Author Topic: Chuuuch To The Palace = Certified Hit!!!!!!!!  (Read 1536 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Chuuuch To The Palace = Certified Hit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2002, 05:53:25 PM »
I just the heard the song for the first time right now and I'm wondering if I got a finished version of the song.  It sounds really hectic and unorganized.  Maybe the song will grow on me and I don't want to judge after one listen but it certainly didn't give off a good first impression.  

did u hear the cdq version or the radio rip version homie? if u heard the radio rip then u will hate it for sure cuz it quality sucks. Go to www.wckillaz.com and listen to the cdq maybe that will change your mind about the song.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2002, 07:42:22 PM »
I heard it today on power 106 and personally I think it's horrible.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2002, 08:35:01 PM »
This song is wack. Snoop needs to retire.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2002, 08:57:46 PM »
honestly the beat is wack in both cdq and the radio rip, but snoop somehow manage to come out tight on the wack ass beat...............i think the song will blow up for two reaons snoop, and the neptunes both get airplay just because of there names

now heres a question for yall..........lets say you had the same exact lyrics with a different beat would you be sayin that this was the shit?

i personally don't really feel the beat but it is something no one has really heard before and it is kinda catchy........if they make a tight video it will really be huge
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

gFuNkA

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2002, 09:07:26 PM »
the beat is hot...i like the scratchings...snoop comes dope on this one. this is the best i´ve heard from Snoop in a while. looks like his upcoming album could be better then his last shitty releases.

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 09:32:48 PM »
the beat is hot...i like the scratchings...snoop comes dope on this one. this is the best i´ve heard from Snoop in a while. looks like his upcoming album could be better then his last shitty releases.

;D

opinions divided on this one!

if you only heard the shitty radio rip go get the CDQ mp3 from WC Killaz.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2002, 09:33:18 PM »

I just got this in cdq.. and its way tighter in cdq.  This isnt your typical Neptunes beat.. like DPG2001 and LB Snoop 21 said.. Snoop comes of hella tight.. the beat is bangin.. Im not nowhere near as mad at this colab as most of the homies.  If you ask me this is a great single to set off the album.  

He needed something harder then the Timbo produced first single off The Last Meal.  Business wise.. this seems like the right single to release first.  From a fans point of view, that iz..

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 09:52:05 PM »
I just heard the radio rip...and...it's wack.  Snoop's singles have been getting worse and worse for his albums.  "Snoop Dogg" I could put up with, it was nothing special.  Here, Snoop just wanted The Neptunes for a hit, but these to have NOTHING to make music about.  What is this song about?  Churches?  Palaces?  He doesn't even mention it in the song.  And the chorus is just 'Snoop Dogg'.  This matchup is pointless, cause Neptunes and Snoop have nothing to make music about.  That got nothing in common.  That is why the song is bad.

I completely agree with yout there. We all have different opinions, but this is far from the best SNoop song in a while...yall must be smokin on some bad shit. Yea he comes off nice, good flow, but overall the song is trash cause the beat destroys the flow. And the hook is horrible. "WHos that Dippin in the Cadillac" was bad too but compared to this one its 10x better. I cant even listen to he beat, wether its radio q or cdq..it might grow on me though. And like Murrow said, the Neptunes-Snoop matchup is pointless. Snoop needs Fredweck, Battlecat or Meech. Neptuns matched with the Liks, cause Best U Can was off the hook, they shined on the song cause they matched 2gether. Put Snoops flow over that Liks beat, they wouldnt match either IMO
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 10:10:41 PM »

I completely agree with yout there. We all have different opinions, but this is far from the best SNoop song in a while...yall must be smokin on some bad shit. Yea he comes off nice, good flow, but overall the song is trash cause the beat destroys the flow. And the hook is horrible. "WHos that Dippin in the Cadillac" was bad too but compared to this one its 10x better. I cant even listen to he beat, wether its radio q or cdq..it might grow on me though. And like Murrow said, the Neptunes-Snoop matchup is pointless. Snoop needs Fredweck, Battlecat or Meech. Neptuns matched with the Liks, cause Best U Can was off the hook, they shined on the song cause they matched 2gether. Put Snoops flow over that Liks beat, they wouldnt match either IMO

Totally feel you.  It's hot.. and something that you wouldn't expect from Tha Doggfather and IMO that is exactly why this is the perfect first single..

I cant even listen to he beat, wether its radio q or cdq..it might grow on me though. And like Murrow said, the Neptunes-Snoop matchup is pointless. Snoop needs Fredweck, Battlecat or Meech. Neptuns matched with the Liks

yea the beat is a simple ass beat but its got that fat ass live drum track.  And the hook??  Im glad they stayed away from the typical poppy singin type of hook that you hear alot these days.  They kept it simple.. gangsta.. yet commecial enough to sell.  IMO.

Also.. I agree.. I wish he could make a hit with one of his in house staff producers.  He should be pumpin them up.  Pz.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

gFuNkA

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 10:17:11 PM »

;D

opinions divided on this one!

if you only heard the shitty radio rip go get the CDQ mp3 from WC Killaz.

i dont listen to real audio files. thanks to wckillaz for the mp3 version.

gFuNkA

e: Chuuuch To The Palace = Certified Hit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2002, 10:25:41 PM »
this is something new...im glad snoop doesnt used his "as usual" producers like fred and so on. this sounds fresh. this sounds better then the whole All Stars album.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2002, 10:29:20 PM »
this sounds better then the whole All Stars album.

riiiiiiiiight...
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: e: Chuuuch To The Palace = Certified Hit!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2002, 12:02:41 AM »
this is something new...im glad snoop doesnt used his "as usual" producers like fred and so on. this sounds fresh. this sounds better then the whole All Stars album.

:-/ ::)

verbalassaulta

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2002, 04:43:51 AM »
i cant believe some people think this track dope...its terrible and the neptunes and snoop just dont sound well together...snoop has really fell off this time...

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2002, 06:17:42 AM »
I couldnt of said it better.They just dont mix well and the beat is horrible!!