Author Topic: Ralph Klein (Alberta Conservative) has some words on John Kerry  (Read 197 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Ralph Klein (Alberta Conservative) has some words on John Kerry
« on: October 03, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »
Klein doubts Kerry would re-open border to beef
CTV.ca News Staff

Alberta's Premier has some choice words for U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry. Ralph Klein called the American Democrat a "protectionist" for supporting Washington's ban on live Canadian cattle.

Klein concluded that if John Kerry becomes the next American president, he'll likely keep the U.S. border closed to Canadian beef.

In April, Kerry and several other Democratic senators signed a letter calling on Washington to maintain the status quo.

Kerry last publicly weighed in on the mad cow crisis in an article in the journal, Nature. In it, the U.S. politician accused current U.S. President George Bush of not doing enough to keep the U.S. beef supply safe. But Kerry didn't touch the border issue.

Speaking to reporters outside an Alberta cattle show, Klein said he hopes Kerry won't be introducing any formal legislation to enforce his own views on the Canadian beef industry.

"With politicians, sometimes what they say before an election and what they do after are two entirely different things," Klein said. "Unless you're talking about me."

Klein also says the continued U.S. trade ban has more to do with politics than with health or science. The mad cow crisis was triggered by a single case of BSE in a northern Alberta cow.

The premier added that he doesn't know where U.S. President George Bush stands on the issue. Bush had mentioned in the past that he believes Canada and the U.S. should resume trading beef and cattle with each other.

Bush's administration partially re-opened the border last September, allowing in beef from cows younger than 30 months of age.

It's not believed Washington will make any moves on the mad cow issue until the American election is over.

Meanwhile, Finance Minister Ralph Goodale sat down with U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow on Saturday.

Goodale told Snow that a fear of lawsuits shouldn't affect the border re-opening. "There has been some discussion that if the United States would take steps to open the border, there would immediately be legal proceedings by certain (U.S.) interests and that process could then tie up the border-opening process," he said late Saturday.

Goodale added that he thinks his point registered "very well" with Snow. The minister also said there was no justification for keeping the border closed.

"It's an issue that should have been resolved a long time ago," Goodale said.

With files from the Canadian Press

For the most part, I agree with him.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Re: Ralph Klein (Alberta Conservative) has some words on John Kerry
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 03:14:12 PM »

with Klein or Kerry?

Its supposed to be Free Trade.  Same shit keeps happening with the Softwood Lumber dispute in BC, American govt puttin a ridicoulous tariff on BC lumber.  And if Mad Cow is wiped out in Canada....there should be no reason to block the export of cows to the States
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 03:18:04 PM »

with Klein or Kerry?

Its supposed to be Free Trade.  Same shit keeps happening with the Softwood Lumber dispute in BC, American govt puttin a ridicoulous tariff on BC lumber.  And if Mad Cow is wiped out in Canada....there should be no reason to block the export of cows to the States

With Klein, one of the greatest politicians to ever grace North America (IMO). It's pretty fucked how Canada keeps getting screwed with the NAFTA. Softwood and beef are 2 of Western Canada's most plentiful products. This hurts their economy.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 06:53:10 PM »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 11:15:55 PM »
I support all that free trade shit.  If the beef is cheaper, let me buy it.  I don't care where it comes from.  I'm also not afraid of one cow who died from mad cow disease, out of millions consumed a year... as a matter of fact, I made a point to eat MORE hamburgers when all that was going on, just to be spiteful. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 09:19:07 PM »

with Klein or Kerry?

With Klein, one of the greatest politicians to ever grace North America (IMO). It's pretty fucked how Canada keeps getting screwed with the NAFTA. Softwood and beef are 2 of Western Canada's most plentiful products. This hurts their economy.

Ralph Kelin one of the greatest politicians to ever grace North America???  :P
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 09:22:34 PM »

with Klein or Kerry?

Ralph Kelin one of the greatest politicians to ever grace North America???  :P

You don't like Ralph Klein? He eliminated Alberta's debt which was insanely high to become the only debt-free province. He's done an excellent job, he should have ran for Prime Minister. He's easily on the better politicians I've seen, he follows up on his promises.

Plus he's a damn snappy dresser :P

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 09:24:48 PM »

Anyone who dresses that cool and follows up on his promises is good in my books. ;D

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 09:33:11 PM »
Nah nah its not a personal thing with the alcoholic bum smacker, i mean kudos on the debt free shit (all that oil must of helped no?)
but one of north americas greatest? Dont know about that buddy boy.

ps, i hear alberta is the only mouse free province in canada, i think on the radio or something.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 09:37:09 PM »
Nah nah its not a personal thing with the alcoholic bum smacker, i mean kudos on the debt free shit (all that oil must of helped no?)
but one of north americas greatest? Dont know about that buddy boy.

ps, i hear alberta is the only mouse free province in canada, i think on the radio or something.

Yeah the oil definetly helped but it was Klein's intelligent way of applying it properly fiscally that helped to eliminate the debt. The Federal government could really learn something from it. Maybe one of the greatest is an exageration. Definetly on the best Premiers to grace Canada.

And thing about the mouse is strange, I'm interested to read more on that.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 10:29:18 PM »
It was the only RAT-FREE province.  But they just found some rats.  They think if they can contain them until november/december, the winter weather will kill them.  But if not, they'll have some rats.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 04:11:23 PM »
^ cool, ey Suga Foot, whats the deal on that Concise album? It dropped already?

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 10:10:27 PM »
October 12th 

I did an update on Dubcnn on the album.  Its about half way down the front page.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 01:18:21 AM »
It was the only RAT-FREE province.  But they just found some rats.  They think if they can contain them until november/december, the winter weather will kill them.  But if not, they'll have some rats.

Lol, if i read this out of context, i would think you've gone mad
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)