Author Topic: The devolpment of Democracy... U.S. helping or hurting  (Read 109 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The devolpment of Democracy... U.S. helping or hurting
« on: September 20, 2004, 04:20:34 PM »
I have to say this, if you look through out history, we just fucked over Iraq's chances for a democracy for at least 30 or 40 years. In Afganistan, I can honestly say we did what anyother country would do. If a group knocked down towers in Germany, what would Germany do, or France, or Russia, they'd go after who did it. We did just that. But with Iraqi, we fucked up everything. There is a certain cycle countries go through for democracy. We are seeing in China, capitalism is starting to take form, in Cuba the people are just waiting for Castro to die, in Spain when Franco died in 1975, the Spanish set up a democracy so fast, Vietnam Capitalism is forming there too, and we are trading with them. The Soviet Union fell and Russia is working on it's democracy and capitalism. East Germany couldn't handle Communism no more and all of Germany became one. France, it took them many tries to get democracy right, but they ended up doing well. The bottomline, is that with the exception of Japan, which the United States handled very carefully after making them uncontitionally surrender, every single democracy that has worked has been put in by the people themselves. I hate to say it, but Iraqi's democracy will fail. I am not rooting for that, I think Democracy is the best form of government. But any government that the people don't put in, fails. Look at Latin America, all the confusion there, why? Because our government specialized in overthrowing governments there that we didn't like, and replacing them with governments we wanted by force. So instead of the people there having working democracy's, they have crooked democracy's that will eventually be replaced by revolution, which is happening in some Latin American countries. We talk about Iran. The only way Iran will have a working democracy is by putting it in themselves. People can't wait for the process, but it is well worth it. There are many people in Iran that protect the current government, and even with fixed elections, the people will have their will done. We think that a great power can hold down a people. But we forget our history comes from us rebelling against the greatest power of it's time, and having a bunch of ragged tagged soldiers fighting against the great army and navy in the world. We overcame the odds because you can't force something on a people that don't want it forced. In Vietnam, we killed so many people, we killed a million more than they killed us, and we still couldn't get our way. Russia lost to Afganistan, even though it was a powerful army, why, because Afganistan did not want to be defeated. There is no way on paper should Vietnam and Afganistan beat the U.S. and the U.S.S.R., but it happened. We can't force governments on to people. That is the listen through out history. Why do people think we can changed this. One exception does not rewrite history at all.