Author Topic: Two of my friends died in a car crash this afternoon  (Read 910 times)

Sikotic™

Two of my friends died in a car crash this afternoon
« on: October 02, 2004, 12:53:46 AM »
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3778134/detail.html

High School Football Players Killed In Crash
Vehicles Crash On La Tuna Canyon Road

POSTED: 4:01 pm PDT October 1, 2004
UPDATED: 11:36 pm PDT October 1, 2004
LOS ANGELES -- Two high school football players were killed and a classmate remains in critical condition after a crash Friday afternoon involving a pickup and a car.SLIDESHOW: Two Die In Truck-Car Crash

The crash occurred in Sun Valley, northwest of Burbank. Firefighters and police at the scene said a street race might have led to the crash on La Tuna Canyon Road.

Authorities said two football players from Village Christian High School were killed. They did not identify the victims.

A father of one of the victims, a 17-year-old, said he had dropped his son off at school Friday morning.

"It's a tragic loss for parents, for a school, for a church," the father said. "I know everything he did and the things that his friend who died with him did will live on. He stood for a lot of good things."

Police said three high school students in a red Chevrolet Camaro were apparently racing a Ford F-150, also driven by a Village Christian High School student. Authorities said the driver of the Camaro lost control and struck a Toyota pickup truck that was not involved in the race. The crash happened at about 2:15 p.m.

Officers believe the Camaro was doing at least 90 mph when it crossed a yellow divider line and slammed into the Toyota.

Two passengers in the Camaro were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Camaro was hospitalized. Authorities said he was in critical condition.

"This is a tragic loss of human life," said Capt. Greg Meyer. "These are high school students. They are on the football team. They were supposed to be playing tonight in their football game and be cheered on by their friends. Instead, two of them are dead, one is critically injured, and we don't know his future at this point."

Firefighters used an extraction device to reach the motorists.

The pickup truck driver involved in the head-on crash also was injured. Meyer said he is expected to recover.

Police said the other motorist involved in the race left the scene. Authorities have not located the vehicle, which was described as a tan Ford pickup truck with mag chro

me wheels. It was last seen going east on La Tuna Canyon Road.

"This is a message we've been trying to get across -- speeding in The Valley can kill you. Racing in The Valley can kill you," Meyer said. "I can't overemphasize what a tragedy it is to have these young people lose their lives over nothing more than showing off."

Superintendent Dr. Ronald Sipus said the school system will continue to address the issue of safe driving. He said the students were "good kids" who "simply made a bad choice."

"I can't imagine what these parents are going through," he said. "All I can say is that we have and will take an even stronger position on this issue of driving. I would encourage any young person out there -- particularly those who think nothing is going to happen to them -- to look at what just happened."

Sipus said the students were driving back to the school to prepare for Friday night's game against Pasadena Poly in Granada Hills. The game was cancelled.

Los Angeles City Councilwoman Wendy Greuel represents the area where the crash occurred.

"These tragic deaths that occurred this afternoon in the San Fernando Valley remind us that street racing is not a game or a movie," she stated. "Illegal street racing terrorizes our neighborhoods and kills our children."

The fatalities were two of three during a deadly Friday on Southern California streets. In less than six hours, three people died in apparent street-racing-related crashes, authorities said.

The first was reported at 8:47 a.m. at 2925 N. Sierra Madre Blvd., in front of Pasadena High School. It took the life of back-seat passenger Cindi Masiel Urcuyo, 19, of Pasadena, the only one of five car occupants not to be wearing a seat belt.

She was identified by David Campbell of the coroner's office, which attributed her death to massive head trauma. Pasadena police said the two cars that collided were eastbound on Sierra Madre Boulevard when the wreck occurred.

Witnesses told police that the cars might have been racing.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

Re: Two of my friends died in a car crash this afternoon
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 12:57:50 AM »
And what the fuck did Chris and Nick die for?

For a cause?

For some reason?

No, over some stupid mindless bullshit. When will people open their eyes and realize that the car is the one with the power, not the man driving. I know the driver who survived, and I wish him the best of luck too. I couldn't imagine being in the position he is in for the rest of his life.

But that fucking dickless piece of shit coward who saw the accident take place but continued to drive off, I hope he burns in hell. What a fuckin coward. I know who that guy was too. The police arrested his bitch ass for leaving the scene of the accident which he did participate in. Fuck that fool.

Anyways, life is precious y'all, don't fuck it up over some nonsense like what they did.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 01:05:35 AM »
damn... good luck with that man...

r.i.p.

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 01:17:48 AM »
Damn...I saw this on Fox 11......I feel for ya.....RIP

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 01:20:28 AM »
Don't worry about me, I couldnt imagine how their family are feeling right now, especially the parents. They were suppose to graduat from highschool too this year and they fuck their lives up like this.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 01:24:53 AM »
^^^ Yea, i felt sad looking at one of the boys dad at the scene, he was looking all confused and in denile, kinda made me wanna cry....

Floydness

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 01:45:07 AM »
im really sorry about ur friends... :-\ :(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 01:45:24 AM »
Everytime I hear about something like this, it makes me wanna drive slower...RIP.

Floydness

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 01:55:52 AM »
Everytime I hear about something like this, it makes me wanna drive slower...RIP.
u really should..

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 02:39:34 AM »

damn that sucks... :( RIP

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 03:12:42 AM »
...and rest in peace to your friends...

Acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 04:48:25 AM »
damn man that really sucks.  its a tragedy, and what can you do about it but learn?  I'm sorry for you and your friends and their familyies.  I've known people who died in a car crash but never good friends.  I ain't one to talk cuz I drive fast as hell and have damn near killed myself in a carwreck and still ain't learned, but hopefully sikotiik you can be smarter.  RIP to your friends.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 07:17:50 AM »
damn man...bad shit...RIP

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 07:32:25 AM »
One of my friends got hit by a train and died 3 weeks ago. It sucks.

Thirteen

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 07:56:30 AM »
yeah, driving ain't a joke.

there was a crash here a few weeks ago involving some girls that i knew. one died on the scene, one is brain dead in the hospital and another walked away...they ran into a telephone poll and firehydrant while driving drunk

and in 4 days i'm going to a friend's gravesite, he was on his motorcycle when a uhaul cut him off and killed him

it's sad shit to lose people in car wrecks

R.I.P.