Author Topic: My end of the week album reviews  (Read 683 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: My end of the week album reviews
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 02:11:15 PM »
^ did i say that.. y would u infer.. did i say we should CUT ANYTHING OFF.. NOOOOOOOOO i said maybe add 2 or 3 more tracks.. but i get wat u mean... cause a lot of cds around that time were the same lenghth just shorted but more songs

Sorry for the confusion. I never meant to imply that you would want sthortened versions of the classics on that cd, I just wanted to express how much I would dislike them if they were to be shortened. I jusy don't think there would be anymore room on the record for more tracks.

SGV

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 07:04:35 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 08:59:35 PM »
lol. i gotta listen to "Wish You Were Here" goddamnit, i got the feeling i'm missin out on sth....

You are.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 09:50:04 PM »
Yea.. so ima be switchin up albums every week.. and i decided to write reviews at the end of the week...

THE BEATLES - SGT.PEPPER`S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
Basically, this album is very dope. yet overated. it is praised as one of the best albums ever... and i just dont see it.. i like most of the cd.. but some of the lyrics are just childish.. the music is amazing throught the album... "a day in the life" fuckin incredible.. im addicted to that shit.. just sick.. if the whole album was like that then id have no complains.. but as it stays.. umm.. about 8.5/10
Led Zeppelin - IV
In-fucking-credible... 8 tracks is its only downside... every track is sick.. only track i was feelin less then the rest was "rock & roll".. and thats cause those fuckin comercials murdered this song... Stairway is just classic... battle of evermore is amazing... and when the levee breaks my 3rd fav... 9.5/10 (2-3 more tracks would have been sicker)
Jimi Hendrix -  are you experienced
Im not gonna lie.. out of all the albums, i was feelin this one the least.. not wanting to take anything away.. im just not into his style.. his guitar skills are purelly incredible.. and he doesnt have an accent, so i can understand all his words.. very good album... just not really my style. 7.5/10
THE BEATLES - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
Another beatles album... and i love it... very wierd selection of songs.. seems to go from serious to silly... great album.. 8/10..

You've got to understand with Sgt. Pepper's, much of it's appeal is that nothing had been done like that up until that point.  It was very, VERY revolutionary, and changed the face of popular music forever.  Think about it; pop music that is out NOW has it's roots in that album... the way they sing, the way songs are structured, the topics, etc.  I suggest you check out the White Album next, it's a very interesting album. 

eS El Duque

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 11:46:04 PM »
The white album is the shiiiiiiiit! i listen to the whole album at least once a month.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 08:48:10 AM »

parece

Are you Latino man?

naw, but i lived in Spain for some time, so i speak spanish...well, not perfectly but quite well...and i also speak spanish and italian at home, so those languages are always stuck in my head and sumtimes affect my posts lol

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 10:19:48 AM »
isnt there a board for album reviews? ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 10:22:51 AM »
that section is dead btw.. nobody post in there..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2004, 11:12:19 AM »
yeah, no need to move this...even tho nobody gives a fuck ;)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 06:59:58 PM »
I disagree with you on the beatles, but whatever.  If you havent already, listen to these albums. The best songs are in ()

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Paranoid,War pigs, iron man)
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland (Vodoo child, all along the watchtower
Jimi Hendrix - Are you experienced? (Purple haze, Hey joe, foxy lady)
The Doors - The Doors (The end, Light my fire, Break on through)
The Doors - La woman(Riders on the storm, la woman)
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffitti (Dont expect a IV type album, nothing compares.)

i could go on....

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 07:06:49 PM »
The Doors: LA Woman is the best of all those albums he just listed, great album.  I love "The Cars Hiss By My Window", it's one of my favorite Doors songs.  They say Jim never would have been able to sing another album after that one, he was already losing his voice on it, it's got a real meaty throaty quality from the drugs and drinking.  Great album.   

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004, 07:13:18 PM »
yea i just downloaded a couple doors albums yesterday.. i watched the movie with val kilmer.. but i was always intrested in their music.. ill peep it wen i get a chance... btw pet sounds is dope as fuck.. chillin.. im addicted to "wouldnt it be nice" and " i guess i just wasnt made for these times"

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2004, 07:21:05 PM »
Well, when you're ready to get even MORE into it, start listening to how everything's produced.  That's where Brian's real genius comes in.  For instance: "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is based on ACCORDIONS.  Yes, that's right, he wrote the song for Accordions.  You can hear them playing all through the song... the beauty of it, though, is that I'll bet you never NOTICED there are accordions in the song.  Why? ... because it sounds so fucking good, you're more caught up in the vibe of the song than how he actually did it. 

At what point in your career, do you get the idea to make a song, and immediately the suggestion of recording it on ACCORDION pops in your head? And not just 1 accordion, no, MANY, MANY accordions.  It's like an Accordion symphony.  LOL. 

Then, at the end of the song, when they're saying "Good Night, Baby, Sleep Tight, Baby", TIMPANI come in.  Now; it's not enough that you wrote a song full of Accordions, then covered them up with pianos and guitars... now you get the bright idea, that the ending is perfect, except it needs TIMPANI.  So Brian hires a Timpani player, and hauls full size Timpani drums from an orchestra into the recording studio, for just a few lines of the end of this song.  I'm telling you, this guy is fucking INCREDIBLE.

On top of that, you've got the lyrics, the guy is telling his girl how great it will be when they get married, so they can sleep together.  By the end of the song, he's saying "Good night baby, sleep tight baby"... so he's there with her @ a bed... are they married, or is he just imagining what it will be like when they do get married? 

In case you haven't noticed, "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is my favorite song, by anybody, any band, any time, bar none.  Greatest song ever recorded, in my opinion. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004, 07:24:02 PM »
" i guess i just wasnt made for these times"

The strange instrument playing the solo is a Theremin; it's the same instrument that plays the crazy melody in the hook on "Good Vibrations"... the guy recorded these two parts on the same week.  Not only is "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" the first use of a Theremin in recorded music, the guy playing it on the album INVENTED the fucking thing, it's some kind of ribbon controller that modifies a sound wave... and Brian decides to put it on a song as a solo. 

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004, 07:36:22 PM »
Well, when you're ready to get even MORE into it, start listening to how everything's produced.  That's where Brian's real genius comes in.  For instance: "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is based on ACCORDIONS.  Yes, that's right, he wrote the song for Accordions.  You can hear them playing all through the song... the beauty of it, though, is that I'll bet you never NOTICED there are accordions in the song.  Why? ... because it sounds so fucking good, you're more caught up in the vibe of the song than how he actually did it. 

At what point in your career, do you get the idea to make a song, and immediately the suggestion of recording it on ACCORDION pops in your head? And not just 1 accordion, no, MANY, MANY accordions.  It's like an Accordion symphony.  LOL. 

Then, at the end of the song, when they're saying "Good Night, Baby, Sleep Tight, Baby", TIMPANI come in.  Now; it's not enough that you wrote a song full of Accordions, then covered them up with pianos and guitars... now you get the bright idea, that the ending is perfect, except it needs TIMPANI.  So Brian hires a Timpani player, and hauls full size Timpani drums from an orchestra into the recording studio, for just a few lines of the end of this song.  I'm telling you, this guy is fucking INCREDIBLE.

On top of that, you've got the lyrics, the guy is telling his girl how great it will be when they get married, so they can sleep together.  By the end of the song, he's saying "Good night baby, sleep tight baby"... so he's there with her @ a bed... are they married, or is he just imagining what it will be like when they do get married? 

In case you haven't noticed, "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is my favorite song, by anybody, any band, any time, bar none.  Greatest song ever recorded, in my opinion. 
i guess i got good taste then  :D.. no but the thing about that song.. the music i like.. but the lyrics are fuckin incredible.. esp since im kinda goin through that shit.. so it "hits close to home"... and their voices are awesome....