Author Topic: U.S. considers military attack on Iran, let the countdown begin..  (Read 1273 times)

Jome

U.S. considers military attack on Iran, let the countdown begin..
« on: September 16, 2004, 05:35:45 PM »
This is why:

Parchin, Teheran

The possibilities for attack and dates are being discussed in Washington.
American nuclear expert David Albright says "Parchin could be a place where nuclear weapons are being developed, tested and researched".
Bush said on a earlier point that "We can not tolerate that Iran makes nuclear weapons"
Targets in Iran is already being scheduled and planned, and co-operation with Israel is being considered. (Israel is also a nuclear power)

U.S. came to agreements with U.K., France, Germany about a resolution about Iran's nuclear program.
31st of October is being mentioned as a deadline for Iran to co-operate, and allow even more inspections.

Source: VG/NTB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This smells Iraq a mile away..
How many months left, I say.. co-operation or not.  :-\

mauzip

Re: U.S. considers military attack on Iran, let the countdown begin..
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 05:39:10 PM »
Attacking Iran was one of the reasons for invading Iraq.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 05:43:52 PM »
ok lets take bets ... i say.. right before election.. and if hes president.. god help iran

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 05:56:27 PM »
The thing is this. Invading iran wouldnt be as easy as invading iraq.

It sucks to be in the position of president nowadays. I would never be it. Nuclear and terrorism threats everywhere.

How long do you wait before you stop a country from becoming a nuclear threat?

wait too long and you are critized for letting the worst happen. Attack too soon and be critisized for attacking a defenseless country.

let's see how this one plays out. hopefully if this gets worse, countries back us up.

This is the world we live in....

pappy

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 06:00:25 PM »
LET the countdown to the draft begin

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 06:00:38 PM »
you see... i don't think they will invade iran... not yet at least... they'll probably just attack some targets :)

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 06:01:52 PM »
Well if Iran is only starting to build, then the US will just bomb the plants.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 06:13:12 PM »
China, France, England and the United States all have nukes. We should get rid of all of their weapons first, especially the U.S., since they have been showing a very agressive nature as of late. On the real, what are we afraid of. We viewed the Soviet Union as a greater threat than this little countries. If they lay on nuke, then we'll have them a black waste field in a matter of minutes. They know that. Iran well not attack the U.S. Bin Laden did because he knew we couldn't find him. It's like Saddam, he would have never attacked us because he had too much to lose, and he lost it. His sons, his mansions, his country. Now his in jail, aging very fast. Iran is the same way. And the political make up of Iran is not stable anyways. I mean, they have young college students protesting for democracy. They will fit themselves, why indanger more American lives just because we are scared of a threat that is not there.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 06:32:43 PM »
you really have fucking no clue what you're talking about. remember the last iranian elections??????????????????????????

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 06:44:06 PM »
More billions towards useless warfare HORAAAAAAAAAY!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Immortal

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 07:02:54 PM »
i think Iran will really get involved in this with the US, possibly start involving neighbouring countries as well, this move would startle the Arab nations, and in time oil-rich nations would begin to invest their oil into Euros. America's casualties would increase dramatically...I don't like the sound of this....

THe only reason i dont want america to get involved in the war is since im in Canada and our economy is dependant on US...time to immigrate to Sweden or Switserland or Norway or Finland....
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »
This is a bullshit post, wherever you grabbed it from.  The quotes are obviously translated out of another language, and talks in Washington of invading Iran would be the first thing John Kerry would be talking about right now on the campaign trail, if they were true.  Conclusion: They must not be true, or they'd be talking about it everywhere. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 08:15:10 PM »
you really have fucking no clue what you're talking about. remember the last iranian elections??????????????????????????

M dogg just explained to you what the situation is and you respond with a useless question?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jome

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 08:41:57 PM »
This is a bullshit post, wherever you grabbed it from.  The quotes are obviously translated out of another language, and talks in Washington of invading Iran would be the first thing John Kerry would be talking about right now on the campaign trail, if they were true.  Conclusion: They must not be true, or they'd be talking about it everywhere. 

Far from bullshit.

Yes, it's translated from Norwegian, from a very credible newspaper, and the information is brand new.
I cut out the yada yada babbling, and kept the important parts, obviously not in a journalistic language.

What strikes me, is that I almost never see a lot of this news on CNN, it's like they're holding certain news back on purpose.
The Iran resolution news ticked in 1 hour before the thread was made, so I can understand that they were late on that one though.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 09:15:46 PM »
i'd be against this war, no reason to war, strong arm them into submission like Libya , but not another war

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09