Author Topic: Watching the VP debate tonight?  (Read 716 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Watching the VP debate tonight?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 06:51:25 PM »
Man Edwards is getting killed here, especially when Cheney pointed out Edwards has been call "Senator Not There" (or something like that) and that he missed 33 out of 36 meetings ( :o).

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 06:53:13 PM »
Man Edwards is getting killed here, especially when Cheney pointed out Edwards has been call "Senator Not There" (or something like that) and that he missed 33 out of 36 meetings ( :o).

Did you hear Edward's response to that statement though? How Cheny voted against things like Meals on Wheels, Head Start and MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY?

IMO Edward's whooped ass on that rebuttal.

The rest of the debate has been going towards Cheny's side though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 06:59:35 PM »

Did you hear Edward's response to that statement though? How Cheny voted against things like Meals on Wheels, Head Start and MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY?

IMO Edward's whooped ass on that rebuttal.

The rest of the debate has been going towards Cheny's side though.

I'll agree, but at least Cheney showed up. I'll have to look it up, Edwards has been making up shit up for a while. How come we haven't heard this before?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 07:18:36 PM »
Yeah, when you think about it, i guess cheney is kinda edwards boss.  And he was chastising edwards for blowing off work. And edwards did have a good rebuttal, and i didn't hear cheney argue about voting against MLK day, (which, imo, is crazy) and everything else, BUT, how in the hell can edwards diss him for his votes, BUT HE MISSED 33 OF 36 votes? Cheney said he has never met Edwards until tonight, and they have senate meetings EVERY TUESDAY?!? Thats pretty shitty. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 07:41:32 PM »
Ok, I gotta say I was impressed by Cheney, I've never realized how good a speaker he is. I would rather have seen Cheney and Edwards as the Presidential candidates, both are far better than their counterparts.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 07:46:28 PM »
I'm watching it. I will be very happy if it pulls huge ratings like last weeks election.
Me too! Edwards just got owned, and the more people that saw that the better.

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 08:18:22 PM »
Yeah, Cheny did make Edwards his son for the most part. This debate won't have any effect on either party though. I'm looking forward to the next presidential debate.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 08:27:50 PM »
Cheney made up for Bush's dumbass ;D

Well, my prediction was right!

2-0 w00t!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2004, 08:33:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to the next presidential debate.

I am, but unfortunately the bastards at work put me on the schedule for Friday. Does anyone know what sites put it online afterwards?

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 09:22:57 PM »
I'm not sure about the videos, but you can get the transcripts off a variety of sites.

http://www.debates.org/

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 09:35:44 PM »
I'm not sure about the videos, but you can get the transcripts off a variety of sites.

http://www.debates.org/

Ok, thanks. I know my friend watched it online last week, being in the same predicament as I. I'll have to ask him. That transcript site will be useful as well, thanks.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 11:07:33 PM »
Man, Cheney just calmy and cooly took John Edwards and John Kerry apart piece by piece.  It was almost disgusting. 

That line where he said

"Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session.

The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight."

was just devastating. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 11:09:07 PM by SMiLE »

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 12:50:05 PM »
I was extremly impressed with how cheney debated. I always assumed he was a horrible speaker, but after watching this i have a new respect for him.

I liked how when edwards would say something, cheney would immediatly pull figures and stats right out of his head. He very knowledgeable with whats going on.

Edwards i kind of figured would be like that. I never thought he was a good "politician", and i now believe that even more.

EDIT: OMFG im so pissed off right now. On CNN.com they had a poll. "Who do you think won the debate"

63% said edwards. out of about 150,000 people. Who is that stupid to think edwards won. Im guessing that most of those people were democrats just supporting their side.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 12:54:26 PM by Rampant »

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004, 03:20:56 PM »
I was extremly impressed with how cheney debated. I always assumed he was a horrible speaker, but after watching this i have a new respect for him.

I liked how when edwards would say something, cheney would immediatly pull figures and stats right out of his head. He very knowledgeable with whats going on.

Edwards i kind of figured would be like that. I never thought he was a good "politician", and i now believe that even more.

EDIT: OMFG im so pissed off right now. On CNN.com they had a poll. "Who do you think won the debate"

63% said edwards. out of about 150,000 people. Who is that stupid to think edwards won. Im guessing that most of those people were democrats just supporting their side.

That's because he held his own in the debate.Cheny kicked Edward's boyish looking ass at the beginning of the debate, but Edwards finished very strong at the end and a strong finish is what people remember in the end. I saw another poll (cant remember where) that said Edwards won with 58% as well.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2004, 03:57:53 PM »

That's because he held his own in the debate.Cheny kicked Edward's boyish looking ass at the beginning of the debate, but Edwards finished very strong at the end and a strong finish is what people remember in the end. I saw another poll (cant remember where) that said Edwards won with 58% as well.

Quit looking at polls from biased news sources. Also, Rampant know shit CNN had a poll that said 63% thought Edwards :D CNN along with the New York Times are one(s) of the most Liberal biased news organazations out there.

Anyways, Dick cleary won