Author Topic: Eminem announces guest appearances on Encore + more...  (Read 1036 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem announces guest appearances on Encore + more...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 02:24:24 PM »
^^ dont give me that bullshit. everybody who reads your recent ToT posts knows that you dont hate Bush at all... please.. it's aight .. like you would say.. "you're entitled to your opinon".. but let them artists be entitled to their opinon as well. I figure there's A BUNCH of famous ppl out who express how they dont support Bush.. but guess what homie, there's a reason for that.. it's not like Bush is a good President or something..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 02:28:54 PM »
^^ dont give me that bullshit. everybody who reads your recent ToT posts knows that you dont hate Bush at all... please.. it's aight .. like you would say.. "you're entitled to your opinon".. but let them artists be entitled to their opinon as well. I figure there's A BUNCH of famous ppl out who express how they dont support Bush.. but guess what homie, there's a reason for that.. it's not like Bush is a good President or something..

Of course they're entitled to their opinion, I just think it's stupid that all of the sudden these artists think they're fucking politicians. Besides, voting Kerry won't make America better, maybe worse.

Now, you claim my recent TOT posts show that I don't hate Bush. Well I don't hate Bush, I don't really hate anyone. I just disagree with many of his policies. I do seem his as the superior candidate in the race, but that's because my main problem with Bush is foreign policy and Kerry's is pretty much the same. I support the constitutional amendment, and that's it. 1 thing. That's more than I support for Kerry.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 02:40:31 PM »
^^^you're just mad cause youre in love with dubya...

I can't stand Dubya dumbass, when have I made posts praising him? But the only thing I dislike more than Bush himself is all the stupid musicians that jumped on a bandwagon. I see all those "Punk Against Bush" and "Rock Against Bush" and it's stupid. These people didn't pay attention to politics before it became popular to hate Bush. Hell, Bruce Springsteen is one of my favorite artists from when I was a young kid, listening to him with my Dad, and I lost respect for him. I've always felt that if you want to make political music it should be non-partisan.

I agree and disagree with you.  I agree there is a "bash bush bandwagon" that started fairly recently, but I'd rather have bangwagon musicians bashing Bush than Bush in office fucking shit up.  I disagree with the Springsteen comment.  I don't really listen to his music, but I do know that he made "Born in the U.S.A." and Reagan jumped all over it not realizing it was a criticism against some of the problems facing America at that time (issues regarding vietnam vets in particular).  Springsteen rightfully got upset because Reagan tried to use the song and make himself look good.  Since then, I've seen or read about him talking about politics and the issues facing this country.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that Springsteen didn't jump on the bandwagon yesterday... he was picked up by the wagon back when Reagan was in office.

peace  8)

Reagan wasn't the only one who jumped to use it, the Democrats did too. Springsteen from my understanding was just opposed to people using his song in general for partisan politics.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 02:55:15 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Springsteen has been anti-republican since the 70s. He is not jumping on to sell records or because it's popular. His post 9/11 Rising album was about the event but completely not political. He is just a concerened American who doesn't want innocent young men and women to die and kill in Iraq for no good reason. Rising Springsteen? You should have known I had to respond to that. You should no Bruce better than that. Over the years he has alwya voiced his opinion. In concerts in the early 80s, he would start shows talking about how Reagan was messing things up and would bash him on stage all the time.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2004, 04:44:53 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Springsteen has been anti-republican since the 70s. He is not jumping on to sell records or because it's popular. His post 9/11 Rising album was about the event but completely not political. He is just a concerened American who doesn't want innocent young men and women to die and kill in Iraq for no good reason. Rising Springsteen? You should have known I had to respond to that. You should no Bruce better than that. Over the years he has alwya voiced his opinion. In concerts in the early 80s, he would start shows talking about how Reagan was messing things up and would bash him on stage all the time.

But I've always thought Bruce was against both Dems and Reps, am I mistaken? I thought he got just as pissed at the Democrats using his song as he did at the Republicans?

Anyways, I'll always be a fan of Springsteen's music. My Dad's copies of Born In The USA and Tunnel Of Love are well-worn proof of that. It's not really him who makes me mad. It's more the Puff Daddies and other people like that. Maybe I don't agree with Bruce becoming more partisan, but at least he's always been a social commentator.

Paris

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »
Did someone say obie is better than banks....?

uh im gonna have to disagree

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 05:12:45 PM »

p.s.: I dont want Stat Quo on the Album  :-X

if i get/download this album i dont want him neither.. but at least theres no g-unit, besides 50.

eS El Duque

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2004, 05:32:52 PM »
Young Buck >>> Game = Stat Quo >>>>>> Obie >>>>>>>>>>>>> Banks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D-12

Yup.

shut up white boy

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But I've always thought Bruce was against both Dems and Reps, am I mistaken? I thought he got just as pissed at the Democrats using his song as he did at the Republicans?

Anyways, I'll always be a fan of Springsteen's music. My Dad's copies of Born In The USA and Tunnel Of Love are well-worn proof of that. It's not really him who makes me mad. It's more the Puff Daddies and other people like that. Maybe I don't agree with Bruce becoming more partisan, but at least he's always been a social commentator.

You aren't fully mistaken. Bruce stayed out of taking when it came to the patry he was asked to promote. He was always against Republicans, but not neccessarily FOR Democrats. He didn't care much for the Reagan administration but didn't care enough to make it personal, until they did by misusing the song. The Democrats didn't understand the song either. All you have to do is listen to the lyrics, or the alternate acoustic version (which is amazing). If Reagan decided to go to war for a stupid reason, then I'm sure Bruce would have been vocal (even though it wouldn't have mattered, Reagan destroyed Mondale. Bruce's involvement would have not changed anything)

Now Bruce stayed out of polotics in the past because during his entire career there was nothing big he was concerned about. If Bruce was recording in the 60s, you better believe that he'd be very vocal about his thoughts on Vietnam. Now we have Bush who Bruce really doesn't agree with and does not want to see 4 more years of. In Bruce's mind, nothing can be worse than Bush right now so supporting the only guy that has a chance of beating him is the best option. He's promoted Kerry for a while now. Peace under Kerry isn't a garauntee, but it's more likely than with Bush. Bruce is just a citizen in a democratic society who is voicing his opinion, and he has the right and duty to do so. I'd like to think that anyone who doesn't want war doesn't want Bush. Puffy on the other hand, well, I don't know what he's in it for. I wouldn't be shocked to find out his clothes are made in sweat shops. lol. It doesn't really suit Puff to go against Bush since he's never been at all political, but with Bruce, it was always a matter of time. You can't tell me you're surprised Bruce got involved.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2004, 06:20:31 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You aren't fully mistaken. Bruce stayed out of taking when it came to the patry he was asked to promote. He was always against Republicans, but not neccessarily FOR Democrats. He didn't care much for the Reagan administration but didn't care enough to make it personal, until they did by misusing the song. The Democrats didn't understand the song either. All you have to do is listen to the lyrics, or the alternate acoustic version (which is amazing). If Reagan decided to go to war for a stupid reason, then I'm sure Bruce would have been vocal (even though it wouldn't have mattered, Reagan destroyed Mondale. Bruce's involvement would have not changed anything)

Now Bruce stayed out of polotics in the past because during his entire career there was nothing big he was concerned about. If Bruce was recording in the 60s, you better believe that he'd be very vocal about his thoughts on Vietnam. Now we have Bush who Bruce really doesn't agree with and does not want to see 4 more years of. In Bruce's mind, nothing can be worse than Bush right now so supporting the only guy that has a chance of beating him is the best option. He's promoted Kerry for a while now. Peace under Kerry isn't a garauntee, but it's more likely than with Bush. Bruce is just a citizen in a democratic society who is voicing his opinion, and he has the right and duty to do so. I'd like to think that anyone who doesn't want war doesn't want Bush. Puffy on the other hand, well, I don't know what he's in it for. I wouldn't be shocked to find out his clothes are made in sweat shops. lol. It doesn't really suit Puff to go against Bush since he's never been at all political, but with Bruce, it was always a matter of time. You can't tell me you're surprised Bruce got involved.

I can agree with what you're saying, Bruce was a bad example. My problem is with most of the other musicians involved.

Paris

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 06:34:08 PM »
Shallow and Lincoln - You both said what I was trying to get to.  I thought Bruce was a bad example of people jumping on the bandwagon like Puff because he's been vocal from way back.  Puff is popular and if he gets more people motivated to vote, then more power to him.  anyway... props for the exchange.

Getting back on topic... I hope this Eminem song drops before the election.

Peace  8)

SGV

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 11:02:04 PM »

shut up white boy

Aren't you a Cerote? LOL.

White people >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cerotes.

mauzip

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2004, 11:24:33 PM »
mauzip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everybody else 8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 03:43:53 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 05:41:30 AM »

p.s.: I dont want Stat Quo on the Album  :-X

if i get/download this album i dont want him neither.. but at least theres no g-unit, besides 50.
it's pretty obvious stat quo is on the album cos he is the new artist of shady records just like obie trice was on "the eminem show", of course eminem wants to give him some name before stat quo releases his own solo, if u know what i mean... i hope it doesnt suck as much as "drips" did... if it is nate on the hook it cant suck bad ;)