Author Topic: Best Producer on the West Coast...  (Read 1413 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Best Producer on the West Coast...
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2002, 04:59:19 PM »
Dre ain't fukin with Quik...Quik has never made a wack beat...Dre has 3 on the Eminem Show...

Dre even kill Warren G wit his weak production ( Lookin At U)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2002, 05:53:39 PM »

not wut he said homie, h was jst talkinbout Quik !!!!!!

Stay REAL, "In A Real Way"!!!!!!!

LMAO!......Yo.....I was sayin' "Word!" cuz he said that Quik has never made a wack beat.......then I stated MY opinion, "Quik and Dre are tha best producers ever!"...............check yo self homie!!

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2002, 07:37:09 AM »
Dr.Dre is the best on the west period,end of discussion!!He has the talent and the best ears in the business.When he's motivated he cant be touched and you all know his tracks get your head bobin.

Murrow

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2002, 08:33:56 AM »
You guys are funny.  Just cause Quik announced he is retiring we are getting this post about Quik being the best.  Which is alroght for an opinion but he's no Dr. Dre.  It's just like when all these rappers dying everyone gives them too much credit.

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2002, 09:28:12 AM »
I couldnt of said it better Murrow.It's funny how some of these people have short memories.LMAO

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2002, 10:54:32 AM »

Dre even kill Warren G wit his weak production ( Lookin At U)

Does this shit mean after he is such a bad producer anyway, he even kills the lyricsl genuis Warren G with his weak shit?

man this is hilarious

I guess soon i see yall guys claiming Dre be one of the wests WORSTS producers and that he killed Snoop and all tha westcoast artists with his weak production...

JAE

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2002, 12:45:18 PM »
You guys are funny.  Just cause Quik announced he is retiring we are getting this post about Quik being the best.  Which is alroght for an opinion but he's no Dr. Dre.  It's just like when all these rappers dying everyone gives them too much credit.

What a dumb thing to say. Every month someone makes a thread about Dr dre vd DJ quik. And if dre was like "Im never gonna do music again" you guys would treat it as the biggest news of the year. Dont complian. There arent many posts on Quiks retirement. Now FUCK THIS! IM tired of arguing over this played out topic. I will ALWAYS think (know) Quik is better and I dont need to prove it to these guys.

DPGC2001

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2002, 12:56:58 PM »
I made this thread to give praise to Quik who is one of the most underated and underapreciated producers in music...It's sad to hear that he is retiring from rapping but hopefully he will continue to produce cause that's what he does best...As far as Dre goes opinions are like assholes but mine is that Quik has been much more consistent throughout his career...Dre has fallen off hard in recent times ...Back in the Death Row days I don't think anybody was fukin with Dre, Chronic and Doggystyle are 2 of the best produced albums of all time...2001 was a very well produced record i have to admit and the shit he did with Snoop on Top Dogg and Eminem on Slim Shady was dope but I think he started falling off after that...In the meantime the worst beat I have heard by Quik in recent years was Can't go Wrong on Space Boogie and even that I can't call wack...

Jome

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2002, 05:03:19 PM »
I made this thread to give praise to Quik who is one of the most underated and underapreciated producers in music...

Maybe you shouldn't have called it "Best producer.." then....

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2002, 08:59:02 PM »
Hey DPGC you are dreamin if you think Quik is better than Dre when it comes to production!!Hmmm how many artists has Dre developed and blew up??Eminem and Snoop just to name a few.How many has Quik developed??I dont know.Whu has one of the most successful record labels right now??Also if Quik was all that dont you think all kind of artists would be after him to produce they shit??There is a reason artists dont come to him.Now lets see Dre has made bangers for Eve,Mary J Blige,Busta Rhymes,Bilal.The list goes on man Dont hate on Dre cause hes more talented than quik.So I just want you to explain to me why artists dont come ro quik for tracks????Hes supposed to be all that right.hey look at the neptunes,people go to them for tracks cause they tight.hey i will put it out there for you ok.The reason why artists dont go to quik for tracks is because his sound is dingy and grimy,also his music has no flow,it sounds forced.

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2002, 11:28:54 PM »
Hey DPGC you are dreamin if you think Quik is better than Dre when it comes to production!!Hmmm how many artists has Dre developed and blew up??Eminem and Snoop just to name a few.How many has Quik developed??I dont know.Whu has one of the most successful record labels right now??Also if Quik was all that dont you think all kind of artists would be after him to produce they shit??There is a reason artists dont come to him.Now lets see Dre has made bangers for Eve,Mary J Blige,Busta Rhymes,Bilal.The list goes on man Dont hate on Dre cause hes more talented than quik.So I just want you to explain to me why artists dont come ro quik for tracks????Hes supposed to be all that right.hey look at the neptunes,people go to them for tracks cause they tight.hey i will put it out there for you ok.The reason why artists dont go to quik for tracks is because his sound is dingy and grimy,also his music has no flow,it sounds forced.

Word!!! Quik got his own sound, wich is good, BUT its to different and sometimes horrible, thats why he´s retiring...

Dr.Dre 4 president LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

BL7

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2002, 11:58:04 PM »
We all have different opinions. I think DJ Quik is 10 times better than Dre as a producer, regardless of what any of y'all say about Dre, to me his style is boring & overrated.

Peace

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2002, 05:26:44 AM »
We all have different opinions. I think DJ Quik is 10 times better than Dre as a producer, regardless of what any of y'all say about Dre, to me his style is boring & overrated.

Peace

U missed the fact that Dre ain't got ONE style he got 4 totally different styles in his carrer
unlike Quik

and u don't wanna tell me Dre's Death Row style was boring and overrated do u?

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2002, 05:41:50 AM »
Exactly man you just put your foot in your mouth.Dre has more than one style which means he's versatile right??Where as quik only has one.You can't deny the facts which are quik hasn't developed any artists like Dre and he doesnt have artist knocking down his door to do tracks for them.You know why?It's simple,because his music aint all that.Alot of artists don't like his sound.How many of quiks albums have went multiplatinum????Wow lets see Dre has had many and lets face facts man If quik was all that his shit would be blowin up all over the radio and artists would be gettin at him.I dont know bro i think you should look at history and the facts.

BL7

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2002, 06:27:15 AM »
Dre's old style wasn't boring it was pretty hot, but his beats from '96 to now have been weak to me. I just don't feel him. To me Quik is more consistent, Dre has hot beats here and there, but I'm not feeling most of his shit. It's all opinion, if y'all like Dre better than cool, but there's nothing any of you can say to persuade me to think he's better than Quik.