Author Topic: What did you think of the debate?  (Read 577 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
What did you think of the debate?
« on: September 30, 2004, 07:41:43 PM »
Just finished watching.

I'm sorry, but Kerry is a (massive cliche) flip-flopper.

"The war in Iraq is the wrong war to be fighting."

"I would have invaded Iraq, but the President went about it the wrong way."

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. We needed to disarm him."

He said each of these 2-3 times.

Bush was stumbling on his words a bit, but overall he's one of the most improved politicians I've ever seen in respect to public speaking.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

Re: What did you think of the debate?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 07:45:05 PM »
kerry won the first round

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 07:46:54 PM »
kerry won the first round

You think so? Didn't seem like a clear winner in any part, no real knockout punches.

Kerry needs to pull a Reagan in the next debates to have a chance at winning.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 07:47:17 PM »
didn't see it...i got this mexican buddy who's really into politics (goes to those leadership confrences in washington and europe every year)...he says Kerry won

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:48:47 PM »
i dunno... its easy to point fingers and thats what kerry was doing.. and bush was defending himself well cause at the time, kerry voted for all the shit

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 07:50:10 PM »
Just finished watching.

Bush was stumbling on his words a bit, but overall he's one of the most improved politicians I've ever seen in respect to public speaking.

You're not following up those statements with his explanations. He said based on the intellegence, Saddam was a threat and he needed to disarm. I don't see that as flip-flopping.

The main thing I saw flip flopping were the words of Bush whenever he stumbled them. He was on the defensive as well. Kerry brought up facts, Bush had to defend himself.

Kerry did good, but he still needs to do better if he wants a chance.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 07:52:56 PM »
Just finished watching.

You're not following up those statements with his explanations. He said based on the intellegence, Saddam was a threat and he needed to disarm. I don't see that as flip-flopping.

The main thing I saw flip flopping were the words of Bush whenever he stumbled them. He was on the defensive as well. Kerry brought up facts, Bush had to defend himself.

Kerry did good, but he still needs to do better if he wants a chance.

Well then Kerry needed to be more clear. Had he recieved the same information that Bush did (and he did, that's why he voted on it) how can he say both that based on the info given they should have attacked, and that it's the wrong war? If I was Bush and I recieved the information, I'm sorry but I don't see how you can not attack. I'm sorry I'm against the war, but that's because I am not the person who has to make the decision.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 07:55:38 PM »
One more thought.

It wasn't a real debate, it was mainly them just explaining their positions. I do have to give the moderator thumbs up for actually allowing 30 second debate intervals, but it still wasn't a real debate.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:57:54 PM »
Sorry to post 3 times in a row ;D.

The Daily Show is doing a special coverage in like 2 minutes, I suggest everyone watch it.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:58:54 PM »
one thing i really liked was in the begining of the election was when kerry mentioned we have to improve relations with muslim community around the world.  A lot questions,  bush answered with indirect answers.  Kerry really didnt say much in total but bush didnt say anything.  I wouldnt call tonight a KO for kerry.  But i still think he won this round of the debates.

pappy

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 08:01:17 PM »
Sorry to post 3 times in a row ;D.

The Daily Show is doing a special coverage in like 2 minutes, I suggest everyone watch it.

i have it on

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 08:09:48 PM »
Kerry did A LOT better than I expected.

If I had 10 points to give out, I'd give Kerry 6 or 7, and Bush 3 or 4.

No doubt in my mind Kerry won. Seemed like Bush ran out of shit to talk about 3/4 the way thru. It's not like Bush did a bad job, but there wasn't really an "Oh Snap" moment. It just seemed like he re-iterated the stuff he's talked about in the past.

Kerry was portrayed as inconsistent, but that’s nothing new. Even tho Kerry won, I doubt it changed many people’s minds.

One thing Kerry said that was really wack, was the "depends on the outcome" answer regarding the war and the worthiness of it. Also, it was funny when he went after the president on the war, when he voted for it.

Oh well, There are 2 more debates...

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 08:16:50 PM »
I've still got my $$$ on Bush tho.

Mondale vs. Reagan 2.0

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 08:23:07 PM »
i thought it was funny at the end when they were talking about n korea and bush responded with an answer about iraq.

EDIT: and that cant touch this shit is fucking annoying how do i turn it the fuck off?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 08:25:48 PM »
why do i hear MC hammers - cant touch this.. wen i go into this thread.. lmao