Author Topic: REQ: Chicano Rap / Pocos Pero Locos Vault  (Read 371 times)

no1wammy

REQ: Chicano Rap / Pocos Pero Locos Vault
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:29:12 AM »
Here's the dilio: nobody cares about the Chicano rap scene. People say it's nothing but Mexican gangsters in white tees and Khakis, copying other people's styles. Sure, they may be living cliches backed only by their sometimes irritating and annoying vocals (ranging from nasal to masculine) and redundant calls for brown pride. But you know what? They've done their very best to make themselves know, putting out records through their own means, telling their stories of struggle, success and partying to their ability.

But they need help.

I know it's a long shot (and everybody's gonna hate me for this), but what I wanna do on the DubCC forum is open an official Chicano Rap vault. This includes Latin Hip Hop artists from the east coast and dirty south (thus, for example, Pitbull, T-Weaponz and Joell Ortiz - even Omar Cruz would be included). To remedy any confusion made by this post, I'm naming it the Pocos Pero Locos vault.

On April 15, 2007, I am annoucing the coming of a Pocos Pero Locos Recap website. It's community-based, and will feature a dated playlist, in addition to world premieres, classic joints and special guest visits. More information to be given out shortly.

For now, let's see if DubCC will allow it.

no1wammy

Re: REQ: Chicano Rap / Pocos Pero Locos Vault
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:09:52 AM »
Here it is: the Pocos Pero Locos Rewind:

- http://community.livejournal.com/pplrewind

I have to upload an interview this week for those who missed the Omar Cruz appearence.