Author Topic: Why is SNOOP DOGG the King Of The West and ICE CUBE isn't?  (Read 814 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Why is SNOOP DOGG the King Of The West and ICE CUBE isn't?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2004, 01:59:37 PM »
2002: From Tha Chuuch To Tha Place
2003: Beautiful
2004: Drop It Like It's Hot
garbage

fucking to Beautiful is not garbage. That was my pussy song. The other two I agree, but they did well on the charts so they are mainstream.

Thirteen

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2004, 03:17:19 PM »
garbage

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2004, 03:34:22 PM »
garbage

I agree taht from tha chuuch to the palace was garbage but i was feeling the other two joints. I think snoop and the neptunes make a pretty good combination most of the time, favorite track has been it blows my mind though. That joint was straight fire.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 04:06:14 PM »
This is one of those time when I wish the D.O.C. hadn't got in that accident, cause we all know he would have been runnin the shit. I mean, he wrote 80% of Doggystyle and most Snoop verses on The Chronic.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2004, 09:51:58 AM »
At the time, I think there are 2 kings of the westcoast. One with the support of the public and one that contests this ruler apparent and has his share of devoted followers. Something like when there were 2 (or even 3) Popes in medieval times. The ruler apparent is Dre, at the moment. Snoop is the contester. See, no one would argue that Dre has more influence and more commercial power in present day hiphop then Snoop. Snoop however seems to consider himself the boss by claiming to be 'the king of the westcoast'.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

PhattyMcGee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2004, 11:59:05 AM »
If Cube stayed into music ALL THE TIME instead of doin movies, he'd be the king of West...but Snoop is everywhere at once and people see that.

Gimme some Dre produced CUBE and SNOOP tracks...then we're talkin bout DROPPIN SHIT THATS HOT!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2004, 12:38:43 PM »
86-90 = Eazy E, Ice-T
90-93 = Ice Cube
93-95 = Snoop Dogg
95-96 = 2Pac
97-99 = Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg
99-Present = Snoop Dogg

Dr. Dre is the real King of the West though (Ruthless, Death Row, Aftermath). Everything major that occurs on the West impact wise and sales wise usually 80% of the time involved Dr. Dre.

Thirteen

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
86-90 = Eazy E, Ice-T
90-93 = Ice Cube
93-95 = Snoop Dogg
95-96 = 2Pac
97-99 = Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg
99-Present = Snoop Dogg

Dr. Dre is the real King of the West though (Ruthless, Death Row, Aftermath). Everything major that occurs on the West impact wise and sales wise usually 80% of the time involved Dr. Dre.

westcoast should even have a kingdom from restless on... nothing commercially successful or good has come out since then (and i still say ptctbtb isn't a westcoast cd)

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2004, 03:36:19 PM »
i don't think there will be a king for along time, all the vets are resting on their laurels and all the new cats aren't doing it right

take for instance, game....i know he's a blood, he talks about eazy and nwa on every song, he's been shot, he's on aftermath......he should move on to the next subject

i can't listen to him because it's the same shit every song...same shit since '92

I'm agree with u And if we gotta pick a king let's crown IceCube (he drops the dub)Snoop (not so often)Since '99 Snoop recorded only 4 tha radio,i mean songs and features made for ear not soul( feeling me?)Although Cube didn't drop nuthin lately  u can't say he dropped shit he still keepin it gangsta.Snoop tells u whatcha wanna hear,Cube tells u whatcha wanna feel .Snoop ain't true anymo'(4 me)
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
This is for the people out in the westcoast. I got hella love for Snoop Dogg. He is a west coast legend. Definitely a big west coast star. But King Of The West? Would u give Snoop the KING OF THE WEST title? I hear a lot of rappers say that. Game said it, "Snoop got the crown".

If it wasn't for NWA there wouldn't be 75% percent of some of these rappers. ...look at G-Unit? They are like the 2000 version of NWA. The gun talk and all the shit you hear on records. NWA. When 50 dropped, everything got all street on records. With Get Rich Or Die tryin, how is that any different than what Cube was doing back in the day on his solos.

G-unit the 2000 version of NWA? i donn think so NEVER
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2004, 10:21:39 PM »
Snoop seems to be in the spotlight right now, but Cube will always be the king of the west in my book.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2004, 10:43:38 PM »
snoop says hes the king of the west in so many of his songs that it just kinda caught on. cube never says stuff like that. maybe cube isnt considered the king of the west coz he doesnt claim to be. and when snoop says it no1 seems to contradict it. its too small a thing to fight about. just like he calls him self snoop corleone. no1 cares. just cause daz calls himdelf the prince of the west, doesnt make it true.

peace

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2004, 08:31:18 AM »
dre def the king of the west

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2004, 06:21:13 PM »
snoop says hes the king of the west in so many of his songs that it just kinda caught on. cube never says stuff like that. maybe cube isnt considered the king of the west coz he doesnt claim to be. and when snoop says it no1 seems to contradict it. its too small a thing to fight about. just like he calls him self snoop corleone. no1 cares. just cause daz calls himdelf the prince of the west, doesnt make it true.

peace

A real king doesn't have to proclaim himself...so snoop is out of this if he does
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia