Author Topic: 6 in 10 pakastiani's belive suicide attacks are justified, think higly of Osama!  (Read 461 times)

Woodrow

Small minority?

http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=48306&cat=Asia

Six in ten Pakistanis have come out in support of suicide attacks against "enemies" of Islam.

Going by a report prepared by the Washington-based PEW Research Centre, though most people in Muslim-dominated nations are divided over violence against civilian targets, 41 percent of those interviewed in Pakistan said it was justifiable in the defence of Islam.

According to the Daily Times, which quoted the report extensively, 47 percent of the Pakistanis said that Palestinian bombings against the Israelis was justifiable, while 36 percent said it was not.

Six in 10 older Pakistanis said that the suicide attacks against American troops in Iraq was correct, compared with the 44 percent of those who are younger saying it was not.

In Pakistan, there was also a significant gender gap in attitudes toward suicide attacks, with men roughly twice as likely as women saying that violence against the Americans and other Westerners in Iraq is justifiable.

Surprisingly however, Osama Bin Laden is viewed with almost universal disdain throughout Europe and Turkey, but regarded favourably by 65 percent of the Pakistanis polled. (ANI)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

These polls are fake!!! Don't you know it's all a conspiracy by the Jews?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
thats not nice on their behalf

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well, sucks of course, but this coming from a bush-supporter is hypocrisy. I assume at least 5 of 10 americans are going to vote Bush, so we have approximately the same percentage of ppl who suck.

:P@smerlus
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
its not suprising that the pakistani head of state has had few assination attemps due to his un popular hard line on extremists, you have to take in context tho they say the attacks against israel are justified which i am inclined to agree with considering israel has made no real effort towards peace, and against american troops in an unjustified war although more so in that case terrorist attacks are only likely to prolong the occupation.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

well, sucks of course, but this coming from a bush-supporter is hypocrisy. I assume at least 5 of 10 americans are going to vote Bush, so we have approximately the same percentage of ppl who suck.

sorry i can't post my opinion here due to my racism against the aforementioned persons

Woodrow

So in your crazy little mixed up mind, you equate bush with osama bin laden.  :D

Wow, and it's the Americans who have the poor educational system.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^of course not really, Im damn sure if you was a muslim living in palestina you'd be the first one to hail bin laden and support suicide bombers.
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

its not suprising that the pakistani head of state has had few assination attemps due to his un popular hard line on extremists, you have to take in context tho they say the attacks against israel are justified which i am inclined to agree with considering israel has made no real effort towards peace, and against american troops in an unjustified war although more so in that case terrorist attacks are only likely to prolong the occupation.

Why are you still posting here? I've shown you and the board time and time again that you aren't on the same intellectual level as the people that post here. Why do you feel the need to keep embarrassing yourself? Here is some advice: Do a search for "K - 12 social studies" and perhaps you could find people to talk to who won't realize you're adult old with no grip on reality.

I'll address the first part of your post due to the fact that you aren't smart enough to understand it in the first place. You show your ignorance/anti-Semitism in the second half of your moronic post by saying that "Israel hasn't tried to work towards peace"

Why is a hard line against extremists unpopular?! I've been hearing in the news that Muslim extremists were a fringe, unpopular group who the vast majority of Muslims didn't support. If this is true, why do 6 outta 10 people in Pakistan support them? Why is it when somebody tries to crack down on these extremists, they are viewed as unpopular?! Perhaps these extremists aren't really that extreme in the Islamic world. Perhaps this kind of thinking is becoming the norm? That’s a problem. Does that make sense? (Somehow I doubt it will Forrest)

Woodrow

^of course not really, Im damn sure if you was a muslim living in palestina you'd be the first one to hail bin laden and support suicide bombers.

If it's "of course not really" then why did you type it in the first place? Don't try and weasel your way out of your own words.

If I was living in Palestine, I'd wonder why people were sending 18 year old girls past the tank in my front yard, through a military checkpoint, to a pizza hut to blow up children. I'd also wonder why my own government couldn't properly provide the necessities of successful city management. I'd wonder why there was such a culture of intolerance and violence around me, and I'd wonder why religion encouraged and supported that culture.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 6 in 10 pakastiani's belive suicide attacks are justified, think higly of Os
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 08:36:59 AM »

If it's "of course not really" then why did you type it in the first place? Don't try and weasel your way out of your own words.

If I was living in Palestine, I'd wonder why people were sending 18 year old girls past the tank in my front yard, through a military checkpoint, to a pizza hut to blow up children. I'd also wonder why my own government couldn't properly provide the necessities of successful city management. I'd wonder why there was such a culture of intolerance and violence around me, and I'd wonder why religion encouraged and supported that culture.

I dont weasel my way out of shit. I said it's approximately the same percentage of suck.. that doesnt mean they suck equally hard. My point just was that the stuff that is done under Bush is far from right as well - still a lot of ppl support it, hell even re-elect him again - and youre one of them.

Concerning the other stuff you wrote.. you can ask similar questions now too - being an American. So what's the deal homie? I do it for you..

If I was living in America, I'd wonder why everybody owns several guns they dont need at all. I'd also wonder what the fuck my government is thinking while they practice this unacceptable ironically so-called patriot act. Further, I'd wonder what the fuck is up with the Person who's leading my country lying to me. To me and my family, me and my homies, me and the whole country, me and the whole fucking world. I'd wonder why blood is shed in the name of my country for nothing. I'd wonder how this President is still in office, when a much better President was almost put out of it because he had Sex. Moreover, I wonder how everybody seems to forget about domestic issue the government fucked up as long as terrorist stuff is in the news 24/7 and FBI Agents control my bags. And much more.
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

Re: 6 in 10 pakastiani's belive suicide attacks are justified, think higly of Os
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 09:08:02 AM »

I dont weasel my way out of shit. I said it's approximately the same percentage of suck.. that doesnt mean they suck equally hard. My point just was that the stuff that is done under Bush is far from right as well - still a lot of ppl support it, hell even re-elect him again - and youre one of them.

Concerning the other stuff you wrote.. you can ask similar questions now too - being an American. So what's the deal homie? I do it for you..

If I was living in America, I'd wonder why everybody owns several guns they dont need at all. I'd also wonder what the fuck my government is thinking while they practice this unacceptable ironically so-called patriot act. Further, I'd wonder what the fuck is up with the Person who's leading my country lying to me. To me and my family, me and my homies, me and the whole country, me and the whole fucking world. I'd wonder why blood is shed in the name of my country for nothing. I'd wonder how this President is still in office, when a much better President was almost put out of it because he had Sex. Moreover, I wonder how everybody seems to forget about domestic issue the government fucked up as long as terrorist stuff is in the news 24/7 and FBI Agents control my bags. And much more.

For a moderator, you sure get off topic a lot. If you would care to take your points to another topic, I'll address them there. It's funny you still compare America to the terrorists even tho you just claimed you didn't do that.

6 in 10 pakastiani's belive suicide attacks are justified, think higly of Osama bin laden.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:14:22 AM by Woodrow »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 09:30:33 AM »
I dont think it's really off-topic. It just shows other perspectives, and comparisons. I mean, seriously.. if you want to keep it exactly on-topic, all the answers you are supposed to receive would be like:
Reply 1: "Oh, damn, Ive never though that. 6 out of 10 is pretty much. Boohoo... they are so bad people. How can they support such an horror? I cant believe it."

Reply 2: ^^^Agreed.

Reply 3: :(

Reply 4:
"Oh, damn, Ive never though that. 6 out of 10 is pretty much. Boohoo... they are so bad people. How can they support such an horror? I cant believe it."

Reply 5:  :-X

if that's want you wanted this topic to be like, then, more power to you. I prefer discussions.

..and for the record Im a good moderator. I never close something because I dont agree with a thread, or because someone dissed me. I have no problems with might (and therefore randomly do shit) or something. I never insult people with obvious insults. I have a formal style of writing without a shitload of typos. Other moderators on the board never get shitted on, no matter what they do or what they post. (except jome). So just leave me alone when it comes to this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 09:32:10 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 10:54:43 PM »
My rhymes will expose George Bush and Bin Ladin// as seperate parts of the same seven headed dragon....Immortal Technique. Hhmm i jus felt like posting that, dunno why

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004, 01:38:15 AM »
Once again I can't blame them. When people are upset with the way things are going they tend to side with rebellion.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE