin Wal-Mart, why don't they build one here instead of tearing down ancient sites.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 04:48:03 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK... like seriosly..

Montana00

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 05:19:56 AM »
lmao plexiglass.

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 06:16:22 AM »
you guys hear how vermont declared itself a hitorical monument just so that wal mart can never build a store in that state? over in my area we're fighting 2 super walmarts, i think the one city lost and they going ahead and knocking down a mall to build one

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 08:04:25 AM »

Where did I say this? I merely implied that if they chose to pull out they would lose an insignificant amount of money. It wouldn't even put a small dent in their bank account. I never told them not to make money, or even not to build the store. I just said it wasn't neccessary, and I'm sticking to it. This doesn't mean I'm going to make a personal enemy out of them.

Next time you respond with stupidity, get your facts straight.

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 12:27:28 PM »

Where did I say this? I merely implied that if they chose to pull out they would lose an insignificant amount of money. It wouldn't even put a small dent in their bank account. I never told them not to make money, or even not to build the store. I just said it wasn't neccessary, and I'm sticking to it. This doesn't mean I'm going to make a personal enemy out of them.

Next time you respond with stupidity, get your facts straight.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 12:34:29 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know where you come from, but where I'm from stating something wouldn't hurt doesn't mean you have to do it. I'm not telling Wal Mart not to do it. I'm just sayijng if they didn't go through with it it wouldn't hurt. If this were a new company that had it's future based on this deal then I wouldn't say a thing.

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2004, 01:08:01 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know where you come from, but where I'm from stating something wouldn't hurt doesn't mean you have to do it. I'm not telling Wal Mart not to do it. I'm just sayijng if they didn't go through with it it wouldn't hurt. If this were a new company that had it's future based on this deal then I wouldn't say a thing.
And I'm saying, who are you to tell a company what to do? How do you know this wouldn't hurt walmart? Have you done research into your statement? Have you looked at both sides of the issue? Do you think walmart just put this store there so they could loose money? Do you own stock in walmart? If not, where do you get off telling them what they should/shouldn't do?