Author Topic: Suga Free - Thinkin video on BET!!  (Read 238 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Suga Free - Thinkin video on BET!!
« on: September 18, 2004, 01:41:02 PM »
Damn, I had no idea that they were doin a video for Thinkin, but I see it on BET right now. I don't know what show this is, but its 1:45 daytime on a Saturday. LOL the video looks a bit low budget but it is funny. Got Money Mike in it.

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
Re: Suga Free - Thinkin video on BET!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »
They're playing him on BET The Next?

http://www.bet.com/Music/BET+The+Next+Package.htm

http://www.bet.com/Music/BET+The+Next+Suga+Free.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&Referrer=%7B73FDBD0B-3DCF-400A-9D67-C754E86C3BD3%7D

BET: The Next - Suga Free
By BET.com Staff

Who: SugaFree became a hip-hop legend for creating a style that others could not produce. During the era when it was fashionable to rap about gang banging and the gangsta lifestyle, the artist from Pomona gave sermons through his rap lyrics regarding livin' life, pimpin, and hustlin'. SugaFree set himself apart from other rappers through his use of obscure phrases and words that created his own rhythmic pattern and brought a new style of hip-hop to the game.

Today, SugaFree stands as one of hip hop's most important, yet underrated rappers of his time. His debut album served as a roadmap for the development of hip-hop's new groundbreaking style: the combination of pimpin and music. In 1997, SugaFree, with the assistance of hip-hop legend DJ Quik, sent shock waves through the rap industry with his debut single "If You Stay Ready" from his first album, "The Street Gospel." His lyrical differences were remarkable and immediately evident. With his innovative new style, SugaFree was able to sell close to 280,000 copies with limited exposure.

SugaFree continued to appear on the albums of many notable artists such as: DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Tha Eastsidaz, and E-40, for the next five years.

But SugaFree has always been much more than a pioneer of a new style of rap. He has been a revolutionary in changing the game and stretching the walls of hip-hop. Each of his songs contains a piece of his vision of how everyday life can really be if everyone would just take care of their shit.

Now in 2004, "The Pomona King," (Suga Free) with the ingenious production talents of Big Saccs& DJ Quik, will present to you through, Laneway Records/ Bungalo Records and distributed by Universal Music & Video Distribution, " The New Testament." Included in this media packet is the first single off of Suga Free's sophomore album, "Angry Enough".

Single: "Angry Enough"

Album: The New Testament

Release Date: Out Now!

This week's BET: The Next can be seen....... [Pacific Time]

September 18: 1:30PM
September 20: 11:00AM
September 25: 1:30PM
September 27: 11:00AM
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 02:02:12 PM by Raiders4Life »

quik4life

• 'G'
  • I'd rather be dope than use it! - DJ Quik
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 03:02:27 PM »
damn...thats sick...

its about time they gave love to some "underground" westcoast artists...

now if we can only get "Thinkin" on 106andPARK!!!!!!!

az
One nuts, two nuts, three un four
Then I wake up in the morning and I bust two more
Cus that's the freak in me, and yes I'm very doggy
Playin with your coochie till it's nice and soggy
--DJ Quik--

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
West Coast creepin on a come-up...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 10:39:54 PM »
that show has been givin some exposer to westcoast artists like they had sly boogie and murs and some other peolpe I cant remember

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 10:42:26 PM »
that show has been givin some exposer to westcoast artists like they had sly boogie and murs and some other peolpe I cant remember

Visionaries, Ozomatli and Sly Boogie too.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 03:42:11 AM »
That's cool 8)

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 01:26:48 PM »
about fuckin time they dropped a video 4 this shit, when did the album come out april?

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 03:18:43 PM »
thats tite.. i havnt seen the video yet so hopefully they play it again