Author Topic: My end of the week album reviews  (Read 660 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
My end of the week album reviews
« on: September 24, 2004, 05:46:11 PM »
Yea.. so ima be switchin up albums every week.. and i decided to write reviews at the end of the week...

THE BEATLES - SGT.PEPPER`S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
Basically, this album is very dope. yet overated. it is praised as one of the best albums ever... and i just dont see it.. i like most of the cd.. but some of the lyrics are just childish.. the music is amazing throught the album... "a day in the life" fuckin incredible.. im addicted to that shit.. just sick.. if the whole album was like that then id have no complains.. but as it stays.. umm.. about 8.5/10
Led Zeppelin - IV
In-fucking-credible... 8 tracks is its only downside... every track is sick.. only track i was feelin less then the rest was "rock & roll".. and thats cause those fuckin comercials murdered this song... Stairway is just classic... battle of evermore is amazing... and when the levee breaks my 3rd fav... 9.5/10 (2-3 more tracks would have been sicker)
Jimi Hendrix -  are you experienced
Im not gonna lie.. out of all the albums, i was feelin this one the least.. not wanting to take anything away.. im just not into his style.. his guitar skills are purelly incredible.. and he doesnt have an accent, so i can understand all his words.. very good album... just not really my style. 7.5/10
THE BEATLES - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
Another beatles album... and i love it... very wierd selection of songs.. seems to go from serious to silly... great album.. 8/10..

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My end of the week album reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 02:56:03 PM »
i guess nobody gives a fuck

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »

bez

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 05:38:01 PM »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 05:48:12 PM »
i guess nobody gives a fuck

parece

...no i just didn't feel like replyin lol. But i'd rate all except the LedZep a bit higher, especially Hendrix, even tho i understand u personally ain't really feelin it...but actually it's easily a 9/10 or more

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 06:42:46 PM »
Check out some of Hendrix's others, that's not his best IMO. Electric Ladyland, Axis Bold As Love, First Rays Of The Rising Sun (I think that's what it's called) and Band Of Gypsies are all better in my books.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 03:09:15 AM »
The Pink Floyd albums you have are better...Rate those.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 03:14:19 AM »
^i listened to dark side of the moon... the music is amazing.. but i think all those extra shit he adds is uneccasary... like if ur high i bet its dope.. but.. just listening.. im like i want music!!!...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 03:17:54 AM »
^i listened to dark side of the moon... the music is amazing.. but i think all those extra shit he adds is uneccasary... like if ur high i bet its dope.. but.. just listening.. im like i want music!!!...

What extra shit? Everything is perfect...Make this week "Pink Floyd week"...Sit back, and listen to "Dark Side of the Moon", "Wish You Were Here", and "The Wall" on repeat...Then come back to me with a review...Shit is all classic.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 03:20:59 AM »
i like beatles more....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 03:27:34 AM »
i like beatles more....

You've only heard "Dark Side of the Moon"...DO WHAT I TELL YOU, DAMNIT!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 03:30:32 AM »
Love, love, love.
Love, love, love.
Love, love, love.

There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done.
Nothing you can sing that can’t be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
It’s easy.

Nothing you can make that can’t be made.
No one you can save that can’t be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
It’s easy.

All you need is love.
All you need is love.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.

All you need is love.
All you need is love.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.

;)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »
lol. i gotta listen to "Wish You Were Here" goddamnit, i got the feeling i'm missin out on sth....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 09:54:30 AM »

Led Zeppelin - IV
In-fucking-credible... 8 tracks is its only downside... every track is sick.. only track i was feelin less then the rest was "rock & roll".. and thats cause those fuckin comercials murdered this song... Stairway is just classic... battle of evermore is amazing... and when the levee breaks my 3rd fav... 9.5/10 (2-3 more tracks would have been sicker)

I'm not sure how you would expect 2 to 3 more tracks. This wasn't made for CDs. It was made for LP vynil records. They can only hold so many minutes of audio. This album is actually longer than most ablums from that time period. Keep in my that there are 6, 7 , and 8 minute songs on this album, and no song is under 3 minutes, with two of them being closer to 5 minutes. This album is not too short, and I wouldn't dream of cutting out a few minutes off of Stariway, just so I could have another song.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 09:58:04 AM »
^ did i say that.. y would u infer.. did i say we should CUT ANYTHING OFF.. NOOOOOOOOO i said maybe add 2 or 3 more tracks.. but i get wat u mean... cause a lot of cds around that time were the same lenghth just shorted but more songs