Author Topic: Should i get an ipod?  (Read 875 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Should i get an ipod?
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 02:58:35 PM »
Does apple.com prices include tax or not?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 05:01:12 PM »
Does apple.com prices include tax or not?

nope... $299 plus tax  :(

I currently live in Boston, Massachusetts... New Hampshire is really close by (about an hour drive)... NH doesn't have any sales tax  :) ... so if I need to make an expensive purchase, I drive up there and save me some money.

I saved myself some extra cash this way when I bought my current iPod.

Anyway... sorry if you don't live near a state with a lesser sales tax... but if you do, make sure to check it out.

Peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2004, 05:17:15 PM »
im thinkin bout getting a Dell DJ 15gb Digital Jukebox cuz its onli $329 cdn for one
do u kno if this is a good mp3player??

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Jome

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2004, 05:41:15 PM »
Ahh, now I see..

Ipod have 82% of the mp3-player market in U.S., and 28% of the market in the world.
No wonder Americans are mislead and confused..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »
^ OR.. no wonder americans are so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb... plus.. rember yall cant afford them :)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
im thinkin bout getting a Dell DJ 15gb Digital Jukebox cuz its onli $329 cdn for one

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

too be honest... I'd cough up the extra $40 U.S. and go with the 20 gig iPod.  If you know a student, you can possibly get them to buy the iPod with their student discount and you can give them the money.

I would never get the Dell (but I'm biased... I love Macs).

good luck in your decision... peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »

too be honest... I'd cough up the extra $40 U.S. and go with the 20 gig iPod.  If you know a student, you can possibly get them to buy the iPod with their student discount and you can give them the money.

I would never get the Dell (but I'm biased... I love Macs).

good luck in your decision... peace  8)

lol im now lookin at this creative one im realli not sure whitch one im gonna go wit,ill let yall kno when i get one tho,thx for all tha help n info

Jome

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2004, 04:07:20 AM »
^ OR.. no wonder americans are so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb... plus.. rember yall cant afford them :)

Naw, I'm just saying..
With 82% of the market, Apple must have done some serious campaigning to brainwash Americans.
Because Ipod sure as hell isn't a better product than e.g. the new Creative Zen. (Unless design means everything to you)

I think I'll turn this to a new thread..  :D

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2004, 07:07:11 AM »
I bought my ipod today

anyone know how to change song names on itunes easier than clicking on Get Info and changing it cause that shit would take forever.

You can change the name by simply clicking on the current track name and changing the text (the same way you would change the name of a file or folder in Windows).  You can do this with any other field.

You can also change multiple items at the same time.  For example if you want to change or correct the album name all the album tracks at the same time.  Simple highlight all the tracks you want to apply the change to and then go to "Get Info"... there you can make the changes.

Let me know if you need any more help or this don't make sense.

Peace  8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2004, 10:21:19 AM »
isnt there any quicker way to rename them, cuz half my tracks arent tagged right, i thought there would be a way to like rename them easier, oh well, thanx for the reply man.

oh yeah, how bad is it if i drop it, i just dropped it (hardwood floor, from desk height) :stupid:

i was thinkin maybe i damaged somethin and ill find out later, and i should replace it before it goes bad
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 10:25:54 AM by Global Moderator »

Throwback

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2004, 10:35:26 AM »
my friend has a program for it. ill ask him whats the name again.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »
Might get one, but I dun really like the design. I've seen other mp3 players that look nicer, but dun have the same features as the IPOD. The price is abit steep too, might wait 'til next year. Would come in handy in the car.

Doggystylin

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2004, 10:05:50 PM »
Ozir, thanx for all the help man, i went through a long process today and exchanged it for a new one just in case, and Face In A Cloud, if you could find out what program that is it would be appreciated.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2004, 10:09:31 PM »
Ozir, thanx for all the help man, i went through a long process today and exchanged it for a new one just in case, and Face In A Cloud, if you could find out what program that is it would be appreciated.

Sorry it was a long process, but glad you got a new one.  Enjoy the new (once again) toy.  8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2004, 11:01:11 PM »
ozir, you got AIM or MSN? i wanna ask you some more questions.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »
aight, all this talk of mp3 players made me decide to put $120 away from this paycheck then use all but 80 from the next to get a ipod or hopefully if they have it it stock when i go to futureshop a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB shits like $30 more and it's not from apple. plus I can't survive with 8 hours of battery life, I'd go through that just at work, not counting 30 minutes getting there and the hour it takes to get back. I just really fucking hope they got that shit in stock when I go next thursday cause I'm coming out with an mp3 player, and I'm not gonna be too happy if it's an apple one.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2004, 07:27:15 AM »
I'm looking more into the zen xtra now and it has some good features.

14 hour batter life
30 gb for about $25 more instead of 4gb (mind you I don't even need 4gb, I'd be happy with 2 or something but I ain't complaining about 30)
Smart Volume Management™ adjusts the playback volume of all the tracks on your play list so they will remain at the same level without you reaching for the volume control between songs! (now this I need)
thats pretty much it. but for those I'd rather spend the $25 more. Just gotta pray that they'll have it in stock on thursday

Lady Scarface

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2004, 07:39:47 AM »
Smart Volume Management™ adjusts the playback volume of all the tracks on your play list so they will remain at the same level without you reaching for the volume control between songs! (now this I need)

iTunes has had this feature for a long time... when the music gets transfered to the iPod, it is nice and balanced.
I agree... its a good feature.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2004, 09:18:58 AM »

iTunes has had this feature for a long time... when the music gets transfered to the iPod, it is nice and balanced.

k, if I get an Ipod mini, I don't have to buy any other apple shit to use it with a pc right? and 8 hours is the max battery life?? Cause thats the main reason I'm not picking an ipod right now. 4gb is more then enough for an mp3 player with an 8 hour battery life.

Lady Scarface

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2004, 09:33:50 AM »

k, if I get an Ipod mini, I don't have to buy any other apple shit to use it with a pc right? and 8 hours is the max battery life?? Cause thats the main reason I'm not picking an ipod right now. 4gb is more then enough for an mp3 player with an 8 hour battery life.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Yup... you should be straight as long as you have a Firewire or USB 2.0 port available on your PC.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2004, 10:07:11 AM »
thats good news....anyone got any personal expierance with the Creative one? I've been reading reviews and it says "still slightly too large for comfortable pocketing." Thats a problem cause it's gotta fit in my pocket nicely for work

Lady Scarface

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2004, 12:46:07 PM »
Yea im also thinking bout getting a creative one,but if i wuz u id get the creative zen touch. Its the newer model and is better, i live in canada too so im lookin for a good deal. Its 250US to get it from creative.com so i might do that,not sure tho.

also theres a new Creative Zen Micro which is 5GBs and looks pretty tight check out www.creative.com to see it, theres no price on it or when it comes out tho  >:(

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2004, 08:35:46 PM »
deezam take a look at this

http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_xs200.html

its smaller then an ipodmini and can hold 20GB  :o

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Westside!
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2004, 05:17:28 AM »
deezam take a look at this

http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_xs200.html

its smaller then an ipodmini and can hold 20GB  :o

that is pretty tight that it's tiny and holds 20 gigs, but to be honest, that design and interface looks like crap IMO

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2004, 05:59:13 AM »
I wonder why they dont get someone like Shaquille O'Neal as an Ipod model. Would sell tremendous numbers. So damn tiny, isnt that what you want. So tiny you almost cant control it with your big fingers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin