Author Topic: military-style assault weapons will be legal in america as of midnight tonight  (Read 571 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
US assault weapons ban to lapse
A ban on military-style assault weapons in the United States lapses on Monday, 10 years after it was passed.
The move means that ordinary citizens will be allowed to keep powerful assault weapons in their homes.

The ban was passed by President Clinton in 1994 after a series of shootings in US schools and fast food restaurants.

Lifting the ban has been a key aim of the powerful, pro-Republican gun lobby and its demise comes just weeks before the US presidential election.

President George W Bush has said he supports the ban but he has not pressured Congress to extend the prohibition.

Unless Congress renews the ban, it will end at midnight.

Election issue

Polls show the majority of Americans support the ban and several police chiefs have expressed concern over its repeal.

ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN
The 1994 bill bans the manufacture of 19 weapons, including those pictured above
Copies or duplicates of the weapons are banned
The law also prohibits features such as folding stocks, pistol grips and flash suppressors
Anti-gun activists say that, by making changes to these features, gun makers have continued to make arms nearly identical to pre-ban models

The Democratic Party's presidential candidate, Senator John Kerry, says he will make it an issue in the November elections and hold the president accountable for betraying police officers.
The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says Mr Kerry, who is falling behind in the polls, has seized on the issue as a possible vote-winner.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) called Mr Kerry "the most anti-gun presidential nominee in United States history".

The ban covers 19 different types of military assault weapons, including AK-47, Kalashnikov and Uzi rifles, as well as high-capacity ammunition magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

In order to get the measure through Congress, Mr Clinton agreed to demands for a vote to be held after 10 years to confirm the ban.

However, Republicans, who now control both houses of Congress, have refused to schedule such a vote.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/americas/3644044.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

lil layzie

• 'G'
  • lil layzie
Crazy shit....

Trauma-san

We *NEED these guns for all those Deer with bullet-proof vests on. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
We *NEED these guns for all those Deer with bullet-proof vests on. 

I have actually seen them... the are crazy... then they charge you with there horns... crazy ass shit.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
"We *NEED these guns for all those Deer with bullet-proof vests on." 

lmao 

tommyilromano

Damn, I wish I lived in the States right now.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
don't u just love the power of the gun lobby in america.

thankfully here in england even handguns are illegal eversince dunblain when some crazy cunt shot up a school 10 years ago!

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Montana00

If i was old enough i'd buy an assault weapon.

i'd go to firing ranges and shoot it off.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
why do u need one? yes it maybe fun to have that much power in your hands but not everyone is responsible with them and there is absolutely no need for american civillians to own them.

i guess you gotta wait for another tradegy before you guys will come to your senses

Woodrow

why do u need one? yes it maybe fun to have that much power in your hands but not everyone is responsible with them and there is absolutely no need for american civillians to own them.

i guess you gotta wait for another tradegy before you guys will come to your senses
So YOU think there is no reason to own these weapons, that makes it truth?

Have you done any research into the ban? Do you know what kind of weapons it banned? How do hand guns have anything to do with assault weapons?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than all my of my guns.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
AK-47, Kalashnikov and other improted weapons are still gunna be banned though.

So only the really big players are gunna be the Mack 10s, Tech-9s, Colt AR-15s(M-16), and of course the MA-75 Assault Rifle/Gernade Launcher.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 03:44:03 PM by Machiavelli »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
wow, i want to go shoot some deer with a grenade launcher

760Li

*Waits for a drive-by.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
No animal will be able escape the wrath of my Tech-9 and Mack 10.  :scarface:

The forest is not safe from this guy... ha ha ha ha

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

So YOU think there is no reason to own these weapons, that makes it truth?

Have you done any research into the ban? Do you know what kind of weapons it banned? How do hand guns have anything to do with assault weapons?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than all my of my guns.
gun laws are much stricter here hence less gun crime and less need for armed trigger happy police. what is your justification?