Author Topic: Who won 2nites debate  (Read 204 times)

pappy

Who won 2nites debate
« on: October 08, 2004, 08:08:34 PM »
I missed the first half an hour, an listened to the rest of it on the radio b/c i was out.  But from what i heard, kerry took this one.  But Bush sounded 100% better compared to the first one.  But kerry got the slight edge on this one again.  2-0 kerry

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Who won 2nites debate
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:15:07 PM »
I just finished watching it online 30 seconds ago.

I felt that if Kerry won by a slight edge last night, Bush won by a slight edge tonight. He was getting really angry, and he made some decent points. Kerry, in my opinion, is too apathetic. "Well it's the wrong war and we have no allies but I want everyone to join me in the wrong war."

And LOL @ Bush mentioning Poland again. Man Jon Stewart's gonna clown on his ass about that again.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 08:21:46 PM »
I just finished watching it online 30 seconds ago.

I felt that if Kerry won by a slight edge last night, Bush won by a slight edge tonight. He was getting really angry, and he made some decent points. Kerry, in my opinion, is too apathetic. "Well it's the wrong war and we have no allies but I want everyone to join me in the wrong war."

And LOL @ Bush mentioning Poland again. Man Jon Stewart's gonna clown on his ass about that again.

what has bush said tho,  he sounded stronger today, but hes still spitting the same shit an still avoiding answering questions.  BTW on cbs i believe it was 44% to 41% in kerry favors.  On cnn.com its 83%-16% in Kerrys favor.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 09:18:16 PM »
I'm going with Kerry again. Bush comes off as stupid at times. Kerry will clarify something, like his stance on the war, and then Bush will take the originally assumed stance and run with it, like Kerry didn't already clarify it. Bush better hope the swing voters are stupid.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 09:54:49 PM »
I'll simplify it.  If you like Bush, you'll say Bush won.  If you like Kerry, you'll say Kerry won.  Case closed

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »
I dont like neither of them, im really 50/50 going into the election, and in this debate, the only 20 minutes i saw of it, i thought that Bush came and gave great answers to all questions about the war in iraq and when kerry bashed him on how we started the war over weapons of mass destruction, and there were none, so why are we still there, that was a good point on kerrys part there too....but theirs other issues that make me lean towards bush, healthcare (medicare prescription coverage is a really good thing, i only know this cuz my sister worked at a convolesent home & some ladys couldnt afford their prescriptions and they died cuz of it)...and some of bush's taxs cuts do benefit everyone making a good amount of money for the most part....but thats their hard earned money, why should they have to pay more taxes?

But yea, right now im 55/45 leaning towards bush, but the war thing is still a big issue and i really need to study more on kerrys issue before i make a final decision

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 10:10:54 PM »
I'll simplify it.  If you like Bush, you'll say Bush won.  If you like Kerry, you'll say Kerry won.  Case closed

I'm Canadian. I don't give a shit either way. I just think Kerry is a better debator and did better tonight. That doesn't mean I think he'll be a better President.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 12:47:22 AM »
I guess you can argue that. I may have a bias for Kerry, but I still think he took this one by a hair.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

tommyilromano

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 03:15:47 AM »
Bush... I thought the funniest part of the debate was when Kerry tries to drill home a point by accusing President Bush of caring so much about an issue because it will affect Bush's timber company.

Bush begins his response with, Timber company? I own a timber company? Wow, that's news to me.

Then he asks the moderator if he would like some wood.

tommyilromano

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 03:21:40 AM »
Anyway... Definitely a Bush victory. He was much better prepared than last time and presented effective criticism of Kerry's record.

And, by the way, on-line polls are worthless ordinarily, and entirely worthless for the presidential debates, since the Democrats have been telling their supporters to stuff the ballots, in a metaphorical sense.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 05:58:03 AM »
Bush... I thought the funniest part of the debate was when Kerry tries to drill home a point by accusing President Bush of caring so much about an issue because it will affect Bush's timber company.

Bush begins his response with, Timber company? I own a timber company? Wow, that's news to me.

that shit was hillarious

and about the debate.. i dunno who won.. i feel like its a fuckin middle school election.. (like how in middle schools they have a election for class president.. and when he gives his speach he promises all this nonsense everyone knows is not true... but its just to win the election)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 08:59:47 AM »

I thought that was funny. Then AOL reports that Bush in 2001 actually claimed part ownership of a timber company in his taxes, and made $86 profit off of it. This is reported by AOL, according to some tax research thing, but at the time, it was funny as hell to me.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 12:03:15 PM »
Kerry Definately won the first one , but i don't know how some of you can say Kerry won second time around....when you listen to what they were saying and then all the comebacks Bush won this one , not by a hair , but strongly. Kerry was just up there making promisses which we know dont' really mean nothing ("no new taxes") but bush was hitting some facts just right in his favor. Kerry would throw out some crap then bush would come back and say what's really going on and then catch kerry by saying "if you're so for it why didn't you and your running mate show up to vote" or "if you're so against it why did you vote FOR it"   Bush won this one in my opinion. Kerry just sounded like C3po a robot butler sucking the liberal's dicks trying to plelase them. Bush at time stuttered and did the usual shit but you could tell he was more genuine .

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

pappy

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 01:51:17 PM »
Kerry Definately won the first one , but i don't know how some of you can say Kerry won second time around....when you listen to what they were saying and then all the comebacks Bush won this one , not by a hair , but strongly. Kerry was just up there making promisses which we know dont' really mean nothing ("no new taxes") but bush was hitting some facts just right in his favor. Kerry would throw out some crap then bush would come back and say what's really going on and then catch kerry by saying "if you're so for it why didn't you and your running mate show up to vote" or "if you're so against it why did you vote FOR it"   Bush won this one in my opinion. Kerry just sounded like C3po a robot butler sucking the liberal's dicks trying to plelase them. Bush at time stuttered and did the usual shit but you could tell he was more genuine .

bush hasnt said a thing,  he still dont answer any questions.  Every other answer he says the same thing. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 12:06:24 AM »
^ not really everytime the moderator asked "how do both of you plan to cut the deficit in half" bush actually answered , he breifly answered it and went onto something else, but kerry totally ducked the question and did more ducking than bush did. most definately

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09