Author Topic: Record Sales...Sept 22/04...  (Read 443 times)

infinite59

Re: Record Sales...Sept 22/04...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 09:42:20 AM »
That's a clever marketing strategy being used for Nelly's new album(s).  Whoever thought of that, just set a new trend, kind of like 2pac did when he dropped All Eyez On Me, and then everybody started dropping double albums. With internet piracy and bootlegging, double-albums don't work anymore because they are too expensive.  Now Universal has came up with an even better way to boost their profits.  They promoted both albums at the same time, released them on the same day (to save overhead on promotion), and then put out 2 records instead of one and probably generated almost double the record sales.  I'm no Nelly fan, but that is an excellent marketing strategy. 

-

Jome

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »
That's a clever marketing strategy being used for Nelly's new album(s).  Whoever thought of that, just set a new trend, kind of like 2pac did when he dropped All Eyez On Me, and then everybody started dropping double albums. With internet piracy and bootlegging, double-albums don't work anymore because they are too expensive.  Now Universal has came up with an even better way to boost their profits.  They promoted both albums at the same time, released them on the same day (to save overhead on promotion), and then put out 2 records instead of one and probably generated almost double the record sales.  I'm no Nelly fan, but that is an excellent marketing strategy

Mac Dre beat him to the idea..
Uhhmm, except that Mac Dre sold double zinc, and Nelly is soon multi platinum.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2004, 12:08:30 AM »
wasnt Outkast near Diamond or somethign? what happened there?

-KIDRENEGADE-