Author Topic: What did you think of the debate?  (Read 578 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What did you think of the debate?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2004, 01:10:32 PM »
Bush stuttered.....ok whats your point.

I having never done a debate, think its probably extremly hard to do that. You dont know the questions before hand, and you have to basically think of everything on the spot....and there is a time limit.

Im sure the deabtes arent an easy thing to do so im not going to critisize either side for how they acted.

Kerry did make some good points, but some of his points contradicted himself either from his previous statements or from his voting in the senate.

but i dont really judge a president by the debates. Kerry made it seem like when he gets in office everything is going to change instantly....good luck with that.

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 02:28:37 PM »
I think Kerry looked much more presidential than Bush as well. Doing this  ::) and sighing whenever your opponent says something you disagree with is not something the leader of a powerful nation should be do

Bush will come back much more prepared.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2004, 08:13:26 PM »
what does it matter bush stuttered? he always stutters when he's talking in public.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2004, 05:16:26 PM »
Listened to the debate on the Radio. Could not see thier reactions, but heard that Bush played the camera much better like White Boy said. From what I was able to take in, Bush got beat pretty bad. I don't know how many fucking times I heard Bush say Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time. It got played out hard, and made it look like he had nothing else to lean on but Kerrys lack of support for the war BUSH started. I'm a republican, and it pained me to watch Bush get schooled. I just don't think either man is fit to run the country. :(

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2004, 09:31:18 PM »
I watched the debate.  I think Kerry did much better than I thought he would.  The most memorable part of the debate was when the moderator asked Bush if Kerry had any character flaws that would keep him from being an effective president.  The reason this question was asked, was because many, many people such as Rush Limbaugh have constantly harped on how Kerry doesn't have the character to be president, how he's a liar, it's a character trait, he's a gigalo that marries rich women, etc.

Bush's Answer? I could have predicted it for you, but he said something to the effect of "I respect Senator Kerry for serving in the armed forces to help protect our country; I respect Mr. Kerry as a father, and I appreciate how kind his daughters have been to my daughters, the campaign I'm sure has been tough on both of our families with their fathers running for office; I respect Mr. Kerry's 20 years he has served in the senate" and kept it polite and civil, and even laughed with Kerry about his daughters.  He didn't say 1 negative thing about Kerry when he was asked point blank to say something negative about him. 

THAT is why you guys are 100 percent off base with your opinion of George Bush.  Face it: He's a nice guy.  All the evil yall attribute to him is nothing but bullshit insecurity from young, immature minds that are a poor, poor judge of character, even when it's obvious. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2004, 09:35:25 PM »
Oh, and about who won.  Kerry won, although the simplicity of the things Bush said simply couldn't be defended against in many cases.  Kerry said he would form a strong coalition to win the war, but as Bush said 100 times, how can you convince people to come join a war that you claim is the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time? How can you convince people to join you in what you call a 'diversion'?  There is NO defense against that argument; it's a perfect argument.  Bush had several of these that night.  Kerry is a very good speaker, though, and did a good job defending himself... the shocking thing was that Bush schooled him on the North Korea portion of the debate, in my opinion, and clearly was more familiar with the situation. 

What is Bush's weakness?  The War In Iraq.  He survived this debate; the next debate is on economic policy, and Bush will destroy Kerry on the subject of taxes.  Kerry wants to raise taxes, Bush wants to lower taxes; case closed. 

Woodrow

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2004, 09:42:54 PM »
He survived this debate; the next debate is on economic policy, and Bush will destroy Kerry on the subject of taxes.  Kerry wants to raise taxes, Bush wants to lower taxes; case closed. 

Yep. Like I said before, it's gonna be a Regan vs Mondale 2.0...

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2004, 12:58:32 AM »
THAT is why you guys are 100 percent off base with your opinion of George Bush.  Face it: He's a nice guy.  All the evil yall attribute to him is nothing but bullshit insecurity from young, immature minds that are a poor, poor judge of character, even when it's obvious. 

LMAO You expect him to go all out and shit on the guy during a debate that the entire world was watching? I am sure Bush is a really cool dude if you were to get to know him on a personal level, but what he said at the debates about Kerry proves nothing about his character. It was all show.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2004, 09:23:15 PM »
Me and my friends smoked some chronic and laughed at Bush
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2004, 10:35:31 PM »

you're busy with politics when you're smoking weed?  :sign_werd:

dexter

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2004, 10:37:35 AM »
Bush was awful.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 04:13:11 PM »

you're busy with politics when you're smoking weed?  :sign_werd:

I dont gather all my neighbourhood chums on the occasional friday night to smoke weed. Im what you call, a Certified Smoker. Only thing I havent done high is pray.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2004, 04:14:20 PM »
^ y not

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2004, 04:20:40 PM »
Cmon man, you cant pray high. Thats the only thing. Ive pissed high, shit high, fucked high, worked out high, write essays high etc etc

- Lewis Carroll

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2004, 04:21:44 PM »
why not.. i mean if u can be high all day.. why cant u pray high?